Green Day's 'American Idiot' musical to tour UK and Ireland in 2012

susanananananaa

Green Day's 'American Idiot' musical to tour UK and Ireland in 2012

Green Day's American Idiot musical will tour the UK in late 2012.

The musical, which finished a lengthy run at St James Theater on Broadway earlier this year, will visit eight cities on a tour that begins in October 2012.

The tour starts at Southampton's Mayflower Theatre on October 9 and runs until early December, with a final week-long run at London's HMV Hammersmith Apollo. The musical will also have a two-week long stint at Manchester's Palace Theatre.

The show is based around songs from Green Day's last two studio albums 'American Idiot' and '21st Century Breakdown'. A feature film version of the musical, which is being produced by Tom Hanks, is currently in development.

'American Idiot' will visit:

Southampton Mayflower Theatre (October 9 - 13)

Cardiff Millennium Centre (15 - 20)

Edinburgh Playhouse (22 - 27)

Glasgow Clyde Auditorium (29 - November 3)

Dublin Grand Canal?Theatre (5 - 10)

Manchester Palace Theatre (12 - 24)

Birmingham Alexandra Theatre (26 - 30)

London HMV?Hammersmith Apollo (December 3 - 8 )

Tickets will go onsale next Friday (December 9) at 10am (GMT). To check the availability of American Idiot tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

http://www.nme.com/n...green-day/60716

:runaround:

:woot:

I've always said that if show came to the UK I would seriously consider going to it! Let's see if I can find some cheap flights heh.

Nah I'm just kidding, my parents would never allow me to go. Or would they? I have to work on that. But I'm so happy for everyone who actually goes, this is great! :happy:

Anyone any ideas how much tickets will be? If it's too expensive.. =/

So excited! I'm gonna hit at least 2 nights at The Palace in Manchester. Won't be the same as seeing the original cast in St James' but still can't wait!

I already know what to get for Christmas next year then :lol: It probably won't be the same without the original cast and all, but I'm still excited about it! And I hope there's gonna be more dates in other countries in Europe!

So excited!!! I'll need to decide which London date to go to...most probably 8th December. Cant wait :D

This is awesome, I'd like to go to the first and/or last date of the tour. I'd have loved to see the original cast but it's exciting either way. I just hope tickets won't be too expensive, might start saving up immediately :lol:

Awesome!! I'll be seeing it in Birmingham on my birthday :woot: and the last night in London :D

:runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround::runaround: :runaround: :runaround::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

That is all.

I have a suggestion for a little trip to UK or Ireland next year to my parents!

I'm so excited to see this news!! Even tho it's not the original cast, I think the new cast (from what I've read) seems to be as enthusiastic as the original. And just the fact that Billie Joe is still so involved makes it exciting. I'm just happy so many people that wanted to experience this will be able to now! Yay!! :dance:

Excellent news. Definitely going in Dublin, maybe London if there's a meetup.

Haha, poor Kerrang. They hopefully have some more info for us next week.

Anyone any ideas how much tickets will be? If it's too expensive.. =/

Other shows I've been to in Grand Canal cost €40-€50. Don't know for sure about this one yet.

this is the most amazing news I've heard in a long time!

look forward to meeting loadsa GDCers there!!

:runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

Archived