pasalaska

This song expresses my feelings for a particular person better than I ever could. It is amazing hate song. I love the way it starts soft and ends loud. A highlight from Dookie.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was walking past a store last week and this was playing inside! I'd never heard it playing in a store before. I was also so happy when they played it at the concert at last summer :) Sounds just as good live as on the album, if not better! I do prefer the first half of the song though; favourite lines are:

When it's all said and done

It's real and it's been fun

But was it all real fun?

I used that as my yearbook quote my senior year in high school. :D Only they put it as "When IT IS" instead of "When IT'S" .... 11 years later, that seemingly small typo still bugs me.

My equal favourite off Dookie (She and Burnout are the other 1st's) It starts off really quietly and then hits you. The first time listened to this song, i was not expecting it and shat myself :P

I would like to sing this song to many people who I don't particularly like.

When someone pisses me off, i just say, "Go F.O.D" and they're just looking at me like :blink: because they have no idea what it means.

Oh yeah, adding to what I said before. When I mentioned a that particular someone, I actually wrote out the lyrics of this song and carried the page around for a week. Then I ripped it up and threw it in the bin. I really helped me a lot. So yeah, this song, the lyrics are really easy to apply to real life.

First time I heard F.O.D was the first time I ever listened to Dookie. I remember I was sitting on my bed in my room just humming along to the peaceful intro when BOOM! I was totally caught off guard and fell off my bed. F.O.D has always been for me the song to describe that moment when you're "Falling off the wagon" You are just so sick of putting up with you're problem for so long it's just like, fuck it. I don't want this shit anymore. Fuck off and die. And that feeling of finally ending something that wasn't good for you. With the last line "Goodnight" being the ending of your rage and discovering you're now going to have to face the aftermath of your decision.

The first time I remember hearing this, I listened to it because I loved "Time of your life," but I only had Dookie on my iPod and was still a new Green Day fan. I heard the acoustics, and it was the closest thing to soft Green Day and I loved it. I kept listening and nearly shit myself once the whole band kicked in. I listened to the bitter end of the song and heard "All by Myself" as well but thats a post for another day.

I used that as my yearbook quote my senior year in high school. :D Only they put it as "When IT IS" instead of "When IT'S" .... 11 years later, that seemingly small typo still bugs me.

Omg that would bug me too.

Great choice for a yearbook quote!

Though Dookie is my least favorite Green Day album, this is one of the songs I really love on it, just because it is so raw and honest. The lyrics are truly awesome.

hell yeah!

One of my favorite songs. When I am angry at someone, I always listen to it and I picture punching that person in his face. :lol:

favorite lyrics

You're just... a fuck,

I can't explain it 'cause I think you suck.

I'm taking pride

In telling you to fuck off and die.

One of the best Green Day songs live.

I've been lucky enough to hear it twice in concert, and man, is it really something special, when the 2nd half kicks in, the crowd goes insane.

Best song on Dookie.

The lyrics in this song blow me away. They're so in your face and straight forward! Great song :D

It's a song I really identify myself in, because at the moment I discovered Dookie I really hated a lot of people that acted like they were my friends but were making fun of me behing my back without hiding it. I used to listen to it quite every morning! I don't listen to it very often now cause my headphones are broken and that the headphones I borrowed are shitty and that you almost can't heard all the first part when you're walking close to a car...

But definitely the best song on Dookie with When I come around and Enemius Sleepus in my opinion!

Such a satisfying song to listen to! The first half quietly seething with pent up rage and then the explosive second half letting it out. Love the nasty lyrics and how he explains "I've had this burning in my guts now for so long. My belly's aching now to say", it's eating away at him and he has to get it out. Best "fuck you!" song ever. I really enjoy the sound of the first half with the acoustic guitar too, the lyrics are just as bitter but it's got a beautiful melody. I would put this on the list of Green Day songs that are really quite quirky and unique, which means I love it a lot.

And I love the name! Fuck Off And Die would be a cool song title but having an acronym for it is pure brilliance :lol:

I love this song.

One of the great punk 'middle finger to everyone' Green Day songs which is great whatever mood you are in. Probably not intentional, but also a great transition from Dookie to Insomniac.

GD are the best

I love F.O.D. It's such an awesome song, the anger, the change from acoustic and calm to fucking pissed and full band. Awesome song!

Archived