Billie Joe being interviewed October 21 in New York

Fuzz

http://www.greendaya....com/news/2694/

Billie Joe will be interviewed along with some other special guests on Little Steven's Underground Garage 500th show next Friday, 21st October.

The show has been running since April 2002, set up to celebrate 60 years of Rock 'n' Roll. To celebrate the 500th show, a live recording is being held at The Hard Rock Cafe at Times Square in New York. If you're going to be in the area, you can apply for free tickets to the show

Here's the video

Photos from the event

http://www.greendayauthority.com/Picture_Vault/thumbnails.php?album=406

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bringing over the little bit of information that has been shared on the Random News thread regarding this event...there is only one confirmed GDC member who shared that she received an email invitation to this event so far. The information did say that emails would begin going out on Wednesday, October 19th, so for those of you who tried for tickets - don't lose hope yet.

Also, there has been some discussion about the event being 21+. That information is stated on the Hard Rock event info page, but was not shared as a requirement within the information supplied when they were encouraging people to email for tickets.

I'm wondering how that's going to work, though. I know Erica. I met her at the Idiot Halloween party... at the Hard Rock, actually. I'm happy for her, but she isn't 21+, so I'm wondering if that's a false age requirement, or if it's going to be presented as a problem later on.

The entire situation is very confusing, and as much as I'd like to hold out hope that maybe I'll get in- I don't think it's going to happen. They did say that the number of seats was very limited, and I'd imagine people from other fanbases sent in emails as well. But who knows?

I'm sure there were tons of emailed requests from people who aren't a particular fan of one band or musician who will be part of this interview, but just thought it would be something cool to see, also.

The thing about the 21 and up seems very weird. If they are going to hold to that, surely there will be many disappointed people since they didn't share that requirement at the beginning. Sounds like they just don't have things planned all that well.

Yeah. I think that's what's the most confusing part of the entire event. If they were going to have a 21+ event, they should have shared that before people started emailing. Because it would be highly disappointed for someone under that age to have received a confirmation email, only to not be able to attend.

If that happened to me, I think it would be more upsetting than just not receiving a confirmation email. But nobody really knows what's going on with that situation as of yet. I don't think anybody really knows much.

Too bad I was at that very same Hard Rock eight months too early. I'm interested to see how this goes down.

So excited about this! I hope he has some good news to share :happy:

Is there any possibility that it would be photos, or maybe a video...?

I was already excited just for the interview but the possibility of GDCers being there makes it even better! Best of luck everyone. Can't wait to hear the interview :happy:, seems like ages since he's done one.

Congrats! :happy:

Just wondering, when did you send your email? And when did you get a reply from them?

I sent my email on Tues the 10th around 1pm, and I haven't heard anything yet. I wonder if it was first come-first served or a random choosing? I'm not giving up hope yet!

I haven't heard yet :(

I think i am just as excited about meeting Debbie Harry as i am seeing Billie Joe.

Plus, would love to meet some of you GDC-ers...

Alas... I will keep checking my emails...

I sent it at 9pm

I sent mine at 8:30pm and didn't get anything :(.

Anyone want to take me as a guest?

efbjds,gfesges. That awkward moment when you're not 21+ and are already going on a cruise in December, meaning no trips in the meantime.

I'm just wondering why it would be 21+ at the Hard Rock?

Ahhhhh that HRC holds green day memories foe me :P

Happy for anyone who got tickets!

I got in :o. I am just going to show up and hope for the best with the 21+ thing....

I'm so happy for you! Hopefully it'll work out, good luck!

I got in :o. I am just going to show up and hope for the best with the 21+ thing....

wtf i am confused.....i thought you sent your thing in the next day.....how the heck did they pick.....when did you get your email

Archived