Songs You Wish Were Played LESS

Heather.

Personally I wouldn’t like them to play any song less, because I haven’t seen them live so many times as to get tired of any of their songs. And for me, a GD gig will always be an incredible experience no matter what they play, because every song has a special meaning, relevance and intensity to me.

Of course I would love to hear some other stuff they don’t usually play live, but I’m sure I would also miss all the classics.

So in short, I would like to hear everything! Like a 5 hour set! :lol::lol:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is everyone hating on Hitchin' A Ride, Brain Stew, and Know Your Enemy? Those songs are awesome live.

Agreed! Especially Brain Stew, the way they play it is totally unique and so much fun with all the over the top ROCK stuff and heavy metal covers. Hitchin A Ride is so weird and quirky and awesome too. And Know Your Enemy is great live, although any other high energy song would be great too. I will never understand disliking/getting bored of songs with brilliant fun traditions, they're the best.

Swap Know Your Enemy and East Jesus Nowhere for Murder City and The Static Age. And maybe replace Hitchin' A Ride for another song off Nimrod like Jinx or Scattered.

No one's said Viva la Gloria??? It annoys me that's on both the AAF CD and DVD. They play it live all the time.

But Know Your Enemy, She and probably Basket Case, but that won't happen. I don't know how anyone is saying Holiday, lol. I'd say Boulevard, Holday, WMUWSE, AI, JoS, 21 Guns, Basket Case, Longview and Good Riddance are the songs that will consistently played at almost all concerts into the future.

No one's said Viva la Gloria??? It annoys me that's on both the AAF CD and DVD. They play it live all the time.

But Know Your Enemy, She and probably Basket Case, but that won't happen. I don't know how anyone is saying Holiday, lol. I'd say Boulevard, Holday, WMUWSE, AI, JoS, 21 Guns, Basket Case, Longview and Good Riddance are the songs that will consistently played at almost all concerts into the future.

Whaaa they hardly ever played Viva La Gloria. Wish they'd played it at one of the two shows I went to. I was glad they put some of the less played songs from the tour on AAF, gave me a chance to hear them.

Wow I never realized how many people hate Know Your Enemy. I thought it was the perfect song to get the crowd pumped. (Only they had the tendency to stretch it too long in the middle)

The boys seem to have this weird boner for East Jesus Nowhere that is, in my opinion, a bit unwarranted.

King for a Day. If they didn't drag it on for ages I wouldn't mind, but as they play it now it's just too damn long. Also Basket Case and JOS (I'd much prefer Homecoming to JOS).

King Fir A Day and Shout. Just drop it for one tour, I have seen it too many times at this stage and it just drags on.

Also drop the acoustic encore, Id love to see something more energetic close out the show

The boys seem to have this weird boner for East Jesus Nowhere that is, in my opinion, a bit unwarranted.

That's kinda of weird to say it like that.

I could easily live without Know Your Enemy...and I'm going to say She *don't shoot* there's just something that doesn't get to me with that song =/

I could live without Know Your Enemy and East Jesus Nowhere if I went to a show, but I couldn't imagine seeing a big Green Day show and not hearing Basket Case, Brain Stew, JOS, etc.. They're just too.. classic to drop off, I feel. :happy:

King Fir A Day and Shout. Just drop it for one tour, I have seen it too many times at this stage and it just drags on.

Also drop the acoustic encore, Id love to see something more energetic close out the show

Couldn't agree more.

Tell me more.

And d'oh, how could I forget Know Your Enemy? If I never heard that song again, I'd be just fine. (Even though I listen to it when it comes on...)

Were you at any of the 2010 shows where Billie replaced the line: "Make sure you do it wise" with "I'm having sex with Mike" or some similar equivalent? :lol:

Otherwise I just think it's such a boring song- but I've never really liked it anyway, it's the only song I'm not mad on on Dookie.

they've only actually done it using the existing arrangement on the last two album tours. And even on the American Idiot tour it wasn't as long as it is now.

When I Come Around.....Zzzzzzzzzzz

Although I very much enjoy the recent "I'm having sex with Mike" addition

That is NOT recent.

Saint Jimmy. I think it should be replaced with Christian's Inferno.

That is NOT recent.

I don't remember him doing it pre 2010 shows. It was never done at a show I was at before then.

That is NOT recent.

Saint Jimmy. I think it should be replaced with Christian's Inferno.

Pretty recent isn't it? I've never heard it before the 21st CB tour (was pleasantly surprised by it at Wembley :lol:). He used to sing how now brown cow and I'm a loser a drug user but not that I don't think, do you know of him singing it earlier?

I agree on the second point! That would be awesome. Only if it was Chirstian's Inferno though, I love St Jimmy live and that's the only song that's suitably badass enough to replace it.

I don't remember him doing it pre 2010 shows. It was never done at a show I was at before then.

Pretty recent isn't it? I've never heard it before the 21st CB tour (was pleasantly surprised by it at Wembley :lol:). He used to sing how now brown cow and I'm a loser a drug user but not that I don't think, do you know of him singing it earlier?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's sung it at shows from at least AI.

Well he definitely didn't do it at the 2005 show I was at, maybe he did it at others.

I actually wish they would scrap some of their covers. Most of their covers aren't even the full song, it seems like Green Day only like to play the parts of the song that most appeal to them. During that time they could add songs that don't even play at all, like Poprocks and Coke or Fashion Victim.

Hitchin' a ride!!!!! I feel bad for Mike playing the same riff over and over while Billie yells at the crowd.. I love King For a Day... A lot hahahahaha

I love King For a Day... A lot hahahahaha

Me too! Sure it's long, but I think it's really nice to see a really goofy side of the band on stage :) Plus you get more of the Big Three than most songs in that one.

I could easily go without hearing BOBD. It's just one of those songs that's too slow to get me excited, but not slow enough to be something like Good Riddance or Last Night. Plus I've heard it enough on the radio for a lifetime haha.

I actually wish they would scrap some of their covers. Most of their covers aren't even the full song, it seems like Green Day only like to play the parts of the song that most appeal to them. During that time they could add songs that don't even play at all, like Poprocks and Coke or Fashion Victim.

Reminds me of some quote by Billie that was like, "We can play 30 seconds of any song ever"... :rolleyes:

Archived