Green Day Question and Answer Thread

tapdancingowl

I might be wrong, but I think Billie and Adie met in 1990, and he was dating someone else. Billie dumped that girlfriend, but he and Adie didn't really have a relationship because of the distance (and I think she had a boyfriend). Then Billie started dating Amanda, and wrote some songs about her which appeared on Dookie (such as She). Then they broke up, and sometime after Dookie came out is when Billie and Adie got together. Then they got married in July 1994, 5 months after Dookie came out.

I think I read all that in the Nobody Likes You book, but that was a few years ago, so I might have mis-remembered parts of it.

This is right. They met 1990 and had an on/off long distance relationship but then that fizzled out and they both started seeing other people. Then in 1994 they decided to get together so Adie moved to California to give the relationship a go and they ended up getting married soon after.

About being whiny, I'd be surprised if he said that quote now but when he was younger he was whinier :lol: (like most people are). Plenty of equally whiny things said by him in old interviews.

I would have preferred that they hadn't revealed Whatsername's name but oh well.

It doesn't have to be her name. The person the song was inspired by was called Amanda but as far as the story of the album goes it's still a character called Whatsername. Just like how the Jesus Of Suburbia/St Jimmy character and the songs they're in were inspired by someone called Billie Joe :D. They're still Whatsername and JOS even if we know people called Amanda and Billie (and probably other people too) inspired them.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also don't think he means he was literally thinking about committing suicide, because it's far too flippant a comment to mean that. More that he was thinking of it in general, of the severity of it, a sort of 'what if' moment.

sorry...but they have an interview today in LA by conductor of hit tv?A messican tv?sorry if u have just posted..

sorry...but they have an interview today in LA by conductor of hit tv?A messican tv?sorry if u have just posted..

:huh: How do you know this?

there was a post by the conductor

some news?552307_404755019571488_97899831_n.jpg

there was a post by the conductor

some news?552307_404755019571488_97899831_n.jpg

OMG, this tweet is from yesterday, so the "interview" would be today :mellow:

FUCK! I don't have channel telehit anymore :pinch: But why GD.com haven't said anything about it? Weird.

OMG, this tweet is from yesterday :mellow:

FUCK! I don't have channel telehit anymore :pinch: But why GD.com haven't said anything about it? Weird.

Yeah, I remember people on twitter asking for Green Day with the tag #MaratonTelehit. Still, in there were so many people asking for other bands that I didn't think GD was gonna win.

Yeah, I remember people on twitter asking for Green Day with the tag #MaratonTelehit. Still, in there were so many people asking for other bands that I didn't think GD was gonna win.

But as you know, he asked people for questions for the band, so... Idk :ermm:

Anyway, he tweeted about his show today and GD isn't among the bands he mentioned.

E! Latin America? They better mention the interview on their boring program.

Spanish media talking with them before others? it's so hard to believe... :mellow:

Also, it's really noticeable how excited she is when she says the third one os called Tres.

Also, it's really noticeable how excited she is when she says the third one os called Tres.

Haha yeah. She said "spanish named trilogy" but she clearly doesn't know anything. :lol:

E! Latin America? They better mention the interview on their boring program.

Spanish media talking with them before others? it's so hard to believe... :mellow:

Could just be that today is their day for media. I think that's how it works; they invite people out on different days, then the interviews start being aired some time later. I also heard of the band being photographed for Billboard last week, so i'd say they're busy with promo in general right now :)

Could just be that today is their day for media. I think that's how it works; they invite people out on different days, then the interviews start being aired some time later. I also heard of the band being photographed for Billboard last week, so i'd say they're busy with promo in general right now :)

Ahh, Cool thing to know! :happy: Thanks

Those lucky people get to hear bits of the new albums! (I just love it how we can say albums instead of album this time :D)

It's good to read how excited they are about it though

Ooohh... she heard the albuns already. I'm so jealous!!

So is this an indication that promotion won't be Uno-centric? Interesting...

So is this an indication that promotion won't be Uno-centric? Interesting...

It would make sense though.. I just remembered Rob saying in the Rolling Stone interview that the 3 albums belong together and it had to be taken into consideration with planning the release dates (preferably close to each other)

So for the promotion there might be a good possibility that they will promote the 3 albums as one (which is not too weird since it is a trilogy :P)

It would make sense though.. I just remembered Rob saying in the Rolling Stone interview that the 3 albums belong together and it had to be taken into consideration with planning the release dates (preferably close to each other)

So for the promotion there might be a good possibility that they will promote the 3 albums as one (which is not too weird since it is a trilogy :P)

It can mean that people who don't want to hear the songs before they will be released, will listen to them on concerts. And for me it means using more You Tube on phone :D

It can mean that people who don't want to hear the songs before they will be released, will listen to them on concerts. And for me it means using more You Tube on phone :D

Ah.. Did not think of that..

so ive pre-ordered iUno! and im new to the whole pre order thing so maybe someone could help me cause i dont know if iUNO! supposed to come sometime in the mail or it will come out in the mail only the day that iUNO! will be releases to the whole world... thanks for the helper :D

so ive pre-ordered iUno! and im new to the whole pre order thing so maybe someone could help me cause i dont know if iUNO! supposed to come sometime in the mail or it will come out in the mail only the day that iUNO! will be releases to the whole world... thanks for the helper :D

It should arrive on (or a few days before) September 25th. :)

Archived