Panic Song

J'net

I think what makes this song such a 'panicy' song is the speed of the seemingly never-ending guitar strumming in the intro. It's that kind of repetitive sound that you recognise from alarms and sirens.

My favourite line is 'Broken glass inside my head'.

Cause that's really what panic is.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the instrumental part in the beginning is so cool!!

One of the best songs to listen when youre mad (almost all songs on Insomniac :lol: ). When Im pissed of I just listen this song and I feel like I am not the only one, who thinks world sucks :lol:

Favorite lyrics :

The world is a sick machine

.Breeding a mass of shit

With such a desolate conclusion

Fill the void with... I don't care

Definitely my favorite off of Insomniac. I absolutely love the intro and of course Mike's bass.

Great song. The music just perfectly embodies the feeling, same for the lyrics, and you stick that together and you get this, and it's awesome.

The music and instrumental intro already tell the whole thing, they're so, excuse the repetition, perfectly describing and expressing the feel of the song. I won't even try to describe that, just listen to it, the music does and says it all. And then when the "musical experience" is over, the lyrics come in and do it again.

The lyrics are just perfect. They word it perfectly, yet they are so little. Such few words hitting right on. They're very porwerful.

Also, it's just a great song to listen to.

I also had this like, insight about the song or a line in it or something like a week ago, but I forgot what it was :lol:

The only thing I don't like is that almost silence or at least something like a break that falls between the first chorus and second verse, and the last chorus and the "I wanna jump out", especially the last one. The song just kind of slumps for a moment there, which I don't think works very well. It's only very slight, though. :)

I'd say my favourite part of the song is the instrumental "intro" (it's not really an intro though) part. The lyrics are great and all, but that's just so strong and amazing sounding.

I used this song for an art project, or rather, based the project around the lyrics, so the lyrics have kind of lost their meaning to me (I'm sure that's temporarily, though) because I've read, seen, listened, analysed (on and wrote them out a little too much, but oh well. I still love the song :D

And go me, I might use the song for another art project as well :lol: But it does work very well, the lyrics and the music are descriptive and it's relatively easy to use, to put an image to.

I like this song, but that's just it. It's a good song, but it's not exceptional for me. It's very satisfying to listen to when you're pissed off and hate the world, and I love the instrumental at the beginning. My favourite lyrics:

Breeding a mass of shit

Fill the void with... I don't care.

It is a really good song, I love the really long intro, alot!

As the last post said, great when you are pissed off!

Panic Song for me, even without the words, is the sound of agitation, anxiety, disturbance …

exactly! my friend gave me insomniac for my birthday and we were all at my house listening it through in the background. panic song comes on and we all immediately go :huh: is that the music? what is this... you can tell it really unsettled us just from its sound. and then when i was alone with it and took a glance at the words, sheesh. it just makes me feel all angsty

When I hear this song I always think about summmer time, don't know why but it still feels great.!

Lately I#ve been falling in love with this song. One of the bests ones on Insomniac + I love the chorus + I used to find the intro too long,but now I love it. :happy:

I love how this song is just pure simple anger and panic. Its anger and pessimism just feels good sometimes.

Ah, I love this song! :happy: One of my favorites off Insomniac.

My favorite lyrics are... whatever he says during the outro (I can't tell!)

^This. What extactly is he saying?

My favorite lyric is "Broken glass inside my head".

I like this song because I always think of Basket Case as Billie's version of his panic attacks, and this as Mike's version of his panic attacks (although Billie did co-write this one).

I love how this song is just pure simple anger and panic. Its anger and pessimism just feels good sometimes.

Exactly. I'd say this is Insomniac's most kickass song.

I LOOOOOVE THIS SONG. I wish I could hear it live once in my lifetime.

Amazing song! My favourite lyrics are:

Breeding a mass of shit

Fill the void with... I don't care

:wub:

Mike has the best bass lines ever. Don't know any other band that has such a present and awesome bass... Simply amazing, especially on Insomniac and here on the intro.

Great song, I like it :)

Bass. Bass. Bass. Bass.

:runaround:

Yes. Yes. Yes. :runaround:

I just realized I haven't posted my favourite line in my previous post...

Torn out of reality

Into a state of no opinion

That's definitely one of my most favourite Green Day lines <3

Best build up ever! I so agree it sounds like pure panic and agitation right from the beginning. And then finally the lyrics come in to express those dark feelings even further. The whole song really captures that feeling of panic so well, the title couldn't be any more fitting.

I love the unconventional way this song's put together with the long intro, and the interesting almost grungey sound of the singing part. I love listening to all the little nuances in the music as it builds up and then just enjoying those dark lyrics being sung in such a dark way. It stands out as a really different and interesting song whenever I listen to Insomniac.

I LOOOOOVE THIS SONG. I wish I could hear it live once in my lifetime.

Ahh me too! Just imagine watching them thrashing their instruments at such an insanely high speed.....it'd be fabulous :wub:

I love listening to this song, it really can make anyone all wired up and crazed :wacko: and its awesome

Insomniac is my second-favorite album, and this song is a huge part of the reason why.

Archived