It appears a good majority of Green Day fans are now girls

Axel

I'm not sure I agree with this. I think boys and girls tend to have different ways of being fans. Girls will go to greet the band at airports, joining forums and just sporting their love. While guys tend to keep it more to themselves. Most of the times, of course. I'm just generalizing.

Yeah, I wanted to say that as well. When I look at my friends, the girls are constantly talking about their favourite band, while the guys... well, the guyfriends I have a bit expressive so they'll randomly burst out in songs so I do know what music they like :lol: But if I go outside my group of friends, for most of girls I know roughly what music they like, while as for the guys, for 95% of them I have no idea what they listen to.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of girls likes Green Day, so what? Maybe just their music appeals more to chicks.

if more boys liked green day, no one would make a deal out of it but it seems to be a problem when alot of girls like their music cause the band members are male. I love all of their music, all the old stuff and new. And yes , they are fucking sexy but it doesn't affect why I like their music so there.. :shifty:

hmm tbh a lot of bands have a huge female following. Girls just dig musicians i guess. my brother likes green day too though :) their music must appeal to girls 'cause when i first saw them i didn't think they were particularly good looking (that quickly changed) and still really liked their songs. but i know guys that love them too.

i guess im classified as a "teenie"

i am in love with Billie Joe

but im also in love with their music.

Im not a fan of girls (although i am one) and it does annoy me too when they are screaming "BILLIE AHHHHH" and dont even know their songs, but what can we do?

The only solution is to tell billie to go get ugly! (which is impossible!)

I have to admit, i would cry if i was able to meet/see Billie Joe up close. Thats because he is my Hero, and because im an over emotional person. (and i hate it)

I'm just going to throw it in there that is doesn't matter at all, in any way. Who cares if the majority of people there are teenies having their first periods? Who cares if they were all 45 year old men with hair as long as it is grey? Crowd composition doesn't matter a toss, as long as the crowd is there and they are enjoying it at least as muhc as you are.

As a 14 year old female Green Day fan.I don't like them just for Billie Joe.

I got into Green Day when I was 11, at that point I didn't even know what they looked like.

Besides, Mike's hotter than Billie anyway

I don't care what gender the fans are I just care about that GD makes some damn awesome music that kick ass. End of story :lol:

I have noticed that the majority at gigs now are girls and some maybe fan girls but being a fan girl doesn't always necessarily mean you don't care about the music as well. I'm kind of guessing here because I actually don't find them attractive, ahem, they're more father-figures to me I guess. But I have met fan girls who know two songs and thing they're the biggest fans, and out of the two shows I've been too I can safely say that the fan girls at the gig aren't bad at all in terms of being a fan of the band and the music itself.

Although I was stood in front of some very loud Billie fangirls in June, and I didn't really appreciate them screaming I love you!!!!!!!!!! In the bloody middle of When It's Time and mention JLS because they'd not heard it before...makes me cringe whenever I watch my video back.

But I let them off because they knew every other song haha :lol:

Generally, I'd say, the majority of girls are listening to popular music and what's in ~hot at the moment. With 21st Century Breakdown Green Day really brought out a good and popular record, and to me, their most mainstream record. That shows up when most of the "kiddies" only know the lyrics of the new, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown songs. And I'd say if Green Day's next album would be a more punky record like Dookie or Insomniac, the amount of girls at concerts will decrease.

I wouldn't say that it's an overwhelming percentage of girls (I mean, it's not like a Fall Out Boy/MCR show).

It usually is on forums and such, but the audiences at the shows were hella varied.

I mean, my dad wanted to come to the show but was convinced he was going to be surrounded by teenage girls, and was shocked when he realised he wasn't the oldest one there and the guys weren't massively outnumbered.

I agree with everything you said, besides the thing about the JB concert. The people at the front have most likely queued all day, and I know how bloody hard it is. Most of those 'girls' will probably be great fans, going to many of the shows and doing the same thing.

I dont know. When I first started liking Green Day I was a screaming 12 year old. I still like them, and when I was at the concerts this year I was a screaming 17 year old :lol: Oh, and I am a girl.

Do I fall into the screaming girl category? :runaround: Absolutely, it seems.

In all fairness, I do know a lot of guys from on here. And there were a lot of guys at the concerts this summer, and parents, although the shows I went to were 1/4 Paramore. In Paris I found it was mostly guys, though, now that I think about it.

I think that after American Idiot, loads of 13/14/15/16 year old girls got to hear the band for the first time, and saw BJ in the videos for the singles, cue the fangirls. But then they filtered out, leaving some girls who actually liked the music and wanted to enjoy the music.

Also, the front of the pit is normally filled with girls like you said because their boyfriends are behind them: they're smaller so they get the barrier. That's why it always looks so girl-centric, because the guys are further back in the audience.

But yeah. GD attracts a pretty varied fanbase anyway. I met a couple of 50-year olds at Wembley who were lovely :)

That just means that a larger percentage of GDC is female and we're all aware of this. but that doesn't mean the majority of Green Day fans are female.

Sure, the band has its fair share of teenies but a lot of the girls on the barricade at Green Day shows are pretty diehard fans.

its true. they are pretty die hard ;) we waited four hours to see green day at wembley and didn't even get to the front :( so people at the very front would have had to have waited longer. people wouldn't wait that long if they didn't really care about green day and only about their looks. i see where people are coming from with this opinion, but i disagree about the 11-14 year olds thing. when we were waiting most of the gilrs were my age (16) and older, none were younger except for couple with parents out of the hundreds of people in front of us.

also most peple with gdc acconts are pretty harcore green day fans otherwise they wouldn't bother if they only cared about billies looks :P theres a picture vault for that kinda thing. alot of straight green day guy fans are in love with billie too just cos he's a maniack ;)

i'm not pissed off with the feed or anything just to clarify. i see where you're coming from and i think alot of the aspects are true :P

At the shows I went to I'd say there was a good mix of girls and guys. I was actually expecting armies of screaming girls but it was bad of me to think that, there were some like there are with every band but not that many.

Personally I'm not sexually attracted to any of them, they just play fucking great music. I'm sure I make loud noises on the barrier but I'm just rocking out like a guy would.

It's a good argument though, I'm not criticizing. A few years ago I'd have said the same thing.

yeah, i think that green day fans are more girls then boys, but i dont think that the girl are also justin beebers (i have no idea how to write his name o.O) fans I was also at a show in June and there was I think same boys as girls and the majority of the girls were like "punk" i think.

This isn't really surprising..... Back in the early Gilman days Green Day was known as "the band that brought out the girls"

So really, not much has changed.

can I know why the hell are the 14 year old the bad ones all the time? Were always used as an example of "teenies". I'm a die hard fan. I like all their albums and yes, I love billie. But I also love mike and tre. So what if girls scream at a gig? I've heard ALOT of guys scream out "BILLIE!!! I LOVE YOU!!". Maybe it's just where I

Live. I never hear complaints about the 14 year olds screaming "MIKE I LOVE YOU" why is that? I'm not saying anyone Is complaining, but it's always the billie fans they people take a go at. Plus, not all the billie fans like billie because of his looks. I'd love him if he was an ugly 56 year old. Because I love him for the person he is. Good

Looks Is a bonus. And there are many 14 year olds like that. And many of us are way more mature than a 15 or 16 year old. I don't see a line between 14 and 15 that say when your not gonna be considered a teenie anymore.

:) that's my opinion.

Ive been to a lot of shows and one thing that ive noticed about Green Days audience is that is more diverse than other bands I've seen. I definitely see more guys at Green Day shows than at others. As for reason, I think music is something girls tend to get into more than guys. Most guys focus on cars or video games...guy stuff....rather than a band or music in general

I dont know. When I first started liking Green Day I was a screaming 12 year old. I still like them, and when I was at the concerts this year I was a screaming 17 year old :lol: Oh, and I am a girl.

Do I fall into the screaming girl category? :runaround: Absolutely, it seems.

This.

I disagree that they're all "12-14 year olds"... bit too much of a stereotype coming in there... it's just a second generation of fans, not all of whom are girls - at Wembley I was surrounded by a helluva lot of boys near where I was stood...

I kinda agree with you. There's a girl at my church who only likes them because Billie's hot. But the majority of fans I know like them for their music.

well, my point is that i still realize that there are many, many of girls aged 12-14, like sweet teens, who love Green Day just cos Billie is hot, they mostly know 3 main songs and nothing else. Sometimes they don't even know that Mike or Tre exists..

I know that many of us started like that too. I just suggest to be patient to see how many of them would still be GD fans after a few years.

I don't think it's really THAT different. They do have more teenage/girl fans now, especially since American Idiot. :P But at shows the age/gender range is HUGE, which is really cool.:D I've actually seen more parents who were dragging their teenage kids along to the show than screaming girls. And I'd say the number of males/females is around about equal. :lol: Obviously there'll be kids screaming "BILLIE'S HOOOTTT!!!"

'Cause he is.

:P

But from what I've seen they're usually really into the music as well. :)

Archived