Where do you see Green Day in 10 years time?

jacknovella

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure they will be around in 10 years, going strong. It is after that, that worries me. It is hard to tell if they will even have the willpower after a while. Hopefully they do end up being one of the bands that push themselves, regardless of age

I can totally see them do music. I think they'll still have a lot of energy to put on great shows like in the past.

I think they will still play shows...but I don't think they will be as concentrated on making albums....sure they will probably still write new songs...but I don't think we will still be getting real albums from them...if you know what I mean.

I hope they continue for a long time, I can definitely see them still going 10 years from now, If the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and ACDC can do it then Green Day definitely can. It all depends on how they look after themselves and keep themselves fit and healthy, they'll still be up for it :)

THIS :)

Yeah, I cant see Billie Joe ever completley giving up writing songs. And in regards to their live shows, they play with the energy of much younger men, so maybe age wont catch up with them for a while yet.

at the ireland show Billie joe said that he made a promise when he started the band that the only way he would leave would be in a coffin and that until then he will continue what hes been doing for the last 20 odd years! - well i really hope so! :ermm:

Oh i hope to see them still making music and being as awesome as they are now! :D

80 year olds on stage do not appeal to me, for any band. Green Day has 2 quality albums left, and then it is time to consider ending their music career on the high note. So that gives them about 10 years, by 2020 they should be kicking back and chilling out.

I refuse to see that, no matter how 'rational' that may be. All I've ever known is Green Day playing music. That has been the only constant in Life to me. In seriousness, that's all they've ever known, as well. For most of their lives, since they were teenagers and before that, music and making music has been a huge part of who the guys are and I don't think they would give it up that easily. Other bands have gone on and continued despite their age and I can see Green Day being one of them.

I think in 10 years, they'll have a few more albums, have taken their music in another direction, in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame and they won't be jumping around as much. :)

If I had to bet on any band that's around today still being around in 10 or 20 years, it would be Green Day. They love it! When Billie says the only way he'd leave the band is in a coffin he isn't joking. I truly believe they're in it for life.

People can still function when they're over 40 you know.......if my dad can play in a band in his 50s I'm pretty sure Green Day could manage it :lol:

I refuse to see that, no matter how 'rational' that may be. All I've ever known is Green Day playing music. That hs been the only constant in Life to me. In seriousness, that's all they've ever known, as well. For most of their lives, since they were teenagers and before that, music and making music has been a huge part of who the guys are and I don't think they would give it up that easily. Other bands have gone on and continued despite their age and I can see Green Day being one of them.

I think in 10 years, they'll have a few more albums, have taken their music in another direction, in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame and they won't be jumping around as much. :)

Totally agreed. Music is what they love, so why should they want to stop doing what they love just because they reach a certain age? I hope they continue as long as they enjoy it. And I really can't imagine them stopping enjoying it. Music is what they are.......might be a corny thing to say but in Green Day's case it's true.

I still see them rocking out in 10 years, and by the age of 48 they can still run around and everything. Look at Axl Rose and Jon Bon Jovi, they are 48 now so I don't know what alot of you are on about. Also look at Joan Jett, she's 51 and rocking out so I don't think they will be chilling out because of their age. 48 is still young!

I don't know to be honest, one part of me hopes that they'll still be going strong but another part of me hopes that it doesn't start getting silly, like comeback after comeback etc. I don't think they'll ever stand up and say Green Day are finished, but maybe just take longer breaks, not as many shows and just be there in the background, not quite as prominent as they are currently. But whatever will be will be, and who are we to complain? :)

48 isn't that old :lol: Plenty of bands still play when they reach their late 40s and I really can see Green Day being around in 10 years

I wonder how their shows will be, cause the music will still be great, but aging can affect their touring.

ahhh shut up!! I still wanna imagine going to their shows and having a blast when I'm 30+!

Just thought about it... They'll be like 50 and that's still not old at all! I'm sure they'll not quit, Billie said it plenty of times... I love them for that :wub: Their music is still going to be as good..

kudos to whoever said older

Yeah, I still see them rockin out - I mean, you know how to put on a show, you still know how - a friend took me to see Ray Davies of the Kinks in 06 and he's like 62 or something but he puts on a show - in 10 years - the boys will only be in their 40's

I was never a fan of Aerosmith but I'm sure if you liked them they rocked out in their 50's. Look at Jagger - McCartney still loves to perform - did ya'll see that cute pic of him on the bike in the new Rolling Stone? precious!

Maybe they'll be at smaller theatres - who knows - I think I saw an interview with BJ where he says they'll be performing until their knees give out

Or one to two of them will be dead and whichever ones are still alive have like fallen off the earth practically. And whoever's left just kind of gave up on Green Day and life pretty much since they are music. Okay maybe that's a bit grim...

Your optimism is truly inspiring.

As others have said, Billie has said onstage many times that the only way he's leaving Green Day is in a coffin. The guys are in this for life. I honestly can't see them not making music. It's their passion, it's what they love to do. I still see them making music and doing shows 10 years from now, why wouldn't they?

48 isn't that old :lol: Plenty of bands still play when they reach their late 40s and I really can see Green Day being around in 10 years

This :lol: Everyone's acting as if they'll be old enough to be your great-great-great-great granddads.

I think they're keep delivering music for a good few years. Bands still tour when they're in their 60s, their shows obviously aren't what they would have been, and their audience goes down.But, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this topic was The Kinks. They formed in '64 and only split in '96, and Ray Davies only did a tour recently I believe.

As many people have already said, 48 isn't that old at all, especially seeing as they can jump around like they're 20 when they're almost 40. :happy:

So they'll still be making great music, maybe the albums will be less frequent. They probably will be able to put on one hell of a show, still. Maybe not AS good, but you never know. I honestly think Billie's stopped aging. :lol:

ahhh shut up!! I still wanna imagine going to their shows and having a blast when I'm 30+!

Just thought about it... They'll be like 50 and that's still not old at all! I'm sure they'll not quit, Billie said it plenty of times... I love them for that :wub: Their music is still going to be as good..

haha ... yeah, I feel the same way, but if the Rolling Stones can do it, Im sure they can!

Archived