Episode 13: Charity, Live Albums, and Sex Toys

Fuzz

I listened to the episode a few days ago, but I was laughing so hard I couldn't leave a proper comment. :lol: And now I've forgotten what I wanted to say, to be honest.

Anyway, you guys were amazing as always or even better. :happy: It was really fun to listen to it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to thank the podcast for getting the word out about the tickets I was giving away for

the Dallas concert. I managed to give away 11 tickets in all. I gave away 2-pit tickets.

3-tickets in the 200 section and 6-tickets for the lawn section.

Also I gave J'net some of the custom made Green Day shirts I made for you all

to give away on GDC when I saw her at the Dallas concert. I hope you like them. :)

Incredibly awesome of you, Dawn. Thanks so much for offering these to people here. I'm sure you made some people have a pretty awesome day.

Gah I'm 2 weeks behind on podcasts...i need to hurry up...and downloading now...

Gah I'm 2 weeks behind on podcasts...i need to hurry up...and downloading now...

you better have a lotta free time

you better have a lotta free time

On the contrary, the best time to listen to podcasts is when you're doing something else.

On the contrary, the best time to listen to podcasts is when you're doing something else.

I have to listen to the podcast without doing something else or I'll end up tuning it out. =/ It's odd but time tends to pass quickly when I'm just listening.

^lol. O, Mikey.

Scotty's impression of Duff Man was hilarious! :lol:

Scotty: come back next episode :)

I want to but it's not up to me

and I too love attention

In the next episode.

EXCITED! :D

Even though my entry probably wasn't that good :P

^lol. O, Mikey.

Scotty's impression of Duff Man was hilarious! :lol:

Scotty: come back next episode :)

I agree, Scotty's Duff Man was amazing!

Scotty! We need you as a regular! :D

And you're accent makes me homesick! :(

Andres, or whoever is in charge of podcast-casting, will Scotty be coming back? ( <--the question we all wanna know the answer to)

i'm not disagreeing with that but personally i find it easier and funner to listen to the podcast (specifcally episodes 7, 12, 13) at nite time right before i fall asleep. not only does it help me fall asleep, i'm deeply entertained and i'm able to fall asleep right after it's over so i don't miss anything.

i love listening to these podcasts :D

they are hilarious i can't get enough of them x]

they make my day

but i got to say mikey would have to be my favorite :]

Scotty, you sound like a cartoon. It was so confusing, cause for the first 20 minutes I couldn't tell if the guys were playing some kind of...clip from TV or if it was an actual person. And because I don't want that to sound like a bad thing, I'll go ahead and say you're quite amusing :D You have a very peculiar accent, too. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

There's another thing that's been bothering me slightly (the other not being Scotty's voice, but the excess of sexual comments throughout the episodes). I feel like there are too many people in each episode lately. Everyone's laughing and talking on top of each other and it gets pretty messy and confusing. Or maybe that's just me. I think more than 3 people in one episode is just not necessary. I understand a lot of people want to participate, but does everyone have to participate in the same episode?

I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying some of you are unnecessary and shouldn't be in the podcasts. Just not all at the same time.

It can get messy when we have more than a few people on, definitely something we have to get better at or avoid as much as possible. I think it's likely that there will be 4 of us more often, me, Alex, matt and mikey. We'll get better at that, and include a 5h person from time to time.

i'm not disagreeing with that but personally i find it easier and funner to listen to the podcast (specifcally episodes 7, 12, 13) at nite time right before i fall asleep. not only does it help me fall asleep, i'm deeply entertained and i'm able to fall asleep right after it's over so i don't miss anything.

Just let me know any time you need help falling asleep. :whistle

i love listening to these podcasts :D

they are hilarious i can't get enough of them x]

they make my day

but i got to say mikey would have to be my favorite :]

:wub: Thank you so much!! It takes a great team to help me shine however. :sherlock:

Scotty, you sound like a cartoon. It was so confusing, cause for the first 20 minutes I couldn't tell if the guys were playing some kind of...clip from TV or if it was an actual person. And because I don't want that to sound like a bad thing, I'll go ahead and say you're quite amusing :D You have a very peculiar accent, too. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

There's another thing that's been bothering me slightly (the other not being Scotty's voice, but the excess of sexual comments throughout the episodes). I feel like there are too many people in each episode lately. Everyone's laughing and talking on top of each other and it gets pretty messy and confusing. Or maybe that's just me. I think more than 3 people in one episode is just not necessary. I understand a lot of people want to participate, but does everyone have to participate in the same episode?

I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying some of you are unnecessary and shouldn't be in the podcasts. Just not all at the same time.

I am from New Hampshire so i got a New England Accent

I agree that it gets messy at times, and my connection issues last week certainly didn't help matters. We had 5 again tonight when we recorded Ep. 14. It was supposed to be 4 because I was working today, but I got to go home early (after only 11 hours!!!) so I jumped on Skype when I got back. It was a bit crowded, but I think we did ok for the most part. Alex and Matt are very calm individuals, Andres is only loud and boisterous in response to my insanity. LOL I did my best not to step on anyone, but sometimes when I'm listening and really want to add something and I hear Andres or whomever start to move on, I try my best to get my 2 cents in, even if it means polluting the conversation a bit for a couple of seconds.

I'm not clear on what you were saying about the sexual comments... I thought you were addressing it as an issue, but then you went in a whole other direction with the congestion of people talking. Were you saying the sexual comments bother you? I certainly have a twisted (and sexual) sense of humour, and I only tone it down a little on the show. Being a Green Day podcast, I personally think that type of humour can be almost fitting, given the humourous content at Green Day shows and Billie's antics on stage. But of course there's a limit to what's funny and good natured, and if I'm crossing lines or alienating any listeners, any feedback would be appreciated. I may not change... LOL I am who I am, and I know my humour isn't for everyone, but I also think that we're an eclectic group with different personalities and opinions, which is partly what makes for a good discussion group, and also sort of what Green Day is about... challenging yourself or other people to take in the differences of opinion, something new, something difficult to listen to or even offensive at first before really digesting it and even if you don't understand it, making some sense of it.

It's like Billie's excessive cursing on stage or saying inappropriate things to certain individuals... such as calling a little kid a bastard and asking him if he's ever had sex or if he smokes pot. LOL Or like song lyrics... "kill all the fags that don't agree", "it's like a bunch of niggers throwing gas into the hysteria", etc. They have the ability to sound very offensive at first, but in the end, they are either antics all in good fun, or words that have a deeper meaning that has to be digested before the offensiveness can be eliminated.

Anyway, I really would like to know what you were meaning to say, and anyone else with feedback on the show's content, specifically coming from my foul mouth.

i got a New England Accent

"Sometimes... sometimes dead is bettah."

I agree that it gets messy at times, and my connection issues last week certainly didn't help matters. We had 5 again tonight when we recorded Ep. 14. It was supposed to be 4 because I was working today, but I got to go home early (after only 11 hours!!!) so I jumped on Skype when I got back. It was a bit crowded, but I think we did ok for the most part. Alex and Matt are very calm individuals, Andres is only loud and boisterous in response to my insanity. LOL I did my best not to step on anyone, but sometimes when I'm listening and really want to add something and I hear Andres or whomever start to move on, I try my best to get my 2 cents in, even if it means polluting the conversation a bit for a couple of seconds.

I'm not clear on what you were saying about the sexual comments... I thought you were addressing it as an issue, but then you went in a whole other direction with the congestion of people talking. Were you saying the sexual comments bother you? I certainly have a twisted (and sexual) sense of humour, and I only tone it down a little on the show. Being a Green Day podcast, I personally think that type of humour can be almost fitting, given the humourous content at Green Day shows and Billie's antics on stage. But of course there's a limit to what's funny and good natured, and if I'm crossing lines or alienating any listeners, any feedback would be appreciated. I may not change... LOL I am who I am, and I know my humour isn't for everyone, but I also think that we're an eclectic group with different personalities and opinions, which is partly what makes for a good discussion group, and also sort of what Green Day is about... challenging yourself or other people to take in the differences of opinion, something new, something difficult to listen to or even offensive at first before really digesting it and even if you don't understand it, making some sense of it.

It's like Billie's excessive cursing on stage or saying inappropriate things to certain individuals... such as calling a little kid a bastard and asking him if he's ever had sex or if he smokes pot. LOL Or like song lyrics... "kill all the fags that don't agree", "it's like a bunch of niggers throwing gas into the hysteria", etc. They have the ability to sound very offensive at first, but in the end, they are either antics all in good fun, or words that have a deeper meaning that has to be digested before the offensiveness can be eliminated.

Anyway, I really would like to know what you were meaning to say, and anyone else with feedback on the show's content, specifically coming from my foul mouth.

It's not that sexual comments bother me, and I don't mean to sound like a prude. I find it funny and everything, but to a certain extent. And like I said before, maybe it's just me, but after a while the gay/sex jokes get kind of old, and they lose their fun. I'm not saying you should stop completely, not at all, but perhaps try to tone it down a bit a bit more, you know?

Anyhow, this is just my opinion and most people seem to love you in the podcast, which means you're doing a good job :thumbsup:

It's not that sexual comments bother me, and I don't mean to sound like a prude. I find it funny and everything, but to a certain extent. And like I said before, maybe it's just me, but after a while the gay/sex jokes get kind of old, and they lose their fun. I'm not saying you should stop completely, not at all, but perhaps try to tone it down a bit a bit more, you know?

Anyhow, this is just my opinion and most people seem to love you in the podcast, which means you're doing a good job :thumbsup:

So it's basically a case of the jokes/comments losing their effectiveness when overdone?

Archived