GD "Graphic Novel" Collab

JohannaRaeRamone.

The Lowdown

What idea you ask? Well our goal is to tell a story based on American Idiot. We will be doing this visually through the interpretation of song lyrics. Since everybody have different niches and talents these can be hand drawn, computer generated, (nothing too quick and simple please), or photographed.

I think it will read slightly like a graphic novel, with captions and probably some speech bubbles but it's not going to be a straight up cartoony comic. More of an art collection.

Not artistic? Don't matter! You can help us plan it out! We can have some warm gushy community bonding times planing out character design and plot.

We are currently making a list of interested GDC'rs.

The Squadron

Confirmed members so far, it's an always changing list! Lemme know if I missed yah or if you want in! :sherlock:

Johannaraeramone.

St-idiot

Punk-tastic32

Finksnotbillie

Christie's-BLvd.

Spastic-socialite

Matteo263

Eighty.

Slappypunk

Minority13

JHyena86

Daughter.Of.Rage.And.Love

Jenny95

Kelley42Fox

Nele

Claire!

Cartoonjunkie

Dookie93

Adi0s

~Fooget

Mass___HYSTERIA

Jillyy

iLozza!

Cherrybomb!

Adeline-hearts-you

LotteThe-daughter-of-rage-and-love

Christina C

Anko

Rage & Love.

Thejos

Cat C

WhiteDragonPro

Okay, to-do list. Here is the process we will be going through:

+Gather list of interested participants

+Discuss and write backround and story

+Character design!

+Plot the events/storyboard more clearly

+Divide into sections

+Claim sections and go to town!

And here's the link to the squadran siggy! Here's the link: http://i1005.photobu...Csquadsig-1.gif

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome idea i think that we should start with it...well I'm not very good photographic but it would be nice to make it very good idea you have to go to the shower every day to bring more good ideas :P

It would be interesting to write a 21CB story all together :D

I like it, I like it :sherlock:

I think that's a really cool idea !!

I'm not very artistic though /:

yeah im not artistic either but I have a big imagination so i will try :thumbsup:

It's a pretty great idea actually! :happy: I'd like to see what the other users think of this. I might want to contribute as well, so let's see how this whole idea turns out. Just look at the whole GDC collab video idea. It turned out awesome, so maybe this one too. (:

Edit: 'I like scones' :lol: :lol:

awesome idea i think that we should start with it...well I'm not very good photographic but it would be nice to make it very good idea you have to go to the shower every day to bring more good ideas :P

Haha I used to shower once a month but I think you're right, daily showering would enrich my ideas and hygine! :P

And for all of you who feel underconfident in your artistic ability, you can help us with the story board and give us ideas and feedback! :thumbsup:

Why not??

unfortunately I'm not really creative :unsure:

ditto :(

This is a really cool idea and it could definitly work if we got a good group of people together to head it up :)

ditto :(

That means it is your civil duty to oversee our actions and make sure we do whatever album is chosen justice. :lol:

Okay, so I was in the shower today, right?

Congrats.

This sounds like an interesting idea. I'm fairly artistically inclined, so I'd be interested in drawing for it.

This sounds like an awesome idea! I also love photography so I'd love to help out. :happy:

Congrats.

This sounds like an interesting idea. I'm fairly artistically inclined, so I'd be interested in drawing for it.

Suh-weet, glad you're all interested!

me likes it! I can only draw sticks, but who cares! :lol:

Also, it would be great if we could create a story to a non-ploted disc, like Warning or Insomniac, 'cause it allows the use of more imagination :sherlock;

It would be interesting to write a 21CB story all together :D

I like it, I like it :sherlock:

that would be interesting

i'd wanna help out but im not so creative :/

that would be interesting

i'd wanna help out but im not so creative :/

Then you can be on the thinking cap idea team!!! :sherlock: (Sorry I've been dying to use the monicle guy all day)

Then you can be on the thinking cap idea team!!! :sherlock: (Sorry I've been dying to use the monicle guy all day)

Woohoo! thanks :dance:

im good at that

I wont let you down :thumbsup:

Cool idea! I'm the least creative person ever though haha.

I was gonna vote for American Idiot since I don't think 21st Century Breakdown has a plot, as such. Not a linear one you can follow like American Idiot anyway. But on second thoughts, maybe that would leave more room for creativity and make it more interesting. Either way I look forward to seeing the results :happy:

THis is such a good idea! I'm curious to see what people will come up with! :happy: *gets excited* :dance:

I'm in on this! :dance:

Great idea, though I'm not sure which album to vote for, I think it will be interesting either way. 21CB leaves more room for interpretation, but the AI album has a really strong plotline that could very easily be turned into something visualy exciting.

I'm an alright drawer (depending on what I'm drawing), but I wouldn't mind being on the plotting and planning side of things

:bunny:

ok i think dookie should be a graphic novel. make it a story about someone growing up in the city-middle class. use the whole dookie album in a way that american idiot is used. i think theres just as much of a good story in dookie as american idiot even though its not a concept album.

Archived