2000 Light Years Away

J'net

I love this song so much. It really is classic Green Day.

Does anyone have the Rob Cavallo produced version that was supposed to go on Dookie? I've always wanted to hear it.

I have never listened that version, I'd love to heard it as well!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely adore this song, in Manchester just that first line was amazing :lol: In my video of it I freak out when I realise its 2000 Light Years Away but then they stopped :( I'd love to hear the whole song live one day though :wub:

Love this song, its so honest and I'm sure everyone can relate to it at some point. Would love to hear it live someday...

I was so lucky to hear this song live twice ..

the first time was in Cologne and it was totally surprising because it was during the encore and I really didn't expect this song

it was beyond amazing :wub: the moment when I realized that it's 2,000 LYA is still one of my favorite Green Day live moments

this song means a lot to me for several reasons, I never get sick of it

the lyrics are simple but so powerful

I just really love that song!

This song is pure awesome. The lyrics are simple but so powerful and honest :wub:

Billie sure as hell knows how to write love songs

yeah...it's definitely one of my favorites.

the chorus can easily stuck in your head. :happy:

I sung this on a school concert and I FUCK IT UP! I'm sorry Green Day :lol:

hearing the acoustic version of it live was just epic. its such a sweet song :wub:

:wub: what a beautiful song!

it totally got me when billie played it as the acoutic encore at my first big green day show in rocktober 09 in cologne.

its just amazing and there is so much love in it :wub:

no its not me singing along in the video. i was standing at the barrier right infront of billie :wub:

Really really love this song.. it's so pure and full of love :wub:

I love this song so much. I listened to it so much when I first got Kerplunk! Awesome song.

This song is just so awesome. :happy:

Would be great to hear it live.

i adore this song!! :wub:

it's my favorite song on kerplunk, and if i had a top 10 it would be in it (i cant decide....)

Is it cheesy to say that when i hear the line "I hold my breath and close my eyes and dream about her - cause she's 2000 light years away" i melt inside? it's a brilliant lyric!!

I had heard this song live. Twice. :) It was my alarm call this year purely because it's the only song I'll get up to :lol:

Also whenever I hear this song I think of Joy's screenplay and I just :cry:

I used to have massive problems with the lyrics in this song :lol: Not just the line "she holds my malakite" but a lot of them, like "my love is yearning" I used to think "my love is running" :blink: It was a while before I found the words for it :lol:

Definitley in my top 10 favourite. Maybe even top 5.

I love this song so much. It really is classic Green Day.

Does anyone have the Rob Cavallo produced version that was supposed to go on Dookie? I've always wanted to hear it.

I second all of this.

If anyone has that version: I'd love to hear it too. Thanks in advance.

Brilliant video!

I was at this concert too and I still can't believe they played it. So totally unexpected. O, the memories... :happy:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I asked Billie to play a Kerplunk song for my first GD concert in 2005 and they played this song

yeeeeee :wub:

also:

took me forever to figure out a. that billie was saying "malakite" and b. what a malakite was

Archived