Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

Is the line from Minority "You are your own sight" or "You're on your own side". I always thought it was the former but I'm seeing the latter on certain sites. Thinking about it, "You're on your own side" makes more sense to the song and I never really understood what "You are your own sight" meant in the context of the song so it just might be "You're on your own side".

Listening to the song again though it definitely sounds more like You are your own sight

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Is the line from Minority "You are your own sight" or "You're on your own side". I always thought it was the former but I'm seeing the latter on certain sites. Thinking about it, "You're on your own side" makes more sense to the song and I never really understood what "You are your own sight" meant in the context of the song so it just might be "You're on your own side".

Listening to the song again though it definitely sounds more like You are your own sight

Wtf. I've always thought it was 'you are your own sight'. As in, you're the only one who can guide what you believe in. But I see "you're on your own side" and I guess that also makes sense and I see sites like Google Play listing that as the lyrics. Hmm.... we need an expert in here.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andres said:

Wtf. I've always thought it was 'you are your own sight'. As in, you're the only one who can guide what you believe in. But I see "you're on your own side" and I guess that also makes sense and I see sites like Google Play listing that as the lyrics. Hmm.... we need an expert in here.

Well, popping out the ole' cd booklet, it's apparently "you are your own sight".

• Like 3

In Tight Wad Hill on the chorus I used to hear "Banana ride. Bonanzy light." Instead of "Bummin' a ride. Burning daylight".

• Like 4

On 12/24/2016 at 1:02 AM, Jesus of Seneca said:

Misery: 'Virginia was a lot lister from methalade"

Band Bang: "I wanna be like the folgers on the street"

X-Kid: "Bombs away, here goes nothing, the shining's over"

Folgers on the street!!! Hahaha

On 11/17/2016 at 3:44 PM, Zelda said:

That;s because no one knows what the fuck Billie Joe is saying.

When I first became a fan I couldn't for the life of me figure out where the whole "rage and love" came from. Then I listened to JOS again and finally heard "I'm the son of rage and love" and not the "Imma sunna raichu la" or whatever the hell I though he was saying. :lol:

Almost spit on my phone.

On 12/2/2016 at 4:09 PM, The Peacemaker567 said:

Just found out that Longview is "I locked the door to my own cell" instead of "I locked the door to my hotel."

Really??? Well that's a much better lyric and I think I thought it was hotel too. 

Insomniac has been my favorite album for like 10 years now and I still don't even know every word Billie is saying. That's part of what makes the album so fun! I was jamming it in my car and I couldn't help but laugh because I was singing gibberish at times haha When you actually read the lyrics though it's like discovering a whole new world and makes me love Insomniac even more.

Dookie has quite a few lyrics that I never got right too, even to this day. I remember when I was younger, I used to say "Is she ultra-violet, is she disturbed" in Pulling Teeth. Because that makes perfect sense :P 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Haushinka! said:

Insomniac has been my favorite album for like 10 years now and I still don't even know every word Billie is saying. That's part of what makes the album so fun! I was jamming it in my car and I couldn't help but laugh because I was singing gibberish at times haha When you actually read the lyrics though it's like discovering a whole new world and makes me love Insomniac even more.

Dookie has quite a few lyrics that I never got right too, even to this day. I remember when I was younger, I used to say "Is she ultra-violet, is she disturbed" in Pulling Teeth. Because that makes perfect sense :P 

Haha. Insomniac has the least discernible lyrics of all Green Day albums. To this day I'm humming along to Armatage Shanks if I don't have the lyrics next to me. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Haushinka! said:

Actually, I thought that's what it did say:lol:

Anyway, I got a Green Day guitar tabs book for Christmas, and - well - I was in for a surprise for just how much of their lyrics I thought I knew.

• Like 1

My mind seems to have forgotten weather it was violet or violent, but yes it's violent, which is quite clever. What tab book did you get?

2 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

My mind seems to have forgotten weather it was violet or violent, but yes it's violent, which is quite clever. What tab book did you get?

51v+ifKWInL._SX361_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 2

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 0:02 AM, Jesus of Seneca said:

X-Kid: "Bombs away, here goes nothing, the shining's over"

I hear that line in X-Kid too.  I always sing it that way. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

I hear that line in X-Kid too.  I always sing it that way. 

I like it that way. "The shining's over" I dunno, like the murderous rampage and discontent is finally done.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

I like it that way. "The shining's over" I dunno, like the murderous rampage and discontent is finally done.

Like the movie. HEEERRRRREEE'S BILLIE!!! :lol:

• Like 2

I only figured this out because of a post in the still breathing thread.... I always though the line in horseshoes and hand grenades was "love is all that really counts..." Rather than "almost only really counts"

On 12/24/2016 at 9:34 PM, Jesus of Seneca said:

Well, popping out the ole' cd booklet, it's apparently "you are your own sight".

Because Green Day booklet's are ALWAYS right.   :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Because Green Day booklet's are ALWAYS right.   :)

I feel as though I've been subjected to a great injustice i haven't yet discovered:dry:

• Like 1

On Jaded in the 90's, I used to hear "underwear" many times in the song. Funny what a young boy's ears will hear even when he's playing it over and over and over again.

So I only just looked up the lyrics to Prosthetic Head because I'm pretty sure I've been singing the wrong ones for ten years and turns out I have :lol: 

The line "all dressed up, red blooded, a mannequin" I've been singing all this time as "all the stuff, red blood in a mannequin" :tired: 

• Like 2

Was just looking at my aged 19 year old Nimrod booklet, they put it as Amannequin like it's one word, funny. :D And they put you're a(n) inbred bastard son. Silly record company.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TIME I SPENT RESEARCHING WHAT "AMANNEQUIN" WAS?????

I laughed out loud, thank you. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I don't care said:

I laughed out loud, thank you. :D

I was laughing so hard when I was writing it and I'm laughing now again! Last seven years have been one huge lie :lol: How come I never got it before, Jusus Christ :D

• Like 3