Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

Wait, so you guys are gonna let this thread just fucking die?

One of the funniest creations that I need made into a coffee table book for my own amusement?

Not on my watch!

BUMP TO THE FUCKING TOP!

EDIT: Well WTF, right on page 100. :)

It was on page 99 of the thread, I thought it was on 99 of the lot of threads. Oops. Still has been a while.  It's pure hilarity.  Even the title of the thread is ridiculous, like my frame of mind when it was started.  Don't worry, I'm clean as a whistle now.

A dirty rusty whistle, but it's a whistle none-the-less.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, crock6000 said:

Wait, so you guys are gonna let this thread just fucking die?

One of the funniest creations that I need made into a coffee table book for my own amusement?

Not on my watch!

BUMP TO THE FUCKING TOP!

EDIT: Well WTF, right on page 100. :)

It was on page 99 of the thread, I thought it was on 99 of the lot of threads. Oops. Still has been a while.  It's pure hilarity.  Even the title of the thread is ridiculous, like my frame of mind when it was started.  Don't worry, I'm clean as a whistle now.

I have no idea who you are, but I love your enthusiasm.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I have no idea who you are, but I love your enthusiasm.

And I love that you love my enthusiasm!  Liking that shit! 

What's not to be enthusiastic about?  Green Day coming out with a new album that just feels like it's gonna be a special one.  I can just tell.  This is gonna be a heartbreaking fucking record. SO EXCITED!

• Like 1

I keep hearing "I wore cologne and I woke up" :D 

And "they found him in a cadillac, butchered with a baseball bat" instead of "bludgeoned"

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, crock6000 said:

You must have missed the part where we made dirty puns about the name of the song :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

You must have missed the part where we made dirty puns about the name of the song :P

Definitely. I always miss the good stuff. ;)

But I know some of the sick mofos around here and could only imagine. HA!

5 minutes ago, crock6000 said:

Definitely. I always miss the good stuff. ;)

Not always!!! Because you're here now and this thread is the good stuff!

I just realized this is not the thread I thought it was....... 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Not always!!! Because you're here now and this thread is the good stuff!

I just realized this is not the thread I thought it was....... 

I know what you thought it was though.  

Didn't realise this thread had been inactive for several months, outrageous. Still one of the most long lived and successful threads in GD Chat history!

Anyway since my mum heard Ashley and mistook "Ashley" for "actually" that's all I can hear.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hermione said:

Didn't realise this thread had been inactive for several months, outrageous. Still one of the most long lived and successful threads in GD Chat history!

Anyway since my mum heard Ashley and mistook "Ashley" for "actually" that's all I can hear.

Speaking of "Ashley," I'll never be able to unhear "crying on Michael Jordan" instead of "crying on my cold shoulder"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Oh and I've also just thought, new album coming soon = goldmine of new misheard lyrics coming soon

Yes, especially since we get the song before we get the booklet :D As a non-native-speaker this should be fun!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Speaking of "Ashley," I'll never be able to unhear "crying on Michael Jordan" instead of "crying on my cold shoulder"

Oh yes, to me the line sounds like "Actually, are you bumming around, yeah you're crying on Michael Jordan"

And speaking of Dos, although I know it says "You make me feel like I'm at home" in Stop When the Red Lights Flash, I choose to believe it says "You make me feel like I'm not old" because it sounds like it and I prefer it :P. Similarly to how I still pretend it says "it's pretty bloody sad" in Favourite Son despite now knowing it's really just "but it's", because whether it really says it or not it's literally the best thing about the song.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Similarly to how I still pretend it says "it's pretty bloody sad" in Favourite Son despite now knowing it's really just "but it's"

Oh shit.

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Similarly to how I still pretend it says "it's pretty bloody sad" in Favourite Son despite now knowing it's really just "but it's", because whether it really says it or not it's literally the best thing about the song.

I always want him to say "it's pretty fucking sad" on that line!

1 minute ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

I always want him to say "it's pretty fucking sad" on that line!

I'm always torn between preferring that and thinking actually that's the more predictable line and "bloody" is more interesting (and, to me at least, sounds more like disappointment than anger).

• Like 1

Just now, Libertine Angel said:

I'm always torn between preferring that and thinking actually that's the more predictable line and "bloody" is more interesting (and, to me at least, sounds more like disappointment than anger).

I like anger, it gets me all pumped up. Disappointment is just my general attitude towards politics these days, so anger is a nice refreshing feeling.

8 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

Oh shit.

Yeah I'm pretty (bloody) sure. I remember debating it on here but on listening to it more closely you can hear it's "but it's". And listening to the musical version confirms it

I was devastated to find this out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

I like anger, it gets me all pumped up. Disappointment is just my general attitude towards politics these days, so anger is a nice refreshing feeling.

Oh yeah, I've nothing against anger at all, it's just that that's what you'd expect from a politically-minded punk song so it makes an interesting change to have that subtle difference.

I thought the line "Emergency evacuation protest" from Warning was actually "Practice what you protest" which I almost like better. :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

I thought the line "Emergency evacuation protest" from Warning was actually "Practice what you protest" which I almost like better. :P 

And until this post I thought it was "evacuation process" because that makes a lot more sense.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

BANG BANG

11 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

11 hours ago, Hermione said:

Oh yes, to me the line sounds like "Actually, are you bumming around, yeah you're crying on Michael Jordan"

And speaking of Dos, although I know it says "You make me feel like I'm at home" in Stop When the Red Lights Flash, I choose to believe it says "You make me feel like I'm not old" because it sounds like it and I prefer it :P. Similarly to how I still pretend it says "it's pretty bloody sad" in Favourite Son despite now knowing it's really just "but it's", because whether it really says it or not it's literally the best thing about the song.

I go to comedy shows, often. I love comics, comedy writing, plays, everything.  I consider myself an expert on most things comedic but the amount of times that I have belly laughed in this thread is greater than any theater, house, arena, bar or venue I've ever been to.  It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

I love that there are so many similar misheard lyrics and then even more where people just think some crazy shit.  I guess it's just in the way he speaks or something.  In this day and age (fuck that sounded like an old man talking and I'm not FUCKING OLD!!), that is rare because now we can look up lyrics but half the time they are wrong too.

Either way, keep mishearing mother fuckers.  I love you all!

PEACE LOVE UNITY and most of all RESPECT!

UGH, the multi quote is acting wonky but the next best part is when you refuse to accept the real lyrics.  I love it!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Like 1

Just now, crock6000 said:

I go to comedy shows, often. I love comics, comedy writing, plays, everything.  I consider myself an expert on most things comedic but the amount of times that I have belly laughed in this thread is greater than any theater, house, arena, bar or venue I've ever been to.  It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

I love that there are so many similar misheard lyrics and then even more where people just think some crazy shit.  I guess it's just in the way he speaks or something.  In this day and age (fuck that sounded like an old man talking and I'm not FUCKING OLD!!), that is rare because now we can look up lyrics but half the time they are wrong too.

Either way, keep mishearing mother fuckers.  I love you all!

PEACE LOVE UNITY and most of all RESPECT!

UGH, the multi quote is acting wonky but the next best part is when you refuse to accept the real lyrics.  I love it!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Can I just say that you are my new fave. You're like Bobo times ten (soz bobo, you're still awesome and I don't know why I'm apologizing to you, it's not like you read this thread, fucker, but you're awesome, too). Back to you, crock6000, YOU'RE GREAT.