Rusty in collaboration with Green Day for a new clothing line

RobyRoom

"Rusty North America (www.rusty.com) congratulates Green Day on their 2010 Grammy Award for best rock album, "21st Century Breakdown." The award coincides with Rusty today announcing an upcoming collaboration with the band on its new Wired Serieswith HB3 Technology, a collection of hooded product for men and women with built-in machine washable headphones.

Bringing together an iconic surf brand with a renowned rock band, Rusty's Wired Series with Green Day will debut with a handful of fashion-forward styles featuring original artwork from the band's classic albums on signature Rusty hooded product. Fully equipped with HB3-powered headphones, the Rusty Wired Series with Green Day will be available for purchase this Summer, following on the heels of Green Day's Broadway musical "American Idiot," based on the band's 2004 album of the same name.

"Rusty and Green Day are similar in many ways - we're originators, innovators, and move to the beat of our own drum, so a collaboration made perfect sense," said Charlie Setzler, President of Rusty North America. "Most of Rusty's consumers and athletes have been listening to Green Day for years, and the band has been riding Rusty Surfboards for a while now. This is a natural fit for us and we're excited about what's ahead."

"When Rusty asked us to collaborate with them on their Wired Series, we jumped at the chance," said Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong. "We identify with their creative spirit and desire to push the boundaries of fashion and technology, so we were excited to get involved and lend our name and images to the project."

The Rusty Wired Series/Green Day Collaboration will range in price from $59.50-79.50.

For more info, visit www.rusty.com - and stay tuned for more exciting Wired Series news this Spring!"

source: http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/industry...reen-day_40735/

Definitely expensive, but I look forward to see what these clothes will look like :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely expensive

yep, I hope the shipping cost won't be to much high...and maybe I could buy something...

built-in headphones in a hoodie. :huh:

Apart from that if you have something that needs headphones, you get the headphones with it, that will be broken in no time. Machine washable or not, I have a hard time believing an electrical device will survive multiple machine washes.

Anyway, I look forward to the result.

And it's kinda expensive.

whoa talk about expensive, and I agree about the headphones, i cannot beleive theyll survive multiple washes and still sound good :lol:

The headphone thing isn't too appealing, but really nice GD hoodies are. I'll definitely try and get one around summer, which is my birthday, so shouldn't be too hard.

Expensive? Yes. But being able to constantly listen to music in classes discretely? Amazing. I'm curious about this and want to see what they look like. Maybe I'll buy one, who knows?

I can see these looking fucking amazing...but not being practical...and they are sooooooo much $$$ :/

Expensive? Yes. But being able to constantly listen to music in classes discretely? Amazing. I'm curious about this and want to see what they look like. Maybe I'll buy one, who knows?

That's just as possible with normal headphones :lol:

Can't wait to see those hoodies.

Probably I'm not going to buy one though, coz it's a lot of money and then there's also the shipping cost :/

It sounds really cool but bizarre. And yeah, expensive.

But if it's super good quality maybe worthwhile?

Interesting... but built in headphones sounds just weird. :blink:

Ah well, let's wait for the final product, maybe I'll buy something maybe not.

It's definitely pricey, but it sounds like it could be pretty cool. I'm excited to see what the hoodies look like.

I never heard of Rusty before this and now I can't wait to see what they look like and possibly get a couple of the items

Ew. Expensive. And kind of dumb sounding. I don't know. I'll have to see how the shit looks. I might buy something if I really love it.

Hopefully there are some cute, feminine ones! With Gloria or something, these sound really cool, but I wouldn't want to wear guys clothes...I'm kind of uber-feminine.

Billie just wants free surf gear for life! XD

Nah it is what it is, sounds a bit gimmicky to me but meh, i'm not gonna be buying one so it doesn't really matter XD i'm sure there are people out there who will love it, though.

I just want a pretty hoodie. Screw earphones, I already have a fine and dandy pair.

wtaf.

This isn't very necessary.

shup, I want it! Je voudrais! Don't know that in german!

Archived