2010 Grammy Performance

Fuzz

Oh hopefully there will be videos of there enterance and possible interview! We didn't get the red carpet feed here, i was really looking forward to it too!

I was watching it on grammy.com/live

horribly quality footage, kept randomly skipping ahead :S

But that may have just been my internet connection.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cried. Again. My god, the cast was AMAZING, and when the wall came up and they showed Billie... :woot:

Ah, I freaked out.

Mike and Tre looked gorgeous.

I wish I would have been able to hear more of Billie at the end though.

Dear Green Day: The world loved "American Idiot." Its political anthems shot you back to relevancy, and the album’s flashes of theatricality added a welcome bit of bombast to your sound. When the album was turned into a Broadway-bound musical, that was all a bit unexpected, and even deserved we would say. But -- and don't be offended Green Day -- bigger isn't always better. The choir on "21 Guns" was overkill, and there's Never (we capitalized the “N” on “never” for added emphasis) a reason to duet with multiple Broadway singers on the Grammys. Just because people seem to like "Glee," it doesn't mean we want giant choirs with all our punk rock songs. Then again, we appreciate the fact that there was no Elton John. Cheers.

that was on the LA times website :down:

I LOVED THE PERFORMANCE! It was awesome :D

People complain of not seeing Green Day enough but I'm sure GD was just trying to reward them for their hard work...ya know? Green Day's performed plently so they were just givin the AI cast their time to shine on the GRAMMYS. Aww it was awesome :D

Same thing with KOL......ugh, they shouldn't have won. But they'll be non exsistent by next year so just let them have their 3 grammys.

And I was SO happy when Green Day won Best Rock Album. I would have seriously cried if they wouldn't have.

i really enjoyed their performance, the cast was amazing!

though i would have like to have heard Billie singing a little more

still liked it though.

and Congrats to them! they deserved the award.

on a side note, i've missed this place!

I totally agree with everything you said.

On another note seeing Green Day on the same stage with Alice Cooper was amazing

the people who were on Jill's thread are probably tired of me saying that.

I'm not a fan of the musical but I really enjoyed there performance. I thought it was great. I also screamed when they won! They deserved to win the other 2 also. But it looks like Green Day like Kings Of Leon. Why?

i'm sorry...

i hate musicals and song remakes but i love green day...

i barely heard the banhd so this wasn't my favorite performance

anyway it still very nice to see them again there winning awards

I loved the performance. My family was all WTF at first, then Billie started singing and my sister freaked out, lol. It was a good performance, and the AI cast did a great job.

I'm so glad they won, I didn't think they would. Not because they aren't good enough, but because of who they were up against. Billie's acceptance speech made me laugh, with part about doing shots with Kings of Leon. Not sure why KoL won EVERYTHING, cause to me personally they sound like everyone else out there, but whatever. GD won at least one award and got to perform.

The performance was amazing, I really wish I could get to the musical.

Ah well, Green Day definitely deserved the award they got.

i absolutely looooved their performance!! i like this version alot better than the original. but tbh i dont think i would really like it that much if i hadnt seen the musical.

and yay! its started on the west cost finally. :D

I am just so proud of them. FOUR Grammies over a 20 year career. That's pretty impressivel they've stayed relevant for that long, they've stayed amazing for that long, and they will continue to be amazing. :wub:

I dont really care too much for KOL, and Im really not sure how they beat Green Day???? :/

Who knows, maybe they had a deathwish or something jk jk

I totally agree with everything you said.

On another note seeing Green Day on the same stage with Alice Cooper was amazing

the people who were on Jill's thread are probably tired of me saying that.

that was pretty awesome though!

Ahh today is a fabulous day!

I come home from school and to find that GDC is back and the boys gave won yet another Grammy!

Plus my download limit reset today so I can watch the performance as well! :D

I like 21 Guns in it's original format, and that's it. The girls onstage were singing too loud, and therefore drowned out Billie. :down:

As for the award, I'm ecstatic! It's definitely something they deserved.

I do wish Billie sang more, but the performance was insanely awesome. It just shows how far they've come and that they can do anything and it will always be awesome :happy:

I just saw the performance only on TV. I didn't want to watch the vidoe earlier. Congrats to them winnig though!

I wasnt sure I was gonna like it... but it was reeealy good!!

LOL, I love the look Mike gives when that girl tries to touch him.

ahaha!! I noticed that too! she immediately went to billie..

:lol:

I wasnt sure I was gonna like it... but it was reeealy good!!

ahaha!! I noticed that too! she immediately went to billie..

:lol:

hahaha i know i saw that, i wasn't sure if they were suppose to be acting cus it right on the part where they say "and you can't get another try" but I dont think so, hahahaha poor girl lol

As for the performance, I didn't really care for it. I didn't like the fact that Billie's vocals seemed to be drowned out, and the whole set-up just seemed messy with the whole cast being crowded on the stage.

Yeah Billies vocals was very drained out on the 2nd half of the performance and the whole cast really swallowed up the band in a few ways. Anyway, I didn't like it.

But good they won an award :)

what the fuck fuck Taylor Swift gets album of the year?

This, where's Kanye when you need him?

Archived