2010 Grammy Performance

Fuzz

I decided to start this thread over now that the event is over.

Green Day won "Best Rock Album" over AC/DC, U2, Eric Clapton, and Dave Matthews Band. They lost "Best Rock Song" and "Best Rock Performance" to Kings of Leon.

GDA has 40+ photos from the event

http://www.greendayauthority.com/Picture_V...s.php?album=323

Here's video of their performance

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, pictures are up. Lovely. :)

And the performance was pretty cool as well.

i really enjoyed their performance, the cast was amazing!

though i would have like to have heard Billie singing a little more

still liked it though.

and Congrats to them! they deserved the award.

on a side note, i've missed this place!

Did Green Day do a trashy redcarpet interview, because I watched the grammy live feed and i saw them arrive and get their photos taken, But some of the photos posted in the vault look like they are mid-interview?

any takers on that one?

ffs I reloaded the old Grammy page a good 6 times before realizing it was closed. :lol:

As for the performance, I didn't really care for it. I didn't like the fact that Billie's vocals seemed to be drowned out, and the whole set-up just seemed messy with the whole cast being crowded on the stage.

I totally loved their perfomance, my only issue is i felt the boys were a bit unnoticeable on the stage with all these people on there.. but i absloutely loved it..

I fucking hate the fact that they lost 2 awards to kings of leon, WHY??? Urgh... the grammy's used to be about good music now its just about popular music... But at least they still won Best Rock Album.. a well deserved award as well..

Their performance was absolutely stunning - congrats to the boys and the AI cast, because it was just incredible! I'm so proud!

And CONGRATULATIONS to Green Day for winning the well deserved Best Rock Album award. :) I think that may have been Billie's most composed acceptance speeches yet! Nice job, Armstrong. :happy: I adore you.

Side note: The guys look fucking amazing. Seriously - best dressed guys of the night! :D

Oh, their performance was really amazing.

I loved it.

The thing they did with their hands during the chorus was really cool as well.

And Congrats to GD for winning! Woot!

Beautiful, epic, amazing, etc.

So so so proud of them, regardless of what the haters are saying.

I hope they're enjoying getting drunk as fuck with the guys who beat them twice...glad to see they're not bitter about that :lol:

Their performance was so beautiful. :wub:

I actually prefer that version of 21 Guns to the album version.

Also I fucking hate KOL. They are such a joke.

The performance was amazing!!! I love the little hand thing they do during the chorus....!! I can imagine that being done at the GD shows now! Amazing!

and a big fucking CONGRATULATIONS TO GREEN DAY ON BEST ROCK ALBUM!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Did Green Day do a trashy redcarpet interview, because I watched the grammy live feed and i saw them arrive and get their photos taken, But some of the photos posted in the vault look like they are mid-interview?

any takers on that one?

Oh hopefully there will be videos of there enterance and possible interview! We didn't get the red carpet feed here, i was really looking forward to it too!

Ugh - now this is the last Green Day appearance for a while - now I'm ready for American Tour #2!!! :) Come back soon, boys!

Also stoked about the Rock Band Game and the musical, obviously, but - I'm gonna miss my boys. :(

Yay, we're back! :woot:

Congratulations to Green Day for winning the best rock album! :wub: You guys deserved it! I loved the performance too, and like I said in the comments on GDA, it was a one time thing and I really enjoyed seeing them do something different. They're Green Day, they can do whatever they want, when and wherever they want! And I fucking love them for that.

I slept for three hours last night because I woke up at 2:30am to watch the show, and now I gotta get ready to go to work. I hope I won't fall asleep on the bus. :pinch:

LOL, I love the look Mike gives when that girl tries to touch him.

i know! haha i was watching in amazement and then when they showed mike looking weirded out i laughed my ass off

I posted my opinion about this really early in the other thread and then it got closed. So I post it here again :D

Too bad GCD was broken the last hours. I was looking forward to talk to everyone here while watching the Grammys because besides Green Day (of course) I only enjoyed seeing Pink and Bon Jovi who also did a great performance. The rest was kind of boring and it was horrible to die of excitement without being able to talk to someone after the guys lost two categories. I did not find the other forum :cry:

So, most important: Congrats to our guys for winning best rock album! They totally deserved it. I was so happy when it was announced after they lost the other two awards to Kings of Leon.

The acceptance speech was not that exciting but suitable, in my opinion. I think it was cool that Billie said that they are going to have some shots with KOL. It shows that they are not jealous of them and respect other artists even if they beat them. I wish I could join them having some shots…

I liked the performance with the cast. They all sounded beautiful. I would have liked a second rock song without the cast nevertheless.

It looked like Billie and Tre really enjoyed playing with the cast. I am not sure about Mike though. He looked kind of uncomfortable.

Did he wear eyeliner as well? I never noticed that before but it looked great.

And I also really like Billies new shorter haircut. wub.gif

Beautiful, epic, amazing, etc.

So so so proud of them, regardless of what the haters are saying.

I hope they're enjoying getting drunk as fuck with the guys who beat them twice...glad to see they're not bitter about that :lol:

yeah there fucking great losers! :lol: I guess it makes it a little easier that they won as well. I'm so happy! and yeah fuck the haters, they piss me off..ugh

Archived