The Worst Album Covers of 2009

Hanner

No you know who had the worst album cover of 2009? 2 words Adam Lambert!

NO. NO. AND NO.

(I'm a hardcore Glambert) :wub:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my god, Joss Stone's album looks like something a graphics student would've whipped up and gotten a C grade on. hahaha, even the font for the album title is just so amateur.

Pitchfork is a bunch of dumb arses. They clearly dont know what they are talking about. I rather liked the album cover for 21st century breakdown and think its one of the best of 2009

Jeezus, most of those albums were horrible! Especially Chris Brown and Dark Meat album cover. :lol:

IDK, 21stCB was okay. Definitely not their best album art cover, that's for sure. Anyway, I could give a shit on what Pitchfork thinks.

Stop hating of pitchfork despite the fact that they're hispters, that's just how record criticism goes. A lot of them are cocky assholes. But they do have a purpose, illuminating me with that donut cover, it's so ridiculous it's amazing. Chris Brown's cover reminds me of Snow White

All of those are SO terrible, how could they put 21CB on that list?

I mean, it's definitely not my favorite Green Day album artwork, but I still really like it.

I thought the cover was a good piece of art! Not as strong as American Idiot's art (which seemed to be everywhere), but it still had a nice concept none the less.

Graffiti styles are pretty safe artistic-wise. It's not that creative and it seems to be the "go to" for artists. That and the freakin grunge brush... so overused.

:o WHAT? why Pitchfork is always acting bad to Green Day??

the album cover was nominated in best album covers on Art Vinyl 2009.

and what are the best album covers? :dry:

I'd thought that Pitchfork is so classy and reliable till I found Life in technicolor II and lady gaga's video in best music videos list. R.I.P. Pitchfork.

Pitchfork is just so fucking pretentious, I can't deal with them.

I still think AI is their best cover, but I like 21CB.

21st CB had not my favorite cover but it's definitely not that bad ...

:lol: well, that's just ridiculous ...

Mm, I didn't like the cover so much when I first saw, it but I definitely got more fond of it after hearing the album. It's not one of their best covers, but it isn't very bad or anything and doesn't deserve to be in that list.

And for sure not on the same page as those other covers, some of them are horrific :lol:

wtf ?!?!? :blink:

as I first saw the cover I was fucking blown away !!!!!!!1

those other covers are bad right but I really dont get what should be bad about the 21st cb cover :/

Well, when i first saw the cover I really didn't like it too.

But yeah, the other covers on the list are way worse.

Whatever.

I really like the cover. Idk about you guys, but when I first saw it I was like: WTF is this? It made me even more curious what the album would sound like :wub:

Well it is not the best

But it was certaintly the best looking cover on the list

Where was U2s no line on the horizon...wait that was last year

Well, green day aren't really about the art, are they. Music before image. Suits me!

Having said that, I liked the cover, but I don't know shit about art.

Some guy in the paper was commenting that the recent explosion of graffiti-type art is going to look as bad in 10-20 years time as the airbrushed unicorns of the 80s do these days. I can see how that could happen...

LOL, some of those covers were god awful :lol:

But besides the fact that it's Pitchfork writing this, i'm quite surprised 21CB is on here. I love the cover, it's such a powerful image.

Archived