Green Day References

In something I was watching on TV there were 2 dudes, called Trey and Christian.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In College Road Trip the little boy with the pig was called Tre, I don't know whether it was actually spelt like that

I forgot to look at the credits

But everytime I heard his name, it definately got my attention :lol:

i was looking through the channel guide to see what was on and it said $2 Bill i was like :woot: this must be about green day, i read the description and its about kanye west :dry:

Me and my boyfreind were getting ice cream, and the person working there

had green hair, and in her head, was shaved the letters J.O.S

IT WAS SO COOL!

So I asked her and turns out she loves Green Day :D:wub:

And she gave me free ice cream too. (:

IT WAS SO COOL!

:o in her head, now thats a nasty visual lol i know what you mean and that is so cool :D

i dont know why but i love this thread so much, i think maybe because references are all around me :lol:

um in chapel i walked in and we were singing a song with something with GLoria in it and I wasn't paying attentiona and i looked at the words and was like :blink: but then i realized it wasn't vivz la gloria

Foxboro Hot Tubs reference: I was watching a documetary about women who gave birth even though they didn't know they were pregnant, ( I dunno why either) and this one girl said she "was ready to stop, drop and roll." :teehee:

Once I was in a public toliet and on the door somebody had written, "st. Jimmy" and "+ 80." That made my day, :)

And in school a couple of years ago, these two girls were talking and I over heard their conversation.

Girl 1: "Who's Gimmie Hendrix?" (I assume she meant Jimi)

Girl 2: "I dunno, I think he's in green day."

I had a good laugh at that one.

um in chapel i walked in and we were singing a song with something with GLoria in it and I wasn't paying attentiona and i looked at the words and was like :blink: but then i realized it wasn't vivz la gloria

I just went to this Christmas concert and in every song it said the words St. something or Gloria or Christian. Haha.

IT WAS SO COOL!

EPIC.

I was watching a music channel, and 21CB had just finished, and the next music video started with "BJ Production presents"

geez, I really suck at telling stuff like this xD

Not so much of a reference, but it was cool and I want to post it.

I was watching Disease Is Punishment, and my sister goes "Is that Green Day", I say "Well, um, yeah, no, it's complicated, i'll explain later..", and then she said "But his voice sounds like it" ('it' being Billie's voice). My 10 year old sister who occasionally refers to Green Day as Green Shit recognizes Billie's voice. I'm proud of her. *sniff*

:lol:

oh gosh, i see those all the time but can't remember them :dry:

today i clicked on this guy's myspace profile (he's not my friend, i just recognized the name. he's a real motherfucker)

and his background is a bunch of music stuff, so the first thing i see is a row of jumping guitarists that i can tell right away as the International Supervideos animation lol

http://www.myspace.com/probamf

Okay....sooo....In my US History textbook, there's this one chapter that has TONS of GD references.

Let me see if i can find them all.......

"While Wilson tried hard to keep the nation out of war, both the Allies and the Central powers launched propaganda campaigns designed to whip up support on their side." p. 289

"The AEF fought under the command of General John J. Pershing, and most were infantry - soldiers who fight on foot." p. 294

"Some young men acted on their beliefs by declaring themselves conscientious objectors. A conscientious objector is someone who opposes war for religious or moral reasons and therefore refuses to serve in the armed forces." p. 304

"Propaganda and patriotism sometimes had the unforunate effect of stirring up anti-German hysteria." p. 305

"Fear of espionage, or spying motivated Congress to pass the Espionage Act in 1917. This law made it a crime to try to interfere with the military draft." p. 310

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can find at the moment. :lol:

my cousins were yelling and my aunt was in "WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE HYSTERIA?" and I was like "mass hysteriaaa :lol:"

also, the other night I was watching TV and I decided to check the Guide... and I read "born on the 4th of july" and it was like "OMG, 21ST CB!" :lol:

In my old tutor room they had a sinks, as it was a science room and the one i used to sit next to was branded "Armatage Shanks". I always used to think of the opening track to Insomniac because of it. Green Day sinks!

A trailer for the newest Jackie Chan movie The Spy Next Door has Know Your Enemy playing in the background throughout the whole thing :)

That really famous song by Jet was on in work tonight and it made me think of Green Day :rolleyes:

In my old tutor room they had a sinks, as it was a science room and the one i used to sit next to was branded "Armatage Shanks". I always used to think of the opening track to Insomniac because of it. Green Day sinks!

Yeah anytime I see one of those sinks it says Armitage shanks, I think gd spelled it wrong.

I always pretend that the company spelled it wrong :P

(Even if Armitage is a place in England :whistling: )

In Princess Diaries one the phrase to 86 is used (and only because of that movie I know what to 86 means xD), and in two they say "preaching to the choir" (which would be a reference to Little Girl)

Not exactly a reference, but my sister started singing I Was There as loud as she could in the clothing store.

I've taught her well. <3

And a numberplate with 86-(two letters)-BJ

Double Green Day reference :happy:

My friend was trying to get her mind of off Tre at Walmart yesterday while shopping for Christmas cards and nearly everyone was "Have a COOL Christmas!" or "It's a COOL holiday"

My mum was watching Spooks last night, I walked into the room for 2 seconds and the guy on the tv whispers "Don't test me", I whispered "Second guess me" and my mum goes "Green Day?" :lol:

And in school a couple of years ago, these two girls were talking and I over heard their conversation.

Girl 1: "Who's Gimmie Hendrix?" (I assume she meant Jimi)

Girl 2: "I dunno, I think he's in green day."

I had a good laugh at that one.

Sweet Lord. :down:

When I was in school all over my text books I would draw Kerplunk flowers, so anybody who's from Florida and you see a million Kerplunk flowers you know who drew them. Also Jay Lenos band plays Know Your Enemy at least once a week before going to a commercial break and coming back from commercial break.

Then when I was in school again we had to pick a class song and someone said a song called Closing Time. Then the guys like it's that a Green Day song? I immediatly said NO! He's like are you sure? I said to him. Did you just ask me if I was sure? He goes. Your right. Then I was looking in my yearbook and somebody put lyrics to Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) on there page. And you can't forget my senior quote which was "Never run in the rain with your socks on"

Archived