'Hope for Hampden' Club

elle1039

Me, Soo & JackBauer are the founding members of the 'Hope for Hampden' club.

If you want Green Day to come to Hampden Park next summer, this is the thread for you.

Post your support for HfH here... and add the userbar if you like.. :)

[img=http://i35.tinypic.com/25r12x2.png]

25r12x2.png

Uhm... sorry for the supid question, but where is Hampden Park? :unsure:

I have no idea either. :huh:

Come on more people join! We're way better than that mob down south yous seem to love so much. We deserve a stadium gig too (as do Wales), Green Day love England too much if you ask me. NOT the UK as a lot of people seem to think.

I'm in, I'd love to see Green Day at Hampden (its in Glasgow) I was surprised when they chose the SECC the sound is always shit in there but then again Green Day sounds good anywhere! :wub::wub::wub:

hampden is shit for sound also

but

in summer id love to see green day out side :D

maybe t in the park

I reckon T in the Park is more likely to be honest. Its not that they favour us down here more than Scotland, its got nothing to do with that, its about availability, scheduling, projected ticket sales, and weather or not Hampden is willing to stage it. Wembley is always an easier choice because of its location, same with Manchester.

I hope you guys do get a stadium show up there though :) I might even go to it myself if it happens

This is something I was wondering, I think the label will have a lot to do with it. I'd imagine as you said that how much ticket sales they could see themselves getting would be a factor as well but that all sounds like label talk, projected earnings and all that shit. But how much of what shows they play is input by the band and how much are "outside parties" involved?

This is something I was wondering, I think the label will have a lot to do with it. I'd imagine as you said that how much ticket sales they could see themselves getting would be a factor as well but that all sounds like label talk, projected earnings and all that shit.

They have a big influence over where they play yeah. The band actually don't really get much of a say, their tour organisers come up with the suggestions and they decide weather they want to do it or not. They might feel that Hampden might not attract as many people seeing as they are doing 2 other big UK shows. I think they are wrong if they believe that to be the case, in my personal opinion. Theres so many factors that go into booking a show. But keep the faith, it could happen!

GLASGOW HAVE GREAT CROWD THO :D:D

FUCk IT ad rather they did 3 nytss in the Barrowlands

Lol I'd never heard of this place till just now.

I think TitP is much more likely. Though tbh I think going all the way to London for this will be cheaper than TitP. Tickets for that are ridiculous. And it's a shorter set.

I really wanted to go to T this year, my mates went last year and I would have gone then if I could afford it (It was 3 days after I came back from my holiday which I also had to pay for). Plus all the best bands got announced after the tickets were sold! I only got a job after they were sold out as well so couldn't afford it. This year I have to pay for a holiday again and I was hoping to go to T this time anyway.

But Green Day at Wembley just sounds like the most epic thing ever. I see them playing for about 3 hours at least at this. Plus they will have better support this time, hopefully (dream land mode here) The Gaslight Anthem.

But Green Day at Wembley just sounds like the most epic thing ever. I see them playing for about 3 hours at least at this. Plus they will have better support this time, hopefully (dream land mode here) The Gaslight Anthem.

That would be amazing. I love them!

I reckon the supports will be pretty big as its a stadium show. Hopefully not FOB or something like that though.

LoL Juliette.. how could you not know where Hampden is! :D

I get that people outside of Scotland don't know though.

I think the reason a lot of bands miss out Wales and Scotland is because mainland UK is so small and a lot of fans are able to travel, so they probably figure Scots can go to the Manc show and Welsh can go to the London one for example..

Realistically, it's not far to drive from Scotland to England, but not everyone has the opportunity.

I honestly don't think we'll get a Hampden gig, but there's nothing wrong with dreaming... (I was only dreaming..) ;)

I have been to some great gigs at Hampden! :D Nothing like hearing Billie yell "Scotland" every 2 minutes! :lol: I am only going to Titp if Green Day are there, otherwise I don't think I will bother.

I've never been to a Hampden gig of any sort... it has to be better than the biscuit tin sound of the SECC though lol

OMG Gaslight Anthem would be perfect :wub:

Am i the only person who LIKES the secc??????? its big, yet intimate, sounds good, security guards are by far the best at any show ive been too, and the queing system is fair! lol ramble over

On the hampden park note, i had the worst gig of my life there. it was HORRIBLE, not enough security, there was a riot at the end of the show. i want green day to play murrayfield insead, or if its a festival, not titp, but ROCKNESS!!! hell yeah, seeing green day 2 minutes walk from my house would be insane!!! :~)

Archived