where were you when you heard your first GD song?

kazoo

1994 - I was hanging out with my friend and older cousin after school. "Longview" and "Basket Case" came on the radio, back to back. Completely blew our minds.

lucky.... :dry:

to have grown up in that Era.....its ok my older bros make me jealous all the time cause they had Kerplunk on tape when it debuted....

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

prolly sometime in 05, which would have been an american idiot song.

I was in the car and then Boulavard of Broken Dreams came on. At the time I dadn't know it was them. Then a couple of years later(2009) I hear 21 Guns in the car and I found out that Green Day sang it so I got a whole bunch of cds. I put on Boulavard Of Broken Dreams on and I remembered the song just like that!

i think i was 3 or something and in the car "When I Come Around" came on the radio and it was love <3 haha i remember when "Good Riddance" came out and i think i was in kindergarden and i was singing it all the time haha

I was about 10 years old and I watched MTV because I was sick or something. And Holiday came up. It was really different then all the other things I listened but I loved it.

I was..really little so I don't even remember when this was.

But I was in Macy's and they were playing Good Riddance. And I remember hearing "I hope you had the time of your life" and going "Wow. That's a really good song."

Except you know, in not so coherent thoughts.

And years later, I heard the song again, knowing it's by Green Day, and it was like BAM! I remember this!

this's niiiiiice.... i don't know but i loved this Q...i know i'm stupid ..... but i really loved this Q!!!

i were in the collage.... i just finished a class.....i really don't remmeber what it was about!!! any way ... i start searching in youtube for MCR's vids ....you know youtube .... i saw American Idiot video ...... i just loved it sooooooooooo much....then i started to listen to all green day songs ..new or old ....best band in history

Planet Hollywood when I was seven years old and on vacation in Florida. They were playing the music video for Good Riddance. I loved the song then, but never knew who did it (I was still a bit young to be Googling bands, lol). If I only knew that I was watching a video from the band that would change my life... so strange how life works like that, isn't it?

Planet Hollywood when I was seven years old and on vacation in Florida. They were playing the music video for Good Riddance. I loved the song then, but never knew who did it (I was still a bit young to be Googling bands, lol). If I only knew that I was watching a video from the band that would change my life... so strange how life works like that, isn't it?

:lol: I remember seeing this video at Planet Hollywood too! Except I saw it in Columbus :lol:

watching smash hits at home, American Idiot came on and i though "who are these?" then a few days later i saw basketcase on MTV

In the living room at home in 2000.

Minority came on one of the music channels and I was just like "ohmyfuckinggod, what band is this?"

Never looked back :)

• 3 weeks later...

wow. im actually shocked that this has gotten so many replies and hasnt gotten closed yet. yay. :)

I think it was Basket Case, on the music channels at home.

I wasn't very old, about 9?

I was probably home or in the car listening to the radio. I don't remember specifically what song it was but I was only about five years old.

I was 12 and BOBD was always on the radio, although I had no idea who the band who sung it was.

Then, my dad sent me on a run to Target to pick up American Idiot, and then, after some time, I decided to listen to the cd. The rest is history =D

The first one that I can remember was BOBD, in the car on the radio. I think I was about 10 or 11

I was at my friend's Aunt's house, we were babysitting, and my friend had the Dookie CASSETTE TAPE. Yes it was a long time ago.

maybe i was 10/11/12 in my sister´s room (don´t ask which song)

or

i was 18 and the first song was "american idiot"

I do believe I was in my living room and American Idiot came on telly. I was 12

Archived