where were you when you heard your first GD song?

kazoo

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time that I can remember was on the radio with Good Riddance and I didn't even know it was Green Day at the time. :lol:

But first time I heard them and got into them was in the backseat of my friends car and they had BOBD on a mix CD.

The first real time was watching the American Idiot video on the same computer I'm on now.

I thought they were the coolest guys I have ever seen.

I was 4 when When I Come Around came out with a video. I remember hearing the song when my mom was watching MTV , and she liked it. Her favorite song was Longview at the time and when it came on, she usually blasted it. But, I heard When I Come Around first for some reason...

Anyway, when I got older and knew who Green Day was I heard When I Come Around again, and it became my favorite song. I listened to it all the time after American Idiot came out. Now, it is one of my favorite GD songs of all time. Every time I hear this song, my ears perk up and I feel like everything is right in the world...even if it's just for a little under 3 minutes.

uhm...unofficially i was at my 5th grade graduation.

officially was when my friend burnt me a CD with Holiday on it....i think that was, oh shit, october 2005.

man i've been a green day fan for 4 years? where has the time gone.

The first song was When I Come Around one day when I was about 4 in the car with mum, and I was like "I like that song!" but I didn't know it was Green Day back then.

The first time I heard them and knew it was them was American Idiot at a birthday party in March '05 and I was instantly hooked. I've loved them ever since.

It was sometime during the summer. I was at my cousin's house and we were hanging out in her bedroom and she put in American Idiot. She played Holiday, that was the first song I'd ever heard by them, and I've loved them ever since.

I don't remember, but I know it must've been watching MTV round my best friend's house at some point after Basket Case came out when I was about 8 or 9.

Until I got into Green Day with American Idiot, Basket Case was the only Green Day video I'd seen. Even though I never took further interest in the band I liked the song. But the strongest memory of it I have is is being transfixed by Billie Joe in the video :lol:. I'd randomly see the video on some music channel once every few years, and every time I could never stop looking at his interesting face.

Well, I've loved Good Riddance as long as I can remember, but I wont count that cuz I didnt know it was Green Day.

I first heard them when my cousin played me the video for Holiday. I was at my grandma's house in the basement when I heard my first Green Day song, then. :happy:

"Good Riddance", but I couldn't tell you when. I don't know why, but I always connect that song to TGIF on ABC...I'm wondering if it was featured in an episode of one of the shows that was on that programming block around '97-'98, or a promo. So I think that might have been the first time I remember actually recognizing the song, but I was pretty neutral about it.

However, I remember seeing the "American Idiot" video on VH1 and a VH1 News segment (I think it was about the Letterman appearance with the Bush masks) about the guys one morning sophomore year before school, and I fell in love with the song immediately. I remember telling my dad, who was sitting in the room with me, how much I liked it. :lol:

My first song was Warning as Warning was released and my best friend showed it to me in his flat in Cologne :)

you guys wanna know something funny, ok when I started to really get into them that October in 2005 I brought them up all the time and my 24 year old brother was like yea they're awesome......One night

he was like "bye going to a concert"

Im like "where?"

he's like "San Francisco The Warfield, Green Day"

:cry: :cry: :cry: if only I had gotten into them sooner

I was at my school.

Year 6s were singing Wake Me Up When September Ends at their graduation so they sung it to us (year 5s).

you guys wanna know something funny, ok when I started to really get into them that October in 2005 I brought them up all the time and my 24 year old brother was like yea they're awesome......One night

he was like "bye going to a concert"

Im like "where?"

he's like "San Francisco The Warfield, Green Day"

:cry: :cry: :cry: if only I had gotten into them sooner

:blink: oh my god ... he went to the Warfield show in 2005?? oh my god ... oh my god...

the setlist was mind-blowing :cry: :cry:

:blink: oh my god ... he went to the Warfield show in 2005?? oh my god ... oh my god...

the setlist was mind-blowing :cry: :cry:

he always goes to the badass shows

lets see he's seen Green Day quite a few times,

2002 Oakland Arena

2004 Bill Graham Civic

2005 Sacramento Arco Arena

2005 Warfield

he also happened to be at the Red Hot Chili Peppers Oakland 2006 show...that was cool

I've heard so many times when I was little, but I never knew it was Green Day.

I was once trying to memorise When I Come Around when I was 6, singing it all day. :lol:

I heard BOBD first on radio in 2007.I loved song like crazy,I didn't know the song name and artist,I write lyrics somewhere and later search on gooogle.

he always goes to the badass shows

lets see he's seen Green Day quite a few times,

2002 Oakland Arena

2004 Bill Graham Civic

2005 Sacramento Arco Arena

2005 Warfield

he also happened to be at the Red Hot Chili Peppers Oakland 2006 show...that was cool

I'm really jealous now^^

When I Come Around... i think i was 5 almost 6, i was in the kitchen on a sunday while my mom was cooking dinner, it came on radio one in the charts and she turned it up and made me dance to it

lol

Sitting in my room, figuring out the new radio my mom had just given me.

The first station it turned to was playing "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"

:happy:

I was 7 or 8 years old, I think.

I was on the living room watching the TV and Holiday appeared, I was scary of them becouse they were so dark and they were doing strange things :lol: Then I saw Minority and I fell in love with the lyrics and the song. I was 13 years.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 14, enjoying having a free 15 minutes before the bus came by turning my Franz Ferdinand CD back to my favorite song when I heard the begining of American Idiot on VH1. The video sucked me in so much that I turned my beloved Ferdinand off completely and had my life changed forever.

I remember being about 9, on the school bus, hearing When I Come Around on the radio & making all my friends sing & dance along :cool:

In my room, at my deks, doing homework and listening to the radio. A year and 26 days ago.

And then I heard WMUWSE.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Well, maybe I heard a song of theirs before (I don't think so, tbh, the radio station I listened too atm didn't and doesn't play Green Day often), but that was the first time I really heard a song of theirs.

Archived