Wake Me Up When September Ends

J'net

Okay, I just bawled... \:

This song always does that for me. I really don't know how to put it into words. It just has that... well, it brings out some pretty raw emotions

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that song. The lyrics are just magnificent.

I can feel the pain, I don't know.

Every time I listen to it, think about the past and future.

And makes me appreciate what I have, my family and friends.

Appropriate choice :D

The lyrics that stand out for me are:

Here comes the rain again, falling from the stars

Drenched in my pain again, becoming who we are..

I love those lyrics too, really beautiful imagery. And the next line

As my memory rests

But never forgets what I lost

It's such a perfect way to describe that feeling, that line always gets to me. This is a song that really makes me marvel at his songwriting, he can take these feelings and express them so beautifully and so perfectly. I admire him no end for it. The music adds to that even more, the way it builds up and drops away. Amazing song.

The less said about the video the better...

This song is beautiful, in SO many ways.

The lyrics are incredible, and really touching. You can really feel their passion. This song has gotten me through a lot of tough times, I love it so much! :wub:

I hadn't listened to it for a few weeks and this morning when I was in the bus my ipod turned it on. The BIAB live performance. I missed my stop because of it.. Love the song

I understand that some people take this song in different ways but I don't like to. I prefer to just believe that it's about Billie's dad. plain and simple. I just don't think it's right to take it any other way. Sorry

I haven't heard this song in a long while so I can actually enjoy listening to it now (for a while there it was being played EVERYWHERE and I grew sick of it).

This is probably the only Green Day song that can make me cry guaranteed every time I hear it. Just the fact that it touches on such a sad subject and is downright depressing as hell. It reminds me of the death of my grandfather and when the song became a single it was during a really rough time in my life. It's such a beautiful song, I love it. I don't like what they did with the music video for it though. But that's a whole other rant.

awesome song, not may most fave but still awesome, seeing billie singing it on bullet in a bible still chokes me up every time i watch it. This is my dads favourite, makes him cry though cos it reminds him of his dad.

Guest jetblackheart
awesome song, not may most fave but still awesome, seeing billie singing it on bullet in a bible still chokes me up every time i watch it. This is my dads favourite, makes him cry though cos it reminds him of his dad.

I can't let my mom listen to this song because her dad, my grandpa, died when she was 10. She never talks about him and I don't want to make her sad. :/ I wish I'd known him, I've been told that I look a bit like him.

I find this song really difficult to listen to knowing what its theme is. My dad died August 24, 2006, which is close enough to September, I suppose, but I just get a bit teary-eyed when I hear it. I listen to AI a lot, and I usually don't skip any songs, but I do tune out a bit when this comes on in the album. I actually have no desire to hear Billie sing it live, either. I don't think I would handle it very well. It is a beautiful song, though. It just really makes me sad.

Another reason it makes me sad is that I was in NYC on 9/11, and with the alternate interpretation of the song that can be made in regards to the events of that day in 2001 and the war and what has happened in the last few years... I really have a difficult time of it sometimes with this song.

Anyway, that is just me.

Great song of the week!

This song is the first song I've ever sung in front of something other than my bedroom walls. It was my 7th grade chorus class on September 22, 2006. I was so nervous because this class was so judgemental, but I made it through the whole song without messing up on a single word.

This songs speaks to me for that reason, and the fact that it can help me getting throught the day. I love it so much. :)

this song means alot to me.

i mean i can't get enough of it...

if someone ever talks crap about this,i cry.

hell yea song of the week ftw.

uhm...unfortunately for once i dont have a little story to put with this song. :mellow:

i like this song very much, it's one of the first that i ever heard, but the official video is always kind of awkward for me....

especially because imo it has nothing to do with the song itself.

good choice.

^ hah no its just something i used to do. it got kind of annoying xD

just write down your thoughts on the chosen song :)

This is a Green Day masterpiece in my opinion. It's one of the most sincere and emotional songs I've ever heard.

"Here comes the rain again

Falling from the stars

Drenched in my pain again

Becoming who we are"

I agree, I love that line.

I remember the feeling I had when I first heard this song. My heart literally felt like it was swelling, I felt so sad, and I just wanted to cry. That sounds melodramatic, but I don't care.

I love this song so much. I got tired of it for a while since it was such a big hit, but I will never dislike it. It's too powerful.

I got really sick of this song back when AI was really popular & this song was on the radio all the time. But I absolutly love it, the raw emotion in it when it's performed live is unbelievable. I cry every time I watch it on BIAB.

The first time I heard this WMUWSE was the first time I listened to AI in it's entirety. I broke down in tears when i heard it,

it really touched me...i cried every single time i heard it for at least 6 months, even tho i'd played it hundreds of time by then.

i think it was the first song of GD's that really made me lose it like that...

it's so simple, so beautiful, and says so much with not only the lyrics, but with the beautiful music behind it.

just the first 6 notes of the song tugs at you, and doesn't let you go

:wub:

couldn't have picked a better song of the month, thanks J'Net :)

simply beautiful.the way he puts those emotions into words is just incredible.this song means a LOT to me,and always will.the first song I really wanted to play on guitar (: loove it.

seeing it on BIAB chokes me up too... :cry: I usually skip it when I'm watching it, cause I don't want to start crying.

I remember when i heard this song for the first time, I was around 14 and I had just bought AI and was listening to it, this was the song that stood out to me first, and it was also the song that made me realize how much I love Billie's voice. :wub:

Archived