Green Day Upcoming Guest on VH1

watsername182

it hasn't come on just yet... but they keep running the same teaser. I wish I could upload it for you after it comes on, but it will be on my dvr.

they're on right now.

Oh wait, he does have make up on... it's just not his usual heavy slutworthy style.

Haha, Tre did a good one "I'll get naked with you backstage".

Sounds interesting... :D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I agree... wasn't very long. But I kind of expected that being a top 20 countdown. VH1 is like another version of MTV... MTV owns VH1

Oh, looks like VH1 has continued their tradition of airing shows hours before they plan to!

Sounds like I didn't miss much, though.

ahh anyone had it recorded? :)

I'm wondering the same thing. It would be nice to see it even though it's short.

Kinda surprised to see Green Day before a daughtry music video came on.... they mentioned how hard to play Misery is...

I didn't record it :ninja:

I didn't record it, but I saw it... tre was hilarious as always :D

"so what about you, tre? would YOU get naked onstage?"

"I'd get naked with you backstage..." :eyebrows: hahaha :lol:

and billie's whole thing about being drunk the night before they shot the 21 guns video, and waking mike up at 4 in the morning to give him a tattoo...? xD

Oh my God, it was so funny!

Quotes:

Billie Joe (talking about making the 21 Guns music video): I just saw the 'Public Enemies' movie and I was like, 'I know how they do that!'

Mike: Everyone around us was wearing goggles, except for us. That made us feel good.

Tre (asked if he would play naked on stage): I'll get naked with you backstage. Turn these cameras off!

And, they introduced their video. After, Jordin Sparks was in front of them, and Tre said, "Awesome!" and they host said, "Do you know she hasn't been alive since before you guys started the band?" or something. It was funny because it made them feel old, bahaha.

They talked about the music, their live show, 21 Guns, etc.

And there were probably a few things I forgot.

All in all, it was funny, and cool to see them on TV.

Also, they were number 6 on the countdown. =]

I didn't record, but I hope someone did. It was pretty funny.

Very short, though. =/

And, the guy was talking in front of one of the backstage rooms. It had a red thing on it that read, "MASSAGE,' so they really do get massages on the road, haha.

He talked in front of their equipment, too.

I'm still trying to remember everything, but I can't, haha.

Argh. I woke up at like 5 this morning and thought about setting my DVR to record it, but then I just fell back asleep, I woke up in time for the last like 2 minutes of the interview. >.<

I'm sure someone will put it on youtube or something though. Hopefully. :)

no, he said he could get naked backstage, and then they asked him/said that he could get naked even in the show, and Tre said "turn those cameras off!"

oh yeah, and tre said "I love HIM!" after they announced jordin spark's video. and when they said that it was called "battlefield", tre blurted out "pat benatar!" which was great because jordin spark's song is such a ripoff of love is a battlefield... but anyway. and when the host was talking backstage, I THINK I saw a sign on the door that said "Chris ____" (can't remember the last name) but I thought it might have been the chris everyone has been talking about, haha.

and the host did say that he would like to hear misery played, and billie joe was like "That's hard. we need, like, a mariachi band to play it" or something.

I wish it would have been longer.

I think it advertised twice during the interview with them.

And it's a two hour long show, and I had to wait until about an hour and a half until they came on. Very frustrating.

But, whatever. It was a cool little interview.

Somebody from GDC was interviewed in front of MSG.

I can't think of her username, but she mentioned it in this thread.

Anyway, it was cool seeing her! Lmfao.

he said it was hard, yes and that they needed a mariachi band for it :/

Tre said something funny early on, and I can't think of it, and it's making me mad.

Bah.

But, yes. Billie with no makeup. He was adorable, and his hair has gotten mighty long. They all looked the same, no big change. Tre's still rocking his blonde hair, which I'm think I'm finally getting used to, haha.

:( It's very sad, isn't it? I haven't watched my Disney videos in years, but now that I can't, I feel the urge to watch them all :lol:

Does anyone remember when VH1 would show more videos than MTV? Because strangely enough, the opposite is kind of happening, I see more videos on MTV! The Top 20 Countdown seems to be the ONLY time I see videos on VH1 anymore!

Yeah, I remember that...and although they both seem to be playing less and less videos, I think VH1 still plays more. They both play them early weekday mornings, but VH1 plays them till 11:00 and MTV plays them till like 10:00 and on Fridays I don't even know if they play them at all =/ but they're both filled with reality shows now, which sucks. Oh and speaking of MTV, does TRL even come on anymore? And what's really upsetting is that fuse is even playing less music videos than they used to :( and especially no more SURS which I used to watch all the time.

I enjoyed watching this interview though, it was entertaining...even though it took almost an hour and a half before they showed them. And it does come back on tomorrow at 8:00 and I think it's at 9:00 on Tuesday, but I could have that mixed up also. Even if it does come on at 8:00 on Tuesday, if you didn't see it today and tune in at 9:00 you won't miss anything.

fuck i missed it :(

will it be on again ?

Sunday at 8AM, and Tuesday at 9 AM, I believe.

It was on today at 9, and Green Day didn't have their interview until about 10:15, so, if you were to watch it tomorrow, that gives you an idea of what time they'll come on. =]

It airs 9 AM on Saturday, 8 AM on Sunday, and 8 AM on Tuesday.

It might be 9 AM on Tuesday, I'm not sure, but it does re-air on Tuesday and Sunday mornings.

Well shit all early in the morning when i will either be sleeping or heading to work, hope its on youtube

sweet! I can't watch tonight but if its posted I'll be excited to watch.

hilariuos thing... i woke up 2 min before the interview, was still all groggy so i don't rmember it very well, and then went back to sleep and slept till 1:35 pm! :lol: , so didn't ANYONE record it? though i do remeber when the guy was in front of the massage room, there was a note that said "Carey out for 15 min. break" and he said he would have to take Tre up on his offer... OH, and he was the one who requested J.A.R. for that night.

Archived