21 Guns July 14 CD Single

Beauboy93

So I went and checked out the Wikipedia page for 21 Guns and found something kind of interesting. It says a 21 Guns physical Cd will be coming out on July 14, with 2 other songs, Favorite Son and She (Live from Tokyo). My question is, is favorite son a brand new song or a cover of the old one?

Heres the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_Guns_(song)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not complaining or anything, but I wonder why they chose Favorite Son out of all songs. :/

I'm not complaining or anything, but I wonder why they chose Favorite Son out of all songs. :/

Probably because "Rock Against Bush" is out of print and the band wanted to make the song readily available again. That's my guess.

Cool cool.

I like favourite son, it was one of my favourite songs, for some reason.

Favorite Son isn't an AI B-side, lol.

But, I don't get it. Why in earth would they choose Favorite son? :unsure:

Like the song though! :D

Favorite Son isn't an AI B-side, lol.

But, I don't get it. Why in earth would they choose Favorite son? :unsure:

Like the song though! :D

EDIT: ah hell no, of course it isn't a b-side, where's my brain at this morning?

nice to see someone who is actually still doing cd-singles.

I like Favourite Son, but it's kind of irritating that we can't have Drama Queen or the other one that Butch Vig mentioned.

I hope I can find this single here, cause I couldn't find KYE anywhere.

hot topic has it

I like Favourite Son, but it's kind of irritating that we can't have Drama Queen or the other one that Butch Vig mentioned.

Drama Queen = Murder City

March Of The Dogs = East Jesus Nowhere

hot topic has it

Drama Queen = Murder City

March Of The Dogs = East Jesus Nowhere

naah, murder city used to be called desparate.

drama queen is a completely different song.

I can't wait, I bought the KYE cd single (the day it came out) and this one I have to get :cool:

Why do they have to put Favorite Son on it?!? :blink: I want a new song!!! It's so unfair! :cry:

meh, i personally think putting old tracks on a new single was a mistake on Warner's part. they're always so concerned about making money, losing money, but then do they really think that as many people would run out to buy a single with old tracks on it as people would if there were new songs?

i swear, their logic is constantly diminishing.

Ga. Why put Favourite Son on there?

I mean, it's a good song, but I thought they would've recorded a new set of songs to use as B-Sides for singles released off of this record.

I don't think putting FS on the 21Guns single is a great idea. Favorite Son is a Bush song, and 21guns has nothing to do with it. It's not even written in the same atmosphere.

Not a good decision, Warner. I'm still looking for the single, nonetheless.

i wanted a new song :[

meh, i personally think putting old tracks on a new single was a mistake on Warner's part. they're always so concerned about making money, losing money, but then do they really think that as many people would run out to buy a single with old tracks on it as people would if there were new songs?

i swear, their logic is constantly diminishing.

True. Just like how the Know Your Enemy single had NO b-sides on the UK release :dry:. No wonder it didn't do very well in the charts.

Although, not everyone has access to the internet to get hold of rarer songs like Favourite Son so I'm sure there will be fans who will appreciate it. I know I would have a few years ago! But still that won't be many people.

Archived