Christian's Inferno

Dai.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, actually, I lied. In KYE I said that was easily the worst song on the album, but I think Christian's Inferno is, although KYE is a close second. At least KYE has some lyrics I like. Christian's Inferno is too short, too repetitive, and overall, it makes very little coherent sense to me. I have no emotional connection to it.

I also think it sounds very like The Network!

I like how BJ seems in anger.

And me too, I like singing "woaaaaah, Christian's infernoooo!"

I am the atom bomb

I am the chose one

my favorite lyrics of the song

Yeah, those are great lyrics.

I'm torn on this song. I like the vocals to the verses, but the chorus sounds so different that it doesn't really belong. I think there's a lack of cohesion that brings it down.

That being said, Billie Joe does a really good job at a creepy evil laugh

I LOVE this song! It's one of the best songs on the album, and I can totally relate to it.

"There's a fire in my veins and it's pouring out like a flood"

"I got the rejection letter in the mail and it was already ripped to shreads"

... i could write all the lyrics down because I love them all SO much. It's fuckin awesome.

And the laugh... *sighs happily*

WOOOOOOOOAAAAHHHHHH

CHRISTIAN'S INFERNOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOAAAAHHHHHH

CHRISTIAN'S INFERNOOOOOOO

8D

The rest was just. Eh. I still like it though.

The Network invaded Christian's Inferno :D

lol this

Yeah, Christian's Inferno doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the album sound-wise, for me. It's NETWORK!

I agree, very Network-ish. All the more reason to love it.

It reminds me a bit of St Jimmy, in that it's the introduction to a different, more angry side of Christian, much like St Jimmy was an introduction to a different side of JOS.

This song never really grew on me... It just sounds a little well weak. You know after the high from getting the album and then being able to listen to it in it's entirety there are going to be a few songs that aren't as great as the others :(

"Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!" - the devilish laugh is fantastic :banana:

Love everything about this song. I love that they have the audacity to have verses and choruses that are 100% completely different to each other, that puts a big grin on my face every time. The lyrics are brilliantly dark too, diabolic is the right word. "There's fire in my veins and it's pouring out like a flood" - what vivid imagery.

Definitely one of my favourites. Fink lives!

I really do like this song and enjoy listening to it, but I wish the vocals in it weren't so distorted...I think I would really enjoy it live more than the album version.

i love the verses. very demonic :P. but unlike everybody else, the chorus ruins it for me :/

but i still think it's a good song and it adds variety to the album.

I like this song, but I can understand why so many people dislike it.

His laugh = :thumbsup:

It's really smart how it works. Christian is this guy who doesn't know what to do with the world, so he spews out this giant monologue of his emotions and tells everybody what he thinks. Then when no one listens who can't find the words anymore to express his anger so he just cries out a monotonous Inferno of rage and hate.

i love this song. its my 2nd or 3rd favorite on the album. and the begining reminds me of a song i would wright. definitly going to be great to listen to on tour

I like this song but I think its the worst one on the album. I love the "I am the atom bomb, I am your chosen one" bit. The way Billie sings it is great.

Guest Billy

This song is my favorite Green Day song, till the chorus. The chorus portion of this song ruins it for me.

His laugh = :thumbsup:

Ohhh yes, his laugh :eyebrows:

I love the anger in this song! Christian's one angsty motherfucker.

love it, I've always loved contrasting songs in an album or moments in a track.

lyrics are subtle, yet really powerful.

great one, and interested in seeing how it's performed live

I like the dark feel about this one, the electric drumms and the bass sound too, sounds a lot like DEVO in the 80´, but with a punk rock feeling on it.

GOOD!

Archived