Green Day vs. Foxboro Hot Tubs

otherplans

Live Green Day vs. Live Foxboro Hot Tubs?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 15 vs 10 in favour of Green Day!

Wouldn't it be funny if it was 50/50?

I've seen neither of them but I'd vote for Foxies. I'm going to see GD but honestly if I had a chance, I'd exchange the ticket for Foxies show without the slightest hesitation.

For those reasons:

Green Day shows are amazing, but they lack the same vibe that made FHT such a fun endeavor for those who got the chance to experience them. The way I chose, i decided that if Green Day said "hey, we're gonna play a show tonight. It's up to you, would you rather Green Day go on, or Foxboro Hot Tubs?", I'd vote FHT. Foxboro played a couple Green Day songs so thats a win/win, but the shows are completely more interactive with the audience. You go from the occasional "Heyyy ohhhh" with Green day to the band jumping all over the audience and encouraging the audience to rush the stage with Foxboro.

I have to admit, I was expecting it to be a huge win for the Foxtubs! I'm rather surprised to see the outcome so far (though not a lot of people have voted yet - it could easily turn around). If I HAD to vote, I would probably vote for ... I just don't know! I've had such amazing experiences with both. I just really don't know.

Woah, what a question :blink:

Can I say both?

I love Green Day live

I love the Tubs live

Green Day seems serious and The Tubs seem not serious at all :lol:

But.. The Tubs are more looser more interacting with the audience. I'd like to have Billie on top of my hands in the air :eyebrows:

in my opinion both green day and foxboro hot tubs are awesome!!!foxboro hot tubs in an other ''face'' of green day!!!both are so fucking perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have not seen either live ...

but i will be seeing GD live soon :P

but to me , FBHT = more crazy fun

Green day = more intense passion

both are great in their own way !

I think Green Day is better in bigger venues, or larger clubs.

Foxboro is definitely my ideal small club band.

I'd have to say Foxtubs. I might be pretty biased as I caught 'em live first before Green Day.

yup basically like Andres said:

That said, I voted for FHT. Green Day shows are amazing, but they lack the same vibe that made FHT such a fun endeavor for those who got the chance to experience them. The way I chose, i decided that if Green Day said "hey, we're gonna play a show tonight. It's up to you, would you rather Green Day go on, or Foxboro Hot Tubs?", I'd vote FHT. Foxboro played a couple Green Day songs so thats a win/win, but the shows are completely more interactive with the audience. You go from the occasional "Heyyy ohhhh" with Green day to the band jumping all over the audience and encouraging the audience to rush the stage with Foxboro.

to witness Foxtubs is basically like attending a party.

Billie is also surprisingly not a bad frontman and when I say "frontman" I mean in the sense of the ones that don't really play an instrument on stage.. like y'know Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Iggy Pop etc.

I'll go on to say that the show I attended is still one of the best shows I've ever seen.

now if we we're simply goin' on music alone.. Green Day definitely has 'em beat by a lonnng shot.

I disagree. Green Day are the Foxboro Hot Tubs, but not the other way around. FHT is fun and care-less, but if I thought about them as different bands, I don't think FHT could write what Green Day can.

That said, I voted for FHT. Green Day shows are amazing, but they lack the same vibe that made FHT such a fun endeavor for those who got the chance to experience them. The way I chose, i decided that if Green Day said "hey, we're gonna play a show tonight. It's up to you, would you rather Green Day go on, or Foxboro Hot Tubs?", I'd vote FHT. Foxboro played a couple Green Day songs so thats a win/win, but the shows are completely more interactive with the audience. You go from the occasional "Heyyy ohhhh" with Green day to the band jumping all over the audience and encouraging the audience to rush the stage with Foxboro.

This.

I voted FBHT for the same reason - given the choice between seeing either the Tubbies or GD one evening, I would choose FBHT also. I should note, however, that I think seeing the FBHT in an arena-type venue would be disappointing. One of the best things about these gigs is their intimacy with the crowd. I would choose seeing GD in an arena any day.

logically, it should be, shouldn't it!? :lol:

This.

I voted FBHT for the same reason - given the choice between seeing either the Tubbies or GD one evening, I would choose FBHT also. I should note, however, that I think seeing the FBHT in an arena-type venue would be disappointing. One of the best things about these gigs is their intimacy with the crowd. I would choose seeing GD in an arena any day.

It took me a minute, but I think you're saying if the show was going to be in an arena, you would choose Green Day rather than the Foxtubs, is that right? At first I thought you meant if you were going to see Green Day, you would prefer to see them in an arena instead of a small venue :lol:.

Anyway, this got me thinking, and despite the fact that I agree with everything Andres said about the difference between FBHT and Green Day, I'm beginning to think I'd choose Green Day - given equal venues. So, if I could see Green Day in a venue like the Bowery or even Webster Hall (or better yet, the Brickhouse or Juanita's), I think I would choose that over seeing Foxboro in the same venue. I've surprised myself with this choice, but I think it's because Green Day has such a history and connection with their fans. Sure FBHT gets up close and personal, but in the right venue so does Green Day. And Green Day to me seems to be full of love for their fans. I'll never forget the moment at Webster Hall at the (almost) end of Minority when Billie Joe looked out at the crowd and said "That was badass!" His voice was so full of emotion - I don't think that would fit with the Foxtubs personality, and I loved it - it was one of the best moments ever for me.

I ADORE FBHT, and I loved the shows I saw. I would hate to have to choose between them, but if I had to, I think I'd choose Green Day.

Hmm well I haven't seen either, but there's no denying if I was given the choice between a Green Day gig and Foxboro gig I'd choose the Foxies in a heartbeat :wub:

Not that I wouldn't LOVE a Green Day gig, I mean I even love just watching them by the bucketload on youtube and I'm looking forward to seeing them this year more than anything. But to me Foxboro are Green Day, their album stands up alongside Green Day's best for me. And their live show seems like a concentration of many of GD's best live qualities. I couldn't miss experiencing it!

It took me a minute, but I think you're saying if the show was going to be in an arena, you would choose Green Day rather than the Foxtubs, is that right? At first I thought you meant if you were going to see Green Day, you would prefer to see them in an arena instead of a small venue :lol:.

Anyway, this got me thinking, and despite the fact that I agree with everything Andres said about the difference between FBHT and Green Day, I'm beginning to think I'd choose Green Day - given equal venues. So, if I could see Green Day in a venue like the Bowery or even Webster Hall (or better yet, the Brickhouse or Juanita's), I think I would choose that over seeing Foxboro in the same venue. I've surprised myself with this choice, but I think it's because Green Day has such a history and connection with their fans. Sure FBHT gets up close and personal, but in the right venue so does Green Day. And Green Day to me seems to be full of love for their fans. I'll never forget the moment at Webster Hall at the (almost) end of Minority when Billie Joe looked out at the crowd and said "That was badass!" His voice was so full of emotion - I don't think that would fit with the Foxtubs personality, and I loved it - it was one of the best moments ever for me.

I ADORE FBHT, and I loved the shows I saw. I would hate to have to choose between them, but if I had to, I think I'd choose Green Day.

^Spot on for me, I would love to see FBHT up close and personal just to savour the atmosphere but if I could see GD in a small venue one more time that would make me happy forever. Green Day are the band I love the most and the reason I know who the Foxies, Pinhead, The Network are so my love and loyalty is for GD.

:)

x

it depends on the size of the place the bands are playing......

I think the "free-will, do-whatever-we-want" thing that FHBT has is mostly to do with the smaller venues they play at...

if they were playing at a really large venue, they wouldn't have as much of a chance to interact with the crowd...

and Green Day mostly plays large venues (and still is able to keep the crowd going), so it's really not comparable.

Ehh, idkk.

--------------

Wait, crap...I think J'net said almost exactly the same thing. I wuzzz TOO LATE. :(

Guest Hayley

I have never seen either GD or FHT live but judging from the videos that I have watched I prefer GD.

Theyre amazing as Green day live but i think as Foxboro iits just funner to watch although id rather see Green day in person.

Thats a great way to sum it up J'net, and i would have to say i agree.

But, why choose? Lets have them both in the same night, please!

In a funny way, it actually works that Green Day can open for Foxboro Hot Tubs. You can't beat a bit of tubbies action for an encore!

It's hard, isn't it? :lol: Given a smaller show, I would be really torn. Just because of the wealth of song possibilities at a Green Day show. But Billie Joe's glee and the amount of fun he has as the Reverend tops it for me. Just barely.

Well, FHT. They all (mostly BJ) look so damn sexy as FHT. Of course, as Green Day too. And Billie throwing the beer everywhere on the Carson Daily show, epic. :lol: *teenie moment through*

But FHT is more crazy active when they perform. And that's awesome. Especially when there's some crowd surfing. lol.

Archived