Green Day vs. Foxboro Hot Tubs

otherplans

Live Green Day vs. Live Foxboro Hot Tubs?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just watching the videos of the Foxboro Hot Tubs on Carson Daily, and comparatively, I feel like they're a much better live band. They've got all of the energy and spontaneity of some of those great early to mid 60's rock groups that Green Day has kind of lost in having to focus on performing increasingly complex songs. What do you guys think?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly wouldn't be able to choose between them. They are both amazing live, and Green Day has an incredible amount of energy and spontaneity. The bands have different personalities, but I love them both. So since you didn't put a "can't decide" option, I won't be able to vote in your poll :). I'll be interested to see the results, though.

This is an interesting topic. Well, I honestly can't choose between FHT and Green Day. I mean, I've never seen FHT live and in person, but the overall feel of those shows look awesome. There's a ton of crowd interaction, which is great. However, I will be seeing GD soon, and I'm sure that it will be an amazing experience to me. I'm sure once I see GD's show, I'll become a little biased and say that their show is the best. But that's because I will have been there live and in person, not just in front of a TV or computer screen.

And in case you don't feel like reading all of that, I'll just simplifly it: I can't choose.

I am going to have to vote Green Day as I have yet to see the Foxboro Hot Tubs live in the flesh. *prays*

:D

I can't decide.

They're both awesome, but they're different and perform differently and I love it both. (That's only from what I've seen on films on the computer though, never been to a concert of GD nor FHT)

Edit: Oh and btw, I don't think it's a question of who's better, more of who you enjoy more. :happy: But that could be just me

green day. although it really is too close to call.

I said Foxboro. But only from experience :D

I haven't had a full on, up close and personal show with Green Day..... yet

Um, you should have a "can't choose" option there. The FBHT stuff sounds cool, even though I've only seen pictures of it. And I've seen some of the shows from Bullet in a Bible. so that sounds cool.

I put Green Day...I'm not really sure though because I was totally blown away by FBHTs performance last night. For me, it's kinda like Green Day's shows maybe have more depth.....if you understand what I'm saying....

Good topic... funny tho, cos they are the same band!

I'm actually tempted to say Foxboro Hot Tubs. I would want to go see Green Day first, but Foxboro Hot Tubs is just mind boggling to me. Even though i experienced it, it is like a rock n roll dream. It's just how close they get to the fans, and by close i mean completely involved!

Yeah were is the both are equal option because I cant chose from watching Green Day in person and the FBHT performance last night on TV I dont think I would be able to choose which one would be better so its a tie to me

I think they'd both be good. Foxboro looks fun and green day looks fun, I have to go to both concerts to compare

This is a hard question. THere both amazing live. But i would have to say Green Day

I have more fun watching Foxboro Hot Tubs because they remind me of how Green Day used to preform. Not to say that Billie Joe isn't a great showman, I just feel like they're enjoying performing under that name than they are performing a huge stage show as Green Day. There's nothing flashy about FHT.

After watching the foxies on last call the first thing I thought was " omg, they're a better life band than green day!"

the foxboro hot tubs ARE green day

Yeah, they are. When I was trying to decide how to vote (which I was never able to do), I suddenly thought - I'll never have to choose between them, because they couldn't possibly both be performing at the same time :). Whew, what a relief!

I disagree. Green Day are the Foxboro Hot Tubs, but not the other way around. FHT is fun and care-less, but if I thought about them as different bands, I don't think FHT could write what Green Day can.

That said, I voted for FHT. Green Day shows are amazing, but they lack the same vibe that made FHT such a fun endeavor for those who got the chance to experience them. The way I chose, i decided that if Green Day said "hey, we're gonna play a show tonight. It's up to you, would you rather Green Day go on, or Foxboro Hot Tubs?", I'd vote FHT. Foxboro played a couple Green Day songs so thats a win/win, but the shows are completely more interactive with the audience. You go from the occasional "Heyyy ohhhh" with Green day to the band jumping all over the audience and encouraging the audience to rush the stage with Foxboro.

I disagree. Green Day are the Foxboro Hot Tubs, but not the other way around. FHT is fun and care-less, but if I thought about them as different bands, I don't think FHT could write what Green Day can.

That said, I voted for FHT. Green Day shows are amazing, but they lack the same vibe that made FHT such a fun endeavor for those who got the chance to experience them. The way I chose, i decided that if Green Day said "hey, we're gonna play a show tonight. It's up to you, would you rather Green Day go on, or Foxboro Hot Tubs?", I'd vote FHT. Foxboro played a couple Green Day songs so thats a win/win, but the shows are completely more interactive with the audience. You go from the occasional "Heyyy ohhhh" with Green day to the band jumping all over the audience and encouraging the audience to rush the stage with Foxboro.

I completely agree on everything you just said. Foxboro was just so much fun live and I consider it to be one of the best times of my life. Thats why I voted Foxboro.

Foxboro for sure.

Cause that was my first show ever....and I don't think I'll ever seem them that close up again

Archived