21 Guns Falsetto

AndrewSon

Not East Jesus Nowhere though? You sir are mad :P

i hate that song...probably cause im too smart for it...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hate that song...probably cause im too smart for it...

Hm...really? O_o

Hm...really? O_o

SIIII...estoy drogadooooo

It's not too bad for my ears actually :P See Billie, you can do it! :D

Falsetto :)

It was for mine, but that's because of the sound quality of the video :lol:

But yeah he can.

I never knew Billie could do a good falsetto until I heard this track.............really gave me goosebumps.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but Billie's voice became a bit more... "melodic" in this record.

^ certainly

and he use falsetto in before the labotomy too numerous times

I think Billie's voice got better and better with each record. ^_^

I hope he does it live cuz its awesome.. but i guess he won't do it if he aint sure that he can hit the note as all of you guys are saying :)

billie joe CAN sing the falsetto live.

he almost always does it on the very last "guns" on the song.

in other words, the very last time he says "21 guns" on the song live on alot of performances (the SNL performance for example) he sings in falsetto. so yeah he can do it.

I like the way he does it live and saves the falsetto for the last guns. I do think it strains his voice a bit, and that's why he doesn't hit every falsetto. I'd really rather have him preserve his voice than fuck it up by doing it every time though.

Billie without a voice? Sad world right there.

He's capable of doing it (With some strain), but I don't think he wants to risk fucking his voice up anymore than any of his fans want him to.

Billie without a voice? Sad world right there.

I know!! So, in that case, it is seriously ok for him not to try it. :lol:

I'm thinking that the emotion of this song maybe has a part in this - Billie Joe doesn't just sing it, he goes there, and it can't be the easiest thing to push for vocal heights from a place like that.

^ certainly

and he use falsetto in before the labotomy too numerous times

I don't understand why he highers the vocal register in that song, because the note really isn't that high. I've heard him sing higher than that in other songs, whilst using only his normal vocal range without the falsetto.

Also, in Before The Lobotomy, he sings the same notes during the chorus without using falsetto, so he's just raising his voice at the beginning.

I'm thinking that the emotion of this song maybe has a part in this - Billie Joe doesn't just sing it, he goes there, and it can't be the easiest thing to push for vocal heights from a place like that.

I think that's a great point. There are some songs I love to sing along with, and when I get too emotional, I have to just stop singing. My voice can't go there - I don't mean I'm crying - it's that feeling of a lump in the throat. Try singing when that happens!

Now that I hear Before the Lobotomy's falsettos being done live, it really pisses me off he doesn't do it in 21 guns. He sounds great!

Yeah the falsetto is pretty awesome, but I kinda like the lower tone as well though

The only live recording of 21 Guns I've seen so far is the Abbey Road one. The non-falsetto 'guns' adds power to the chorus but it sounds nowhere near as striking and I don't like it as much. When he did the falsetto on the final 'guns' it sounded very weak though so if he can't always hit the notes that's alright I guess. It's strange though, I'm not a particularly great singer but I find 21 Guns to be a really easy song to sing, falsettos and all!

The only live recording of 21 Guns I've seen so far is the Abbey Road one. The non-falsetto 'guns' adds power to the chorus but it sounds nowhere near as striking and I don't like it as much. When he did the falsetto on the final 'guns' it sounded very weak though so if he can't always hit the notes that's alright I guess. It's strange though, I'm not a particularly great singer but I find 21 Guns to be a really easy song to sing, falsettos and all!

I keep wondering if I had never heard the falsetto how I'd feel about the non-falsetto in this song. I think I might find it okay. It's just shocking when I'm used to that beautiful, soft falsetto to hear that loud - almost shouted "Guns!" But I'm sure Billie Joe has his good reasons for doing it that way live. He knows better than we do what's going to work and what's not.

I think some of you are mistaken. I have to agree with Leigh on this one.

he doesn't do falsetto live because the music is overpowering. in the studio they can turn up the falsetto. - FACT

as for the rest of the vocals, there is no way they're fake.

he double tracks (records the vocals twice over) his lead vocal parts most of the time so they sound more powerful.

and a lot of stuff just sounds better for recordings like effects on the vocals. And then live they do it whichever way sounds best.

i know a lot about recording vocals, i've been in shit loads of different recording studios and i've recorded a million songs in studios. i kinda know how its all done :)

Archived