21 Guns Falsetto

AndrewSon

I love the falsetto sound on the album. Do you think he doesn't do it live because you can't hear it over the instruments ( which i would think you COULD hear it though) or do you think he is self conscious about hitting the note... there has to be a reason, what do you guys think? I wish he did the falsetto live.. its not a huge deal but its nice in the song.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he did it at the show at Fox Theater (if i remember correctly). I think it's just a matter of him not being 100% sure he can hit it spot on. Being able to practice and record it in the studio is a much different settings. though i really wish he would.

he did it at the show at Fox Theater (if i remember correctly). I think it's just a matter of him not being 100% sure he can hit it spot on. Being able to practice and record it in the studio is a much different settings. though i really wish he would.

oh interesting, i heard on the studio the falsetto note is a separate track?

It's probably a matter of him worrying about not being able to hit the note. It makes sense, as it is difficult to sing.

I love the falsetto, but I'd understand if he didnt do it live. If he doesnt think he can hit it, then it'd be best not to, right?

I love it as well. Depends how he's feeling, if he feels he could pull it off then he'll do it.

It's a bit weird to watch a live video and dont hear the falsetto...

yeah I love the falsetto too.. I hope he does it at the concert I'm going to.

Yeah, I hated how he did it on Saturday Night Live. It sounded like crap. Sure, he hit the right note. But it sounded like crap. I'd much rather have him risk singing the wrong falsetto note.

Yeah, I hated how he did it on Saturday Night Live. It sounded like crap. Sure, he hit the right note. But it sounded like crap. I'd much rather have him risk singing the wrong falsetto note.

I liked it on SNL. I thought it sounded cool. :/

I think it does have a lot to do with making it sound powerful live though. Falsetto singing can never be as loud or powerful sounding compared to normal singing.

21 Guns might be a slower song, but it's a loud and powerful slow song rather than a delicate slow song. So if he did it falsetto live it might make the chorus kind of anti-climatic because it wouldn't pack so much of a punch sound-wise. I'd be all for it on any song :wub:, but I can see why he might decide not to with this one.

Yeah, when "guns" is shouted instead of sung in falsetto, the power is *that much* more. It makes the song bigger, and it suits it.

And is it really that much harder to hit a note using falsetto than it is with regular singing? I find hitting a difficult high note is MUCH easier using falsetto.

But I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to these technical things so I'm proabaly talking rubbish haha.

He won't be able to manage it live. I'm sorry, but no. If he can't manage it live on the shows that they've done... i doubt he can do it on the tour.

He won't be able to manage it live. I'm sorry, but no. If he can't manage it live on the shows that they've done... i doubt he can do it on the tour.

I'm not sure he managed it in the studio either :lol:. A lot of studio magic has been done to that note on the song I'm sure, the first time I heard it it sounded like a robot or something because it's SO polished, but I'm used to it now.

Not that I'm complaining, I think it sounds great. He's a really good singer but I think they just wanted to make the choruses sound more uniform.

well. we need to take posters saying "Billie, do the damn falsetto already!" to concerts.

that would be funny.

well. we need to take posters saying "Billie, do the damn falsetto already!" to concerts.

that would be funny.

it'd be pretty great if everyone around the world did that. Then he'd catch on. Harness the power of the internet guys!

And is it really that much harder to hit a note using falsetto than it is with regular singing? I find hitting a difficult high note is MUCH easier using falsetto.

But I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to these technical things so I'm proabaly talking rubbish haha.

Depends. If you've got a good falsetto that you're comfortable using, it's probably easier. If you don't have much in the way of falsetto (and lots of people don't, particularly ones who have never had any vocal training), you'll struggle. Also, the smaller the interval between the normal voice and falsetto, the easier it is - I can do 21 Guns easily, but I should never, ever be allowed to sing Unchained Melody in the company of other people.

I don't care. I still like it falsetto. I don't care if it's "strong". It sounds like crap and he has to move away from the mic and I hate it.

I really liked the falsetto as well. However, I do like how he does it live too. Both are incredible. I'm hoping for a little bit of both when I see them in July.

No!! It's not incredible!! It sounds like crap when he doesn't sing it falsetto!

I bet he just doesn't have the balls to do it.

it cud be very hard if the falsetto note is RIGHT where the chest voice (normal voice) ends. for example when i sing this, the falsetto note "guns" is right where my normal voice turns into the falsetto one, therefore making it hard to hit that one pitch. if i say moved to a higher key than the original, the "guns" wud be clearly in the falsetto voice and wud be much easier to hit.

No... I could sing in falsetto for every note I can sing in a normal voice, including the highest notes in my normal voice range.

Archived