21 Guns Falsetto

AndrewSon

No... I could sing in falsetto for every note I can sing in a normal voice, including the highest notes in my normal voice range.

its different for guys somenotes are just in a spot where the voice naturally will break/crack between chest and head, sure i or u or whoever we can hit the notes, its a matter of being consistent, and knowing it will work 100% of the time. notes inbetween the two registers are never certain..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I think it's harder to be consistent jumping up in a normal voice (like in Dearly Beloved... the note isn't hard to hit by itself, but when you jump from a lower note it is) but it's easy to jump up in falsetto. Your voice shouldn't be cracking if you're purposely trying to sing falsetto. I would understand if it cracked at the highest notes in your range in a normal singing voice, though.

I'm going to epic fail and ask in where in the song is the falsetto? I really don't know all this musical technical stuff.

I'm going to epic fail and ask in where in the song is the falsetto? I really don't know all this musical technical stuff.

The "guns" part. How he sings it in a softer voice. People use falsetto 'cause it's easier to hit high notes that are hard or they can't normally reach in their normal singing voice.

It's in the chorus when he sings "guns". Falsetto is just a way for a man to sing high, changing the way he sings slightly to hit high notes.

Edit: Haha yeah what she said.

To be honest I think it's harder to be consistent jumping up in a normal voice (like in Dearly Beloved... the note isn't hard to hit by itself, but when you jump from a lower note it is) but it's easy to jump up in falsetto. Your voice shouldn't be cracking if you're purposely trying to sing falsetto. I would understand if it cracked at the highest notes in your range in a normal singing voice, though.

nooo ur so wrong, the only part where a males voice typically would crack is at the END of the chest voice, and the BEGINNIG of the falsetto voice. that space in the middle there is where the voice cracks becasue if you sing in falsetto and keep trying to see how low u can go in falsetto, eventually you will get to a point where the falsetto ends..

especially not just single notes, if a guy gooes "oooo" and keeps going lower and lower in falsettoo, eventually you will crack or hit a spot where the notes won't come out.

Yeah I too noticed during all of the live performances Billie was just doing his normal voice during the guns part of the chorus. People have been saying it sounds like absolute shit when he does that but I really don't think it's that bad. I mean it definitely takes away from the power and intensity of the chorus, but it's not negative or terrible necessarily. It just sounds like Billie (which is amazing). Out of the 4 or 5 21 Guns live performances I've seen around the internet he does his normal voice until the very last "guns" where he every time tries out the falsetto. I mean I don't blame him for not doing the falsetto as much, that's a damn tough note to it.

Going by how he sounded on SNL I'm not sure its the best idea... but he sounds amazing on the album :wub:

I like the falsetto idea beacuase it sounds great with a piece of don't-know-what- special.

I like that he uses the falsetto for the last "guns" in 21 Guns. It's much harder for guys to sing high than it is for girls. I think his performance of "Last Night on Earth" at the Fox Theater was perfect, I just watched it on Comcast. Tre looked seriously moved at the end. Hand on heart and everything!

I think Billie will get better and better...I'm also an optimist and believe Billie will always be able to do what he does on the album. It's not like GD to be phony about their abilities.

Falsetto is just a way for a man to sing high, changing the way he sings slightly to hit high notes.

A lot of people don't know what a falsetto is.

I adore it when Billie does it. Can you say SEX-TO-THE-EEEE

can someone be kind enough to define whats a falsetto is ..

damn .. am i up for a SAT test or what ..

can someone be kind enough to define whats a falsetto is ..

damn .. am i up for a SAT test or what ..

The "guns" part. How he sings it in a softer voice. People use falsetto 'cause it's easier to hit high notes that are hard or they can't normally reach in their normal singing voice.

That was so kind lauren thanks

and yes im reading your uploaded magazine .. thanks for that as well ..

God, i guess i'm the only one who really doesn't like the falsetto... i mean, i personally HATE it.

i thought the SNL version kicked a lot more ass

I don't think Billie is the kind of person to be self conscious of hitting a certain note, live.

21 Guns is a really nice song, but unfortunately, I can't sing it because I can't do falsettos...and I'm generally bad at singing.

It's pretty hard to hit the falsetto,try singing the line "One,21 Guns" in the same manner as studio version.I bet you won't be able to do it perfectly.It's hard you know

I'm sure he'd mess it up with falsetto. It's simply more convenient for him to skip it. It gives the song slightly different expression which I'm not sure if I like as much as the recorded version.

As most people have already said, I think so too that he's not sure of himself that he'd mess it up or wouldnt find the right tone when singing live and it's hard. I wish he was able to sing it without a need of a falsetto though\\

But I like the thing he does, when singing "guns" he pulls away the microphone to give a lil' effect :happy: (I saw it in the Abbey Road vid)

I'm with everyone else; I reckon he's just nervous about not doing it right.

I'm not sure I like the live version more than the album version with Falsetto, but it's still damn good.

God, i guess i'm the only one who really doesn't like the falsetto... i mean, i personally HATE it.

i thought the SNL version kicked a lot more ass

No, you're not the only one. It's not that I hate it, but I sure am not especially fond of it either.

I do think that Billie could pull off the falsetto live; I think if he doesn't use it, it's because his normal voice makes the chorus more powerful. Hermione pointed that out already, and I totally agree with her.

Anyways, imo people are making too much of a deal out of this. Could someone explain what makes the falsetto part so special to you? I really don't get it; on the contrary, I wish Billie's voice were not so high, I mean generally on the whole album.

Oh well, I guess that's just a matter of taste...

I don't think it's that big a deal that he doesn't hit the falsettos live.It's not a very big part of the song.I mean,it's just one word of the chorus,and a small 4 letter word at that.What difference does it make?In fact,I don't mind the live versions at all. :lol:

I don't think it's that big a deal that he doesn't hit the falsettos live.It's not a very big part of the song.I mean,it's just one word of the chorus,and a small 4 letter word at that.What difference does it make?In fact,I don't mind the live versions at all. :lol:

It is a big deal :P You're right, it's just one word but how it changes the song! (well, at least for me). Plus the falsetto is beautiful :happy:

Im going for hes self conious about not being able to do it it must be really hard to do!

Archived