would you go to a green day concert with your MOTHER?

petrina_678

What should i do?  

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a dilemma here. Im visiting New york city in July , SUPER excited since i've never been (im from Singapore)

well I've never seen green day perform , and it looks like they may never come to Singapore ...

But the deal is It will be likely that i can extend my visit till Green day's concerts in NYC, but I WILL have to go with my mum. SHe's the one bringing me there anyway. I dont know if i want to attend the biggest concert of my life with my MUM! -_- i mean she's cool and everything , she went with me to good charlotte and MCR when i was younger. But i just wont have as much fun i guess.

What would you do? this may be the only chance i get to see them on THIS tour , but yeah I dont have many friend who would go with me either if it were in Singapore ( :( why dont i have more friends who are into music?? LOL)

But i dont doubt that i will eventually see Green day ( i travel ALOT) so yeah, what SHOULD i do?

EDIT!:

I CANT GO

OK well i think my decision has been made up for me, we will be leaving NYC a few days before any of the concerts, its because we need to go to london for something. Anyways feel free to discuss if you would go with your own mother...

But thanks everyone. I think i would have gone if i were there :(

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go with your mum! Why would you have less fun if she was there?

My mum came to see the Sex Pistols with me, she said seeing me jump around was one of her very favourite things :D

Why do you think you won't have as much fun? If you're afraid to act too fangirlish and crazy at your mom's presence, maybe you could dive into the pit while she remains a bit on the side. (I doubt your mom would want to be in a pit anyways :P) I went to various gigs with my dad and it always was superfun! I think I can sort of understand what you mean though because those concerts were still different from gigs I go to with friends. But I wouldn't say that's reason enough to completely skip Green Day.

You said yourself it would be the biggest concert of your life, so you're practically guaranteed to have fun no matter what!

Why do you think you won't have as much fun? If you're afraid to act too fangirlish and crazy at your mom's presence, maybe you could dive into the pit while she remains a bit on the side. (I doubt your mom would want to be in a pit anyways :P) I went to various gigs with my dad and it always was superfun! I think I can sort of understand what you mean though because those concerts were still different from gigs I go to with friends. But I wouldn't say that's reason enough to completely skip Green Day.

You said yourself it would be the biggest concert of your life, so you're practically guaranteed to have fun no matter what!

YEah i guess i wont go as crazy ... i want to go CRAZY lol .

i dont know, it just like i will be just me and my mum . It isnt as fun as a bunch of friends going together, i wish i had more friends LOL (is a loner :( )

Mmm i'll think about it, but if im there while the concert is on and if i were not to go, i'll kick myself in the head...

I would NEVER go with my mom. I'd rather miss the concert than take her with me... -.-

But if you think it'd be okay, then go to the concert. I'm sure it'll be amazing... (I'm gonna see GD with my dad but that's not the same thing. He likes GD a lot and I like him a lot more than my mom ^____^)

I'd go, if I were you. It doesn't have to mean you won't have as much fun. :)

If I eventually buy the tickets, I'm going to have to go with my mother. And it's also seating ones. But it's Green Day so whatever. :)

i guess im just worried , that it would make me... more depressed?

Like i'll feel like a loser with my mum while everyone is having fun with their friends... you know what i mean

I'd go, if I were you. It doesn't have to mean you won't have as much fun. :)

If I eventually buy the tickets, I'm going to have to go with my mother. And it's also seating ones. But it's Green Day so whatever. :)

i'll definitely get standing though

If you have the opportunity to see Green Day go! I'm sure going with your mum won't detract from the experience.

You can always go crazy in the pit while your mum watches from the side/back or whatever.

point is - if you have the chance just GO! You don't want to regret it later.

Like i'll feel like a loser with my mum while everyone is having fun with their friends... you know what i mean

I doubt you'd be the only one over there with your mother haha.

And I don't even think anyone is going to judge you because of it anyway.

YEah i guess i wont go as crazy ... i want to go CRAZY lol .

i dont know, it just like i will be just me and my mum . It isnt as fun as a bunch of friends going together, i wish i had more friends LOL (is a loner :( )

Mmm i'll think about it, but if im there while the concert is on and if i were not to go, i'll kick myself in the head...

None of my friends want to go see Green Day with me, if that helps you.

I understand you wanting to go CRAZY :lol: To me, Green Day have reached the top in that I absolutely don't care who's looking at me and how weird I might act because, well it's Green Day and they mean teh world to me. :)

I doubt you'd be the only one over there with your mother haha.

And I don't even think anyone is going to judge you because of it anyway.

LOL i know no-one is going to judge, but i WILL FEEL like a loser (thanks to myself)

I KNOW IM CRAZY damn it

Not half as depressed than if you missed out.

So if she wouldn´t come with you, you wouldn´t go either, right?

If so then GO! It´s better to go with your mom than not to go at all. And if you don´t want her to see you going crazy in the crowd or jumping around, just move around and...well, actually, I think when you´re between thousands of people, you will be pushed around anyway :D

One of the reasons that I couldnt/didnt buy a ticket was because I had noone to go with. I would definitly go with my mother, I went to a couple of concerts with my mom before too..

Of course we wouldnt know how your mother is with you,(e.g over-protective, your relationship with her etc.) But if you have a chance to go to a GD concert just dont waste it!

It sort of depends on what kind of mother you have I suppose, but I would go with my mother to any concert.

Heck, I'm even looking into getting her and me concert tickets to see this danish artist we both like as my birthday present for her.

If your mum has been cool enough to take you to two shows before and you had a good time at those, I dont see any reason as to why you should hesitate to go with her. Who gives a shit if people will think it's lame? Fuck what they think, you'll get to see one of your favorite bands.

I think you should go with her.

Of course, it depends on what you mum is like, but it seems like you two get along pretty well, so why not? I totally understand you as I have thought about the same thing for the last 3 years. None of my friends likes Green Day, but my mum does, so I also thought about going to a concert with her. Luckily, I finally found someone else.

But...remember you have two options:

1. Go with your mum and SEE GREEN DAY LIVE

2. Don't go at all.

I'd definitely go for number 1 :wink:

My mother would love it but you have to decide whether yours will appreciate it. Some parents don't get their kids music its a generational thing.

duuude, i'm going into the pit with my mum haha

I'm going with both my parents. You should go with her, especially if it's your only chance to see Green Day :happy:

i'd go with my mum..she was coming with me and so was dad if i got 4 tickets, doesnt bother me and if its the only chance u might get to see them...go for it

i wouldnt go with my mum and if i call her to come with me she wont come with me.but you should go with her. dont miss your chance to see Green Day.if i have to chance to see Green Day i would go to concert with anyone.

Archived