Green Day gone high tech

my danish romance

watching the latest performances, I noticed that Billie, Mike, and Tre are using those ear things, which to my knowledge they haven't done before... I don't know why it bothers me, it just reminds me too much of a boyband kind of thing..I dont like it..somehow every artist but Bruce Springsteen and a few others are using them..

But on the other hand if it helps them to sing better and play better live, plus protect their hearing, then..

Who the fuck cares...

For some reason I do....

How pathetic...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's more likely a television performance thing.

Also, did you notice, at the end of American Idiot (before the final chorus), Armstrong ripped his out?

Hearing is priceless, can't blame them

That's very true.

Yeah, I read a quote from Tre I think that saying the albums are getting harder and harder to re-create live, so I suppose they do what it takes, really. The music still sounds great for it, if not better.

Plus they should try and protect their hearing while they can; there's no going back once you've lost that sort of thing.

YES, protecting hearing is probably why they're doing it anyway. I know I would, considering how fragile mine is.

I've failed to see what the big deal is...

yeah it's just 'bout tv is a small place I think

Guest Brian
watching the latest performances, I noticed that Billie, Mike, and Tre are using those ear things, which to my knowledge they haven't done before... I don't know why it bothers me, it just reminds me too much of a boyband kind of thing..I dont like it..somehow every artist but Bruce Springsteen and a few others are using them..

But on the other hand if it helps them to sing better and play better live, plus protect their hearing, then..

Who the fuck cares...

For some reason I do....

How pathetic...

I believe they've been using in-ear monitors for several years now. It helps them to hear the mixes they need more clearly rather than relying on the monitors at the front of the stage. When they can hear more clearly - they can play tighter. So, the shows would sound better. Along with this it keeps the on-stage volume down, which is a must if you want to keep your hearing while playing.

if you are talking about the same thing i saw, those are ear monitors. They allow the musician to hear what the others and himself are playing without delay and clearly. You do notice that GD are playing bigger crowds and hence it helps if they can hear themselves with the ear monitors without delay or feedback.

Its not lame, it just means that GD are in fact playing live. Which not alot of pop people do.

Plus, for $60 I want the best performance I can possibly get.

I believe they've been using in-ear monitors for several years now.

I don't think so... they've used them occasionally, but not as extensive as they have on this round. :)

I don't think so... they've used them occasionally, but not as extensive as they have on this round. :)

I've only seen them use them about 3 times lately. Once, for which was on television.

Meh..

As someone else said, they're just in-ear monitors. It's just like the monitors they have down the front of the stage, except they're in their ears.

I've only seen them use them about 3 times lately. Once, for which was on television.

Meh..

Pretty sure they used them on all the first four US shows, and I know they used them in either Berlin or Cologne. :)

Pretty sure they used them on all the first four US shows, and I know they used them in either Berlin or Cologne. :)

I know they used them in Berlin and/or Cologne, but I don't believe they did in the first four shows.

Either way, I still don't understand why people are upset over it?

i guess they just value their hearing.

You clearly don 't understand how precious hearing is. My mom talks to old people all the time who have lost their hearing to just recklessly blasting music and it's one of the biggest regrets in their life.

I know they used them in Berlin and/or Cologne, but I don't believe they did in the first four shows.

Either way, I still don't understand why people are upset over it?

Yeah, I've looked at some of the pictures again, I think you're right. :)

You clearly don 't understand how precious hearing is. My mom talks to old people all the time who have lost their hearing to just recklessly blasting music and it's one of the biggest regrets in their life.

That makes me questioning what I´ve been doing since years now: blasting loud music through the little earphones of my MP3 Player - and I already have tinitus. Probably not a good idea but I can´t resist :(

its just an inner ear monitor so they can hear the sound mix better. sometimes tre has a click track in his for songs like BOBD in order to lock on to the right tempo.

I could swear they have even used it on bullet in a bibel. Otherwise they hadn't had the chance to hear themselfs when moving around on stage.

Welcome to the 21st Century! It's standart music technology, they use it to sound better for YOU :D

I don't know why you guys think this is dramatic or anything... they play for 10000 of people...

I liked it better when Tre had his massive headphones on during BOBD

I think the great riffs and the great lyrics compensate for any way they wish to deliver them.

Archived