Green Day on The Colbert Report

Bastard

I agree, I think he did okay. And they seemed to enjoy being there :D

But Tré definitely saved the day =P

Yeah, they seemed to have fun, and isn't that all that really matters?

But on a side note, yeah, Billie does look a little scary when he laughs.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got to watch this!

I was laughing so hard. Tre was great!

I thought they all did really well though. :D

And WTF with that Sweater Stephen Colbert had on in that one part?

I live in the Midwest and if they put that in Wal-Mart it would sell like hotcakes.

I loved the part about why didn't they just sell it with their guns too. XD

"I just hate sandals." was the best thing.

I loved it. The interview was hilarious, especially Tré at the end. The performance was pretty fly too.

I don't get why everyone thought the interview was so bad, it's obvious they weren't intending on being serious about it. I thought it was alright, kind of expected really xD

It was only bad because Colbert, the person who was meant to be supplying the humour, was totally unfunny. The boys did the best with what they had to work with!

haha yeah not even many people in American understand him. He's basically a liberal guy who puts on a character of a really obnoxious conservative political talk show host (we have a million in America on Fox news, etc.). And I guess you have to really be up on American current events and politics to really understand most of his jokes.

I understood his jokes..........but they weren't funny :lol:

LOL I love you

In the SNL thread I compared his laugh to a bat :lol:

I love you, too. :) Haha, his laugh is bat-like.

Just watched this. Yet another example of an interviewer trying hard to be more important than his guests, I hate that, he was just so not funny. You give them a fuckin chat show and suddenly they think they are the star. Johnathan Ross is always doing that 'Lets get the conversation back to me' crap too.

Looks like Mike was quiet because he thought the guy was a jerk. Billie held his own with the guy who thought it would be easy to make a fool of the band, but Hard Luck.

I can picture all the rednecks trying to shoot the cd's with their walmart guns and getting splinters all over their face..

Just watched this. Yet another example of an interviewer trying hard to be more important than his guests, I hate that, he was just so not funny. You give them a fuckin chat show and suddenly they think they are the star. Johnathan Ross is always doing that 'Lets get the conversation back to me' crap too.

Looks like Mike was quiet because he thought the guy was a jerk. Billie held his own with the guy who thought it would be easy to make a fool of the band, but Hard Luck.

I can picture all the rednecks trying to shoot the cd's with their walmart guns and getting splinters all over their face..

Its Colbert's show. At the end of the day, they were lucky the got on. He didn't have to interview them. And something tells me that they've watched his show enough to know how it works.

Tre was a great sport.

That's Colbert's character, he's always like that. He's mocking the hosts who are all about themselves. You don't watch Colbert and expect a serious interview.

That's Colbert's character, he's always like that. He's mocking the hosts who are all about themselves. You don't watch Colbert and expect a serious interview.

Ture i thought it was fucking hiliours and was on the floor laughing, Billie Joe probably get's nervous in those types of interviews(espically since I've heard he's a big fan of Colbert) give them a break they're awesome musicans and they are cutely ackward:)

They're showing a repeat of the episode right this second for those who want to see it again :)

I love you so much :wub: Thank you!!....ha and I was about to go to sleep.

haha you're welcome! This is definitely much better than sleeping. They'll be on during the last 10 minutes of the show.

Archived