the reason franz ferdinand is touring with green day

Bexie.

i just found out why Franz Ferdinand are supporting green day on some of their tour dates.

on radio 1 on the jo whiley show today they were talking with the FF frontman and told them about how they are getting to tour with them. Apparently a girl came up to him and said that her boyfriend was a big fan of the band and would like to tour with them, to which he replied 'whats the name of his band?' and then she said 'green day'... so it turns out the girl he was talking too was in actual fact tre cool's girlfriend.

so there you have it.. plain and simples..

so any way if you need to hear it for yourself its on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/djs/

feel free to close, sorry for any inconvenience

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, that's pretty rad. Thanks for posting it up. :happy:

Whatever, all i know is that the US are lucky about FF and Kaiser Chiefs supporting GD.

They're both amazing live. I went to see Franz in march and i nearly had a heart attack, too intense. "This fffffire is out of control, gonna burn this city, burn this city!"

that's a great way to go on tour with Green Day ..

thanks for posting

Cant wait for a pic of Billie + Alex Kapranos.

Or Billie + Ricky Wilson. Though i'm pretty convinced Kaiser Chiefs dont like Green Day.

That's actually a really cool piece of trivia, even if Tre seemingly has terrible taste in music.

cool

I have their album...I don't know wich one..but oh well.. :P

That's actually a really cool piece of trivia, even if Tre seemingly has terrible taste in music.

They ain't that bad!

Franz Ferdinand are appallingly bad.
nah. they are cool.

I think this story is quite interesting. :)

Cool. Good for Tre :happy:

Cant wait for a pic of Billie + Alex Kapranos.

Or Billie + Ricky Wilson. Though i'm pretty convinced Kaiser Chiefs dont like Green Day.

Check it out

WHOSTHIS.jpg

That's from 2005. Haha why wouldn't they like Green Day, have they said something?

Kaiser Chiefs would have been a much better choice than Franz Ferdinand who just seem pretty limp and lifeless to me. Kaisers are always full of beans.

Kaiser Chiefs would have been a much better choice than Franz Ferdinand who just seem pretty limp and lifeless to me. Kaisers are always full of beans.

Right said

That is interesting and I was thinking maybe Franz Ferdinand met up with Green Day when they were playing at the Fox Theater in Oakland since Franz Ferdinand was in attendence because they were performening the next night and thats maybe when they got talking about going on tour together but never expected this was how the whole thing came about with Franz Ferdinand touring with Green Day

ha ha, tre has his (rock n roll?) girlfriend do his dirty work...

STILL doesnt change the fact that FF are god awful.

Hahah that's pretty cool!

Looks like Tre has a good taste in music (:

ha ha, tre has his (rock n roll?) girlfriend do his dirty work...

STILL doesnt change the fact that FF are god awful.

eh however it happened it happened im actually curious to see them live since I never really got in to FF before, you know just to go with an open mind to see how they are

Archived