Regaining interest in Green Day...

Pan.

i never lost my interest :o .. it may have mellowed out, but i've always loved em :wub:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i lost interest slightly. but it's come back. not as much as i thought it would, but it has. (:

I'm getting there. I actually prefer to listen to their old stuff now though. My music interests have changed. I don't really like listening to AI anymore other than for the memories of things that happened around that time. I am looking forward to getting this new album though :) I think because I was so obsessed with them they've made a permanent mark on me, I may not always be completely obsessed but I'll always have time and appreciation for them.

I didn't lose interest as such, I'm always interested in Green Day and what they are doing as they are and always will be one of my favourite bands. The break between AI and 21st Century Breakdown has just given me a chance to listen to new music while waiting. I might not have listened to them as much as I did when AI came out but I'd still listen to them every now and again to bring back the good memories I have of when AI did come out. Now that they are bringing out new stuff I am more interested than I have been and I can't wait to hear what they've came up with and this time I will see them live. I was gutted I missed them the last time.

My interest in Green Day has always been at the same insanely high level, since I got into them...It has been almost 5 years now and I know it will always be this way.

Obviously I am more attached to them as people than 5 years ago, since I didn't know anything about them.

But they always be everything to me :wub:

I can admit when I was going through depression I lost interest in doing GDA...but never in Green Day. I always have them with me (tattooed on me) to remind me that I'm a huge fan.

Now that medication is getting me back to what I was, and i have more free time, and able to do more on GDA.

Yeah, I kinda get what you're saying here. Through depression I've stopped running my Green Day site. That doesn't mean I've lost any love or interest in Green Day though. It's just hard constantly answering everyones questions and typing out shit - so I stopped!

I've never lost interest at all :lol:. I think I've listened to Green Day every single day since I discovered them.

:lol: same!

Yeah I wouldn't say I ever completely lost interest in them, but I haven't been really interested or listened to a lot of them since "Nimrod". The album "Warning" has some good songs, but I just never really caught on to it like their previous stuff. Same with "American Idiot". Since the announcement of their new album, I have found myself listening to a lot more of them recently. I have no idea how long that will last. Guess it depends on how 21st Century fairs with me.

Regardless I'll always be a fan and keep coming back to them for more.

they are STILL my fav. band, but they have become so omnipresent in my life at the degree that I am not shocked for every bit of news that come out

I really need the album

same here.

I lost a bit of interest last autumn. I found new cool bands and stuff. But lately it came all back and I'm glad it did. I'm the little 11 year old again. God help me. :lol:

I never lost interest, but after hearing some of the new songs i love them even more.

My ipod deleted it's self, so i had to go a few days without my favorite songs playlist (i couldn't be bothered to put it all together again), so i listened to all the Green Day songs continuously instead. The song lights out is catchy!

I never even came close to losing interest in them. They mean way too much to me. They are basically the only band I haven't lost interest in at all.

I guess you could say i'm regaining interest

I never really lost interest, but I guess you could say that I'm becoming even more interested with the new album coming out and such.

Guest PlasticUndead

I stopped listening to them about a year & a half ago. I just lost interest & was starting to listen to heavier music & it just didn't fit. But as soon as I heard of the tour, I've made this account [i used to be PunkMagic or something], uploaded all there albums onto my PC again & just been obsessed hah.

I missed them x]

I hadn't lost intrest at all, I've still loved them. But obviously my obsession disapeered haha. I am very pleased to say it has fully returned though :)

i never really lost interest.

naturally, i can't wait for the album :)

I never lost interest anyway..

But May 15 is coming closer and closer, and I just CAN'T wait for the album! :)

crazy as it sounds,i've never lost interest. I still checked GDA'a homepage every other day , or mostly everyday.

I never lost interest in them, maybe because I haven't been a fan awfully long.

I regained mine. Listening to new songs and the older ones that I hadn't even played in like 6 months made me get back into it, and the excitement of a tour makes it so much better. :)

Oh, I definetly regained interest. I think in 2007 and 2008, I only posted on this board 1 or 2 times, and now that there's exciting new Green Day news, I'm back to posting almost everyday. And I'm listening to Green Day more, but I never stopped listening them.

I'm actually here because I'm listening to leaks.

Seriously.

Not impressed with the new songs, but still. It's the thought that counts??

I wouldn't necessarily say that I "lost interest" in them, but there was about a 1-1 1/2 year period of my life when I thought that As I Lay Dying was my favorite band and not Green Day...those were the saddest days of my life...

Now I look back on that brief time in history and say "What the fuck were you thinking!" I knew in the back of my mind that Green Day would always be my favorite band...because when someone would ask what my favorite band was, my first thought would always be "Green Day!" but then I'd say "As I Lay Dying..." and it just wouldn't feel right. So now, I don't even think it's my choice anymore, they're always going to be my favorite...

Sorry if that didn't make any sense. :lol: It made sense to me... :)

I lost my interest in Green Day after Nimrod. I liked Warning enough, but didn't really care as much as I used to around then. Then American Idiot blew my mind, and totally re-charged my interest in them.

In the six years that I've loved Green Day so far, I've never lost interest in them. :happy:

...It's so weird that I've liked them for six years already... :blink:

I reckon I lost a tad bit of interest especially towards the end of last year but all this 21st Century Breakdown has gained my interest again.

Archived