Green Day @ Fox

Marie_GD

This was the best concert I have gone to, and I've to a lot of cool concerts. Though i found it funny that there was a bunch of people older than my dad there :) and my dad did go with me. I kinda wished the played some older songs though, o well im still on high from the show lol

It's cool, I got the tickets and brought my mommy with me. :lol: There were a lot of older people there, surprisingly. I mean, my mom was in the young people group (she's 37 in a week); that's how many older people were there.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to mention the cute little flying leap that Jeff did across the stage when Billie re-introduced him at the end of the show. :happy:

I forgot to mention the cute little flying leap that Jeff did across the stage when Billie re-introduced him at the end of the show. :happy:

I forgot he did that. Now its coming back. Mike laughed once Jeff was back to his original position. He looked down and laughed.

I just remembered that Billie Joe sang "King For A Day" exactly as he sang it for "Bullet in A Bible." And I mean exactly, because once it dawned on me about 2 seconds into his vocals, I could could sync up my singing to his, based on my extensive listens of BIAB. He sang a lot of songs predictably.

And I got annoyed after the eighteenth time he told us to put our fucking hands up. It never worked. It was just distracting and irritating, because people kept putting their arms over my head and almost obscured my vision upwards towards the stage.

I thought I should just share that. I also thought I'd express my disappointment over the fact that those fucking hipsters got into the show, and that Billie Joe grabbed the tall one in the plaid shirt's fucking hat and put it on. Lame.

What the fuck happened to the random baseball cap (it was like green or grey) that someone threw on stage at some point? I saw it on the stage floor but then I stopped paying attention to it and got back to paying attention to the show.

And people threw shit at them. Like that guy Greg who was next to me who threw a ball of paper at Billie Joe, and someone threw something that looked vaguely metallic all the way back towards Tré, and it was such a long throw that it went behind him.

"Get down. Get down. I said get down. Now. Get down. Get down."

^

I can imagine what it must be like for Billie Joe's kids to be reprimanded by him. He sounded like he was annoyed and disciplining us.

Recall that everyone got back up before he said "jump up and shout." Losers. When teenies and posers are involved, trying to get the audience to play along and have fun is impossible.

Also, I have to say that seeing them on a bigger stage again really made them seem as though they were back in their element.

Question: What songs from the new album were played at the Fox that were not played at the Independent/DNA shows? Sorry if it's been asked. I just want to see which songs I saw the premiere of

Question: What songs from the new album were played at the Fox that were not played at the Independent/DNA shows? Sorry if it's been asked. I just want to see which songs I saw the premiere of

the only song that might've premiered was song of the century which was the song that played right before they took the stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Billie Joe:

"Look at the Fox Theater in Oakland, California -- fuck yeah! It only took thirty-five years and ninety million dollars, but I'd say they did a pretty good job!"

Best line from the entire night

Billie Joe:

"I'm going to play all night. Fuck tomorrow. I don't give a fuck. I'm not going to school tomorrow. Fuck that shit. Except for you Joseph Armstrong."

• 3 weeks later...

I was going through my phone's files and I found this, which I guess I must have accidentally saved into another folder or something.

What a nice surprise. This is where I stood the whole night.

IMG00161.jpg

"I'm going to play all night. Fuck tomorrow. I don't give a fuck. I'm not going to school tomorrow. Fuck that shit. Except for you Joseph Armstrong."

:lol: embarassing dad!

is there a video of that line?

I bet it was featured on the broadcast of the show on Comcast. Maybe. I really have no idea.

There is, I haven't got a clue where or in which song it is, though. I've seen it on youtube, you can try to find it there...

edit: here it is :]

That boy needs to pull up his pants!

I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. Now I probably won't be able to forget it.

There is, I haven't got a clue where or in which song it is, though. I've seen it on youtube, you can try to find it there...

edit: here it is :]

Thanks for posting that! I heard the quote but I missed the video before. Priceless :lol:

That boy needs to pull up his pants!

I'd prefer that he didn't, actually.

Archived