GreenDay.com posts official lyrics

Fuzz

nigger, dude. The N word is 'nigger'.

For future reference, if there's ever something in black like that, you drag your mouse over it holding down the button, an voila... Unless you meant something completely different by 'cmon please!!!!!!" in which case, I apologize lol :)

oks, sorry, im totally exited, i dont have time to concentrateç

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fag, Redneck all on American idiot

But not "nigger". To be honest, those words aren't as taboo in society as nigger is. So those words would not stir protest against this album.

I really hope that the song is going to be compared more to John Lennon's "Woman is the Nigger of the World" though rather than being condemned.

Does someone already know about the lyrics from "viva la gloria" video?? i'm desperate!!

Whe where discussing that on the news page. 21stCanadianbacon said that:

"well it could have been a B-side

there are 2 that are suppose to be with the Know your enemy single"

oks, sorry, im totally exited, i dont have time to concentrateç

lol that's okay :) you're welcome

But not "nigger". To be honest, those words aren't as taboo in society as nigger is. So those words would not stir protest against this album.

I really hope that the song is going to be compared more to John Lennon's "Woman is the Nigger of the World" though rather than being condemned.

I haven't read the lyrics for it yet, but I'm sure they would NEVER say anything meaning to be that way, ya know? I'm sure it won't be condemned. GD aren't a bunch of racists, they hate that shit. If 'nigger' is in there, there's a reason. A good one. It's a very, unfortunately, common word down here in the South. I'm anxious to read these lyrics...

only green day would have the balls, really, they called a planet ''idiots'' 5 years ago (outside the usa it was also taken pretty serious)

well, yes. And it's not like he's saying "Kill all the niggas. White Supremacy" kind of thing, he's using it as an element of the history, one that's on the street and has a double standard. I think it's more or less like a protest, not against the word, but the attitude

Billie did say that there would be things people probably wouldn't agree with on the album.

It wasn't so much that the actual words were offensive, it was more that the meaning of the songs were things that Mid-West America were not going to agree with, the thoughts and feelings behind the words.

What happened to March of the Dogs? Does anyone know if the name just changed or if it just got taken out?

It's changed to East Jesus Nowhere

Billie did say that there would be things people probably wouldn't agree with on the album.

It wasn't not so much that the actual words were offensive, it was more that the meaning of the songs were things that Mid-West America were not going to agree with, the thoughts and feelings behind the words.

well, all most southern folks (besides the exceptions, of course...hi michelle!) don't agree with liberal points of view anyway

I haven't read the lyrics for it yet, but I'm sure they would NEVER say anything meaning to be that way, ya know? I'm sure it won't be condemned. GD aren't a bunch of racists, they hate that shit. If 'nigger' is in there, there's a reason. A good one. It's a very, unfortunately, common word down here in the South. I'm anxious to read these lyrics...

Yeah, I know. It's just people's perceptions of the songs that may be wrong and some may take it for racism.

well, all most southern folks (besides the exceptions, of course...hi michelle!) don't agree with liberal points of view anyway

It's pretty much the entire south and Mid-West regions that are more conservative. Once you get to the coasts people tend to be more open-minded and liberal.

people have been using the word nigger in music forever. you guys act like billie is the first person to use it. jesus christ. i still think the best use of it was patti smith's "rock and roll nigger" and when marilyn manson cover that song omg it was the best fucking thing. that song makes mass hysteria sound like a childs song.

The site looks wicked cool.

What they posted still doesn't clarify the words after "Well, gotta know the enemy" in Know Your Enemy :/ If it's worth another guess, my mom thinks it's "they're here" as in, the enemy is here. Makes sense to me. It's another theory to be thrown around if it hasn't been already.

It is like in Armatage Shanks, after the second chorus, on the Bridge, I'm still trying to figure out what are they saying. Also, on Jinx, on the last part of the song. :D

It's pretty much the entire south and Mid-West regions that are more conservative. Once you get to the coasts people tend to be more open-minded and liberal.

I know

too MUCH too SOON

green day didnt say much for 5 years and know this is so active

Yeah, I know. It's just people's perceptions of the songs that may be wrong and some may take it for racism.

Well honestly if they're going to misinterpret the lyrics and mistake Billie's writing for racism, what are they doing buying and listening to the album? I'm sorry but if they don't get it...well I think Green Day have the wrong mentality for them and they shouldn't even try to criticise it.

Just got an update from the band. The tracklist as posted is incorrect, here's the real thing

Act I Heroes and Cons

Song Of The Century

21st Century Breakdown

Know Your Enemy

!Viva La Gloria!

Before The Lobotomy

Christian's Inferno

Last Night On Earth

Act II Charlatans and Saints

East Jesus Nowhere

Peacemaker

Last Of The American Girls

Murder City

?Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)

Restless Heart Syndrome

Act III Horseshoes and Handgrenades

Horseshoes and Handgrenades

The Static Age

21 Guns

American Eulogy

a) Mass Hysteria

b) I Don't Want To Live In The Modern World

See The Light

Just got an update from the band. The tracklist as posted is incorrect, here's the real thing

Act I Heroes and Cons

Song Of The Century

21st Century Breakdown

Know Your Enemy

!Viva La Gloria!

Before The Lobotomy

Christian's Inferno

Last Night On Earth

East Jesus Nowhere

Peacemaker

Murder City

Restless Heart Syndrome

The Static Age

21 Guns

American Eulogy

a) Mass Hysteria

See The Light

that clears it up

Act I Heroes and Cons

Song Of The Century

21st Century Breakdown

Know Your Enemy

!Viva La Gloria!

Before The Lobotomy

Christian's Inferno

Last Night On Earth

East Jesus Nowhere

Peacemaker

Murder City

Restless Heart Syndrome

The Static Age

21 Guns

American Eulogy

a) Mass Hysteria

See The Light

ha ha, I told ya (in the news comments) that American Eulogy was divided in two.

Well honestly if they're going to misinterpret the lyrics and mistake Billie's writing for racism, what are they doing buying and listening to the album? I'm sorry but if they don't get it...well I think Green Day have the wrong mentality for them and they shouldn't even try to criticise it.

Messed up but true. :sherlock:

Act I Heroes and Cons

Song Of The Century

21st Century Breakdown

Know Your Enemy

!Viva La Gloria!

Before The Lobotomy

Christian's Inferno

Last Night On Earth

East Jesus Nowhere

Peacemaker

Murder City

Restless Heart Syndrome

The Static Age

21 Guns

American Eulogy

a) Mass Hysteria

See The Light

So are they going to post up lyrics for !Viva La Gloria! ?

So, the album's acts start decreasing the number of songs on it (considering American Eulogy as one song, just divided) 7, 6, and 5 songs.

''fuck the century breakdown''

is what comes to mind

im seeing the PARENTAL ADVISORY sign already

Archived