American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

I love Green Day as much as anyone else in here. But Opie from the Opie & Anthony Show said it perfect on Twitter....American Idiot closing on Broadway.Duh!Who'd go see unknowns play Green Day songs for more money then it would be to see the real Green Day?"

I love Green Day as much as anyone else in here. But Opie from the Opie & Anthony Show said it perfect on Twitter....American Idiot closing on Broadway.Duh!Who'd go see unknowns play Green Day songs for more money then it would be to see the real Green Day?"

Well, I don't think that people goes to see AI just because it's a bunch of Green Day, I mean yes, the initial pull may be from the fact that it's songs by a well known group, but at the end of the day the real strengh of the show it's the story itself, which is supported by the songs.

Me and 1/2 the people who have lived on this thread for the last year would see it, actually. And really, who cares what Opie and Anthony say?

Sad it's closing, but I knew it would have to happen eventually. Going from a full or near full house each night down to less than half just isn't something they can sustain at this stage in the game. We still have the tour to look forward to, and those of us lucky enough to have seen it with the original cast / Billie should treasure those memories.

Sorry, Billie, but I'm more excited about Joshua Henry closing out as Favorite Son. Heh. I like Wallace, but you have no idea how much I miss Joshua. And so many people never saw him but now y'all will! :D

I'd go to see a bunch of unknowns playing Green Day songs for more money than it costs to see Green Day because those unknowns are extremely talented and portray the story in an unbelievably amazing way you'd never see anywhere else.

Sorry, Billie, but I'm more excited about Joshua Henry closing out as Favorite Son. Heh. I like Wallace, but you have no idea how much I miss Joshua. And so many people never saw him but now y'all will! :D

I agree! I was just talking about Joshua with some friends last time I saw the show. I miss him SO much!!!

So what is the easiest way to try and get front row center tickets. Last time I went I got premium tickets but that is a few rows back, I got lucky that the couple in the front row did NOT want to sit there so we traded with them....it was spectacular...so Help??

As my friend pointed out on Twitter, since Idiot is closing on Easter Sunday, should be expect Billie to appear in a bunny costume as some point that weekend. :lol:

According to the Ny Times, about 440,000 people.

• Like 1

If anyone is interested I (already) have an extra orchestra ticket for the last show. Row M left.

Me and 1/2 the people who have lived on this thread for the last year would see it, actually. And really, who cares what Opie and Anthony say?

umm...their millions of subscribers?

Its closing :cry:

And Im going to New York in July!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i know the feeling... except i'm going 4 days after it closes. :cry:

I already had tickets to see AI on 26th April, so I'm insanely happy it'll be with St Billie. :D

think again.....

Dude, that's got to fucking suck for those who bought tickets past the 24th.

rent is coming back 2 years after it closed on broadway

american idiot can to you never know

the show is not ending forever

just on broadway

we still have the tour and hopefully a dvd or movie