American Idiot Musical (Theatrical Production)

J'net

This might seem like a stupid question, but how loud is the musical? :ninja: It's just that I have mild tinnitus and wear earplugs to gigs, so I was just wondering what the sound levels are like? :happy:

Me too and I didn't have any problem with the musical. It's not THAT loud. It is enjoyable loud though!

Well, Stark has a wedding in his future so he can't really have any new projects after the wedding.

Sorry for my ignorance but is there a difference between the lottery and "student rush tickets"? I only heard about the student tickets once but never knew what it was about or how it works. Does it mean you get cheaper tickets if you show them your student ID?

And do you think they would accept non-American student cards?

Lottery is for the first two rows of orchestra. Putting your name for lottery does not guarantee seats. Student rush seats will get you an actual seat but their location varies from back orchestra to partial view balcony. Both lottery and student rush tickets are $27. And any type of student ID would work. That being said, it's suppose to be one student rush ticket per ID but depending on the box office person, you could get two tickets per ID.

This might seem like a stupid question, but how loud is the musical? :ninja: It's just that I have mild tinnitus and wear earplugs to gigs, so I was just wondering what the sound levels are like? :happy:

You'll probably be okay without earplugs. The loudest part is the simulated "war" sounds during Novacaine and even then, that part isn't as loud as a concert.

Okay, since it was officially announced, I can post about it. Christina, our wonderful Extraordinary Girl, will be leaving for a new show called "Baby, It's You" which starts previews across the street from the St. James at the Broadhurst on March 26th. While she hasn't made public her departing date, I will say to enjoy her performance as much as you can. :)

Boo, she will be sorely missed. :cry: Wishing her all the best for her new show!

....and I doubt that they will be extending those IC seats. But keep an eye on it, you never know.

....and I doubt that they will be extending those IC seats. But keep an eye on it, you never know.

the thing about those seats... either they sell them for $137 through the IC or they go to lotto for $27. I doubt if they will try and sell them for $200 plus. So, it might behoove them to reinstate it, lol.

Me too and I didn't have any problem with the musical. It's not THAT loud. It is enjoyable loud though!

You'll probably be okay without earplugs. The loudest part is the simulated "war" sounds during Novacaine and even then, that part isn't as loud as a concert.

Wooh, thanks for letting me know guys :happy:

Finally I'll be able to enjoy a Green Day related event without having to fiddle at my earplugs the whole time :lol:

I need to save money but with all these people leaving... Blergh. :(

Besides Theo, Christina and Michael, Wallace is rumored to be leaving but I haven't heard anything substantial. Esper doesn't have an end date yet, or as far as he's said. Theo's is this coming Sunday, the 30th. I hope Christina gets to go one again for Whatsername before she leaves but I kinda doubt it. :(

Aw, Christina! Good for her.

NGL, Van looks a little...weird as Will. At least, to me. I don't know. I guess I feel 'attached' to Esper's Will (coming from a fan who's never seen it but yeah.)

Aw, Christina! Good for her.

NGL, Van looks a little...weird as Will. At least, to me. I don't know. I guess I feel 'attached' to Esper's Will (coming from a fan who's never seen it but yeah.)

Miss Moffie, I didnt realize you have never seen AI on broadway? How can we help get you there.!?!?

If you're offering help to get to the musical...

What.. did I read something about offering help to get to the musical........

What.. did I read something about offering help to get to the musical........

Well yes but not in any way for us, sorry for getting your hopes up! Someone was surprised somebody else hadn't seen the musical and was offering to help get them too it. But the somebody else lives in America so I think that played a part.

Miss Moffie, I didnt realize you have never seen AI on broadway? How can we help get you there.!?!?

I'm working on it, babe! ;)

• Like 1

this wouldnt usually be my thing, but im a fan of all things Green Day. i WANT to see this, its just that i live in England, such a shame

this wouldnt usually be my thing, but im a fan of all things Green Day. i WANT to see this, its just that i live in England, such a shame

If it tours outside of the USA at all, surely the first stop would be the West End. That's what I'm hoping anyway!

ummm! reading on twitter that mike is at the show again tonight, and billie hopped offstage TWICE to stop people taping the show???

anyone have any other details??

ummm! reading on twitter that mike is at the show again tonight, and billie hopped offstage TWICE to stop people taping the show???

I wouldn't be surprised. Billie's done that before. I think people are still at the show/getting back, though... :ermm:

Yeah, Tuesday is that strange day where shows start at 7. The Sunday evening show is at 7:30. :)

Why couldn't Mike come to the show on Sunday when I was there! Oh, Mike! Haha.

Well, as I said on Twitter, I'm surprised that BJ didn't punch the people taping the show.

According to friends who were at the show, Billie jumped off the stage after St. Jimmy and during Good Riddance. He took someone's phone during Good Riddance, and apparently threw something back into the audience after getting back onstage the first time, possibly Twizzlers. And Esper said "come on man, I can see the red light" instead of "aw jeez" before R&RGF.

http://www.americanidiotonbroadway.com/download/ <--And you can totally hear him asking the guy for his phone in tonight's download. LOL.

I wonder if that means that they don't like it during Good Riddance, too. Which is really weird since American Idiot itself post the video of it today. That's kinda confusing.