Veterans of Green Day

SynthwaveTrooper

I've been a fan of the band pretty much my whole life. I started listening to them when Dookie came out, because my dad was a big fan of them at the time. He bought Dookie the day it came out and used to dance around the room with me in his arms :) We used to headbang together!

He used to take days off work to watch me when I had days off kindergarten and my mom was out working. And I remember one day when she came back and my dad was trying to get me to sing along to Longview, and she came into the room screaming 'WHAT THE HELL DAN YOU CAN'T LET HER LISTEN TO THIS SHIT! SHE'S NOT OLD ENOUGH!!! SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT MASTURBATION IS!'

It was one of those traumatic moments that you can remember forever.

My mom was not pleased when I found Dookie hidden in their cd collection 8 years later and rediscovered the band :D

That's a classic story :-D

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They never made my size in T-Shirts, they still don't :-(

WTF Green Day, don't you know some of your fans are fat!

I'd sport a classic GD shirt on an album cover for God sakes.

LMAO! I found that shirt on Ebay 6months ago but it was an XL.

Atleast GD now has Album cover shirts as merch. I am so buying that insomniac shirt.

Am I allowed? 12 years counts? I remember hearing When I come around when I was around 4. Of course I was too young know how to get their music, but I did love it!

Ah screw it.

That totally counts dude. You're a VET!

I've seen it around, but never bought it. I just couldn't wear shit on my shirt :lol: And there's also a hilarious one w/ a dude pissing in an alley, I think it's a Kerplunk era shirt. I do have the Kerplunk cover shirt.

HOW MANY OF YOU VETS HAVE TATTOOOOOOS??? :woot:

I do :wub:

I actually have music notes from Burnout on my arm. I'm looking to getting a big Green Day Tattoo sometime this year. I got mad tattoos (thanks Billie Joe)

They never made my size in T-Shirts, they still don't :-(

WTF Green Day, don't you know some of your fans are fat!

I'd sport a classic GD shirt on an album cover for God sakes.

:lol:

I feel ya. I used to be so big I couldn't fit into any of the shirts. I'm not anymore, thankfully. When I lost all that weight, that was one of my first purchases. The GD shirt w/ a heart in a mousetrap :wub: Still one of my favorites for that reason. Now I own nine :happy:

You had an original? I know they have started reprinting those in the last few years. They sell them at Hot Topic of all places. I used to have that Nimrod shirt with the guy hitting his head with hammers. Wore it on my first day of high school, thought I was so punk, ha. Nowadays I can't wear Green Day shirts cuz of my tattoo, I don't want to look obsessed (even though I am).

I sure did, i also had an orginal basket Case shirt too, Damn that was my fav shirt too.

I've seen it around, but never bought it. I just couldn't wear shit on my shirt :lol: And there's also a hilarious one w/ a dude pissing in an alley, I think it's a Kerplunk era shirt. I do have the Kerplunk cover shirt.

Like I said, I do. And it's actually the girl from the Kerplunk cover. I wish I had a digital camera right now. It looks perfect. I wanted that Kerplunk shirt but now I don't need it!

Where do they sell the Insomniac shirts?

:lol:

I feel ya. I used to be so big I couldn't fit into any of the shirts. I'm not anymore, thankfully. When I lost all that weight, that was one of my first purchases. The GD shirt w/ a heart in a mousetrap :wub: Still one of my favorites for that reason. Now I own nine :happy:

It's funny I couldn't fit into em, but I own a bunch of GD shirts. I got this awesome Insomniac shirt it says RIOT at 45mph or something along those lines and yes I do remember the man pissing in the alley shirt, those were the days.

i used to "jam" to Brain Stew when i was two. my family all likes Green Day as a unit. my dad also likes other bands such as Pink Floyd, The Who, U2, and Bob Marley. well, me liking Bob Marley as a child and remembering Jammin', i would bounce my head up and down. so one time i can remember my mom asking me to "jam" to Brain Stew, so i was thrashing my head all over and they recorded it on video. so my headbanging was immortalized.

I have plan for my GD tats, ;) i have a back Peice of a girl and i am gonan have her covered in tats... :)

It's funny I couldn't fit into em, but I own a bunch of GD shirts. I got this awesome Insomniac shirt it says RIOT at 45mph or something along those lines and yes I do remember the man pissing in the alley shirt, those were the days.

Their artwork was a lot more distinct and irreverent and funny then. I'm not too big on AI and 21st Century's covers as well as their newer t-shirt designs, but that's just probably my cranky oldhead coming out.

I actually have music notes from Burnout on my arm. I'm looking to getting a big Green Day Tattoo sometime this year. I got mad tattoos (thanks Billie Joe)

I've thought over and over about putting some notes from 'She' somewhere on my body, but never have. That's my favorite song :) But me and my best friend (who is also a member on here FINALLY since today lol) got matching tats last April, riiiiight before we went to see the FHT. We got Kerplunk daisies, mine on my ankle, hers on her wrist. I absolutely love it.

I had that Shirt of the guy pissing in the alley! awe man... i am getting all sad now :(

Their artwork was a lot more distinct and irreverent and funny then. I'm not too big on AI and 21st Century's covers as well as their newer t-shirt designs, but that's just probably my cranky oldhead coming out.

lol I love 'em all :) I'm like a freakin' fangirl sometimes, I swear.

i could never get a tattoo of Green Day. it's just something beyond me; maybe when i was twelve or thirteen i would want to get one, but not right now. i've decided tattoos are only to be used for deceased family members.

That totally counts dude. You're a VET!

It does?! Fuck yeah! Awesome times, hearing those songs on the radio, I wish I had heard more of them, I only ever remember hearing Come Around', Good Riddance and Warning :(

Then many years latter (2004) I heard American Idiot, and bought my first GD album.

i used to "jam" to Brain Stew when i was two. my family all likes Green Day as a unit. my dad also likes other bands such as Pink Floyd, The Who, U2, and Bob Marley. well, me liking Bob Marley as a child and remembering Jammin', i would bounce my head up and down. so one time i can remember my mom asking me to "jam" to Brain Stew, so i was thrashing my head all over and they recorded it on video. so my headbanging was immortalized.

:lol: That's an awesome story :happy: I think it's great how they've influenced so many people to get into different kinds of music. That'd be a great job to have.

how tats you got? and what will your GD tat be of?

I've thought over and over about putting some notes from 'She' somewhere on my body, but never have. That's my favorite song :) But me and my best friend (who is also a member on here FINALLY since today lol) got matching tats last April, riiiiight before we went to see the FHT. We got Kerplunk daisies, mine on my ankle, hers on her wrist. I absolutely love it.

Thats pretty awesome! :lol:

I like this thread, there's this feeling of happiness to it

:happy: You're right. I like it, too. It's a lot of fun to talk w/ other older green Day fans. Most of this forum is WAY young, ya know? It's really fun and rare to get to talk to so many of them in a thread.

The music notes are kinda special, cuz not everyone knows what they mean, lol. Every time I show it off, I think

I DECLARE I DON'T CARE NO NO MORE!

The Kerplunk daisies are cool.

I just gotta get like one of the most original Green Day tattoos, I wanna get cartoons of the band with logos n shit from different eras. If I get it done, I'll deff post a picture.

I like this thread, there's this feeling of happiness to it

:D well i am glad i made a thread of happiness

Hooray for Kerpunk tattoos. I've had people see the girl a buncha times at my job and they're like "That's the most interesting tattoo I've ever seen" (which it's most certainly is not) not knowing it's from the cover. Only like two people have ever known what it was and they were both in bands.

Archived