Veterans of Green Day

SynthwaveTrooper

Here is a Special Thread for us vets that been around forever during the "Dookie" era or maybe even before.... share the good old times for the youngin of the Community. It's Story tellin' time, gather around now!

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a Special Thread for us vets that been around forever during the "Dookie" era or maybe even before.... share the good old times for the youngin of the Community. It's Stpry tell time, gather around now!

AWESOME TOPIC!!!

Remember the Bookmobile for touring? That was classic.

How bout when Insomniac came out and Geek Stink Breath had a warning before it played, because of the tooth getting pulled.

Here is a Special Thread for us vets that been around forever during the "Dookie" era or maybe even before.... share the good old times for the youngin of the Community. It's Stpry tell time, gather around now!

Vets=Old heads like us. Yeh dude, I have tons of great memories of the Dookie era. I remember everyone freaking out at my middle school dance when they played "Longview" uncensored (this was a Catholic school). That was great. They were insanely huge then. Everyone had Green Day patches on their bags and had that cd. I remember seeing the video for "When I Come Around" and pulling the phone off the hooks at my school just like Billie Joe did. How impressoniable I was!

YES YES YES YES YES :woot:

I was just thinking we need a thread like this for the old farts :lol:

AWESOME! :D

Vets=Old heads like us. Yeh dude, I have tons of great memories of the Dookie era. I remember everyone freaking out at my middle school dance when they played "Longview" uncensored (this was a Catholic school). That was great. They were insanely huge then. Everyone had Green Day patches on their bags and had that cd. I remember seeing the video for "When I Come Around" and pulling the phone off the hooks at my school just like Billie Joe did. How impressoniable I was!

Oh shit, I went to Catholic school too and I remember Longview gettin played, lol. CLASSIC!!!

This thread can stay open but I am going to annihilate the spelling error in the thread title with extreme prejudice.

AWESOME TOPIC!!!

How bout when Insomniac came out and Geek Stink Breath had a warning before it played, because of the tooth getting pulled.

Man, my mom completely hated that video. I found it fascinating, but she hated it. Hated the song too. "...picking scabs off my faaace..." Yeah, that was REAL popular w/ all the moms of the day, I'm sure lol

This thread can stay open but I am going to annihilate the spelling error in the thread title with extreme prejudice.

Have your way with it, John. Have your way.

the year was 1992 and i was over at my cousins house (she was babysitting me) and she had this record playing, the raw amazing sound was coming from the speakers, it was "Paper Lanterns", as she was jamming out (bouncing all over the room), all i could do was sit there and listen... and thats when heard the awesomeness of a band called Green Day. Everytime i would over there i would ask her to put them on.

After months of listening to GD, she gave me 2 cassett tapes of "39 smooth" & "Kerplunk". When Dookie came out, thats when i bought my first Green Day album. :). I shall share more through out the thread.

AWESOME TOPIC!!!

Oh man the Bookmobile was awesome!

HAHA! I Loved that Video, so amazing! so dark also.

You guys are so lucky........

It's not that hard to cram in 13 years worth of music if you really try.

the year was 1992 and i was over at my cousins house (she was babysitting me) and she had this record playing, the raw amazing sound was coming from the speakers, it was "Paper Lanterns", as she was jamming out (bouncing all over the room), all i could do was sit there and listen... and thats when heard the awesomeness of a band called Green Day. Everytime i would over there i would ask her to put them on.

After months of listening to GD, she gave me 2 cassett tapes of "39 smooth" & "Kerplunk". When Dookie came out, thats when i bought my first Green Day album. :). I shall share more through out the thread.

Awesome discovery. I would have loved to have heard Slappy Hours and Kerplunk before Dookie but like most kids then didn't find out til Dookie went huge. I got into the earlier stuff in high school and was absolutely obsessed. I used to just sit in my room wih those albums on and get lost in it. Paper Lanterns in particular is one of my favorite tracks and really hit me when I was in 9th grade.

i wanted to make this thread a long time ago, but a certain douchebag mod swiftly led the charge boldly stating, "how about no.", "this is a big no.", "Billy you're a douchebag, no.", "My jewfro is awesome, no.", "no.", "no.", "i jizzed in my pants, no.", "no." "never.", and "no."

i wanted to make this thread a long time ago, but a certain douchebag mod swiftly led the charge boldly stating, "how about no.", "this is a big no.", "Billy you're a douchebag, no.", "My jewfro is awesome, no.", "no.", "no.", "i jizzed in my pants, no.", "no." "never.", and "no."

This is not the bitch moan and whine thread either.

I know. I mean still...it would have been awesome to be there.

And

Andres D:<

Awesome discovery. I would have loved to have heard Slappy Hours and Kerplunk before Dookie but like most kids then didn't find out til Dookie went huge. I got into the earlier stuff in high school and was absolutely obsessed. I used to just sit in my room wih those albums on and get lost in it. Paper Lanterns in particular is one of my favorite tracks and really hit me when I was in 9th grade.

Paper Lanterns is a Fav with Oldies.

Lol i was at a Middle School dance and they played Basket Case and wow... everyone got life into them and thats when we started to party.

Man, my mom completely hated that video. I found it fascinating, but she hated it. Hated the song too. "...picking scabs off my faaace..." Yeah, that was REAL popular w/ all the moms of the day, I'm sure lol

Have your way with it, John. Have your way.

The thing that's actually crazy about Geek Stink Breath is it's fuckin true, I was actually recording (Rap) out in The Bay of Cali and my producer at the time was on meth, it was awful, but I know it's big in Cali, esp, The Bay.

I was sitting in the floor, at my brother's apartment, watching MTV when a new, very pretty (to me haha) video came on. I remember being completely captivated by the drugged out drummer's blue eyes :lol:

And that's when it began. It was instant. I bought 'Dookie' almost immediately.

You guys are so lucky........

:) I do feel so.

stay out!!

I'm not even allowed to post here.

:lol:

But it's impossible to cram in 13 years of memories... if that's what you mean...

ooooh, I'm a'laughin'! :lol: :lol:

lol true.

But its all about being in that era of music explosion.

I remember sitting around at this place we used to call "Extended Day" (kind of like a Boys & Girls Club for Catholic school kids, like myself) and my buddy Dave used to have this old school CD, the case was cloth, and it was 39 smooth. The teachers used to get PISSED when we'd play Knowledge.

I would've loved to have heard them, too. But I live in Bum Fucked Alabama, and didn't even know such music existed. I only knew Blitzkrieg Bop because of National Lampoon's Vacation :lol: Green Day opened all those punk doors for me, doors to ALL KINDS of music. They have been a big, influential part of my life and memories. That's why I love them so much, and a lot of people can't understand that.

Hence why I spend so much time here lol

Paper Lanterns is a Fav with Oldies.

Paper Lanterns is the fuckin shit!!!! I love that song.

How about when you reached the age to figure out what most of the tracks were about and shit. Like smoking pot and shit. I loved Christie Road but had no clue it was about pot until I started smoking it, lol.

Archived