Article mentions Green Day's Song Jawbreaker?

J'net

Just found this article dated today with some interesting references to Billie Joe and Adeline records. It also mentions Green Day's song Jawbreaker. Am I missing something?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe they meant Shoplifter?

i mean, they have to be stupid to hear it wrong in the first place, but still...

probably a mistake; but look, our boy is an inspiration! :wub: [i know it happends a lot, but oh!]

Yes, I always enjoy reading about how any of our boys inspire others. They inspire me on a regular basis!

Ya know what...I'd say that they played a Green Day cover and a cover by the band Jawbreaker and the journo got a bit confused...

Ya know what...I'd say that they played a Green Day cover and a cover by the band Jawbreaker and the journo got a bit confused...

probably :happy:

That sounds like a reasonable solution. When I first read the article, I was wondering if there might be a GD song I'd never heard, but then I thought ... Jawbreaker? ... nah ... I just can't see that being the name of a GD song :lol: .

Guest TwoDollarMellie

Well, sometimes, articles/websites credit bands that produced or worked with a specific song.

Like I was on this movie info page one day, and it put "Green Day" under the song "Private Hell" (by Iggy Pop, but Green Day collaborated).

I dunno. Or maybe they mistook if for JAR? Or it could be a new Green Day song, I mean, it wouldn't be too unusual, although I dunno how they would use that in the lyrics.

My thoughts exactly, hah.

Jawbreaker - Boxcar = Green Day - She's A Rebel

They do sound alike. So She's A Rebel is a ripoff of Boxcar? Haha.

They do sound alike. So She's A Rebel is a ripoff of Boxcar? Haha.

It did come first, yes, and was produced by Rob Cavallo.

Jawbreaker - Boxcar = Green Day - She's A Rebel

Holy crap they do sound alot alike. Especially the beginning.

Archived