New Green Day sounds like Muse Knights Of Cydonia?

yossarianlives

Hello, sorry for lack of introductions, but I find myself very excited at the thought of new Green Day material after watching that new studio video on YouTube! These guys reckon the last bit sounds like Muse Knights Of Cydonia - has anyone else picked up on that? American Idiot stuff was epic sounding, maybe new stuff will be even more so.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/gre...utch-vig-177398

"One eager-eared MusicRadar hack thinks the last five seconds sound a bit like Muse's Knights Of Cydonia. While another points out that it's a common time signature, and actually sounds rather like Queen."

Not sure about Queen - LOL!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm sure that they wont sound like anyone else but themselves. they don't sound like muse to me.

That's an interesting idea, I love Knights Of Cydonia!

I can't hear the resemblence, but I know what you mean about the little Green Day clip sounding epic. It reminds me of American Idiot in that respect - not that it sounds the same, but that it sounds really ambitious. I know it's only a tiny clip, but that's what I picked up from it.

Now everyone's gonna tell you this should go in the thread at the top of the page :D

Not sure they sound like muse...I like muse though...They've always seemed to have their own style always quite epic and in-your-face sort of thing.well,that's what i think anyway

^Hell yeah, Muse are amazing! They sound like they come from another galaxy.

Yeah, I don't actually think they sound like Muse either. What i'm saying is that they have been moving to a more epic sound (especially American Idiot tracks) and they might even go furtehr down that line. Muse are the most epic sounding band I know at the moment.

Green Day certainly are unique, though. A Muse/Green Day crossover could be awesome!

^meh,i think Green day are better than muse,I'm not that much of a muse fan.However,I do like their music.American Idiot was epic,the lyrics were awesome!Oh and Hermy,why is it we seem to have really similar tastes?

^Because we're both fantastically awesome :banana:

Muse are my second favourite band, after Green Day. They're wonderful.

I'm not fond of Muse, honestly. I won't deny they're very unique and talented, but the sound and stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

HOWEVER, I do agree that the third clip in that video sounded epic. That was seriously my first thought when I saw it.

:o Everyone needs to stop dissing the Muse. Matt Bellamy is an alien from outer space, and he will strike you down with his magical powers of epic guitar playing and singing :mad:

Just because the vid is basic strumming, it doesn't mean it can't sound as if it'll turn out epically. It doesn't necessarily have to be technically complicated to be a big, epic sound when it's finished.

No. :mad:

I reserve my right to diss whoever I like. That includes fucking Moose. fuckin gay ass overrated DRINK! GIRLS!

:o Everyone needs to stop dissing the Muse. Matt Bellamy is an alien from outer space, and he will strike you down with his magical powers of epic guitar playing and singing :mad:

Just because the vid is basic strumming, it doesn't mean it can't sound as if it'll turn out epically. It doesn't necessarily have to be technically complicated to be a big, epic sound when it's finished.

Totally agree with that last bit. And I love Muse, too.

I'm not sure if this sounds much like Muse to be honest - it didn't strike me that way when I heard it.

There's only so much "Epicness" that can come from a simple style of playing. I really hope Green Day tries a different formula. Maybe put some thought into their music. A.I was a little bit better, musically, so maybe they've just gotten better since then.

Muse still blows, though. :ninja:

I completely agree. It wasn't that it was complex, it was the sound that gave it that epic vibe.

oh and for the record....

Fuck complexity.

Complex music is amazing. True musicianship shining through. I don't necessarily mean complex in terms of arrangement, just the actual though put into the music. Most Green Day songs, and song in the similar area of music, just bore me. There's nothing to it. It's like Rock N' Roll for kiddies. But, that's just how I feel about it.

As long as it doesn't sound as shitty as the Clash, we're good.

I really don't see how that video points to anything "epic," it was short, crappy quality, and basic stuff. Those three things don't point to epic to my book.

Oh no you didn't. :o

======Belt=======

As long as it doesn't sound as shitty as the Clash, we're good.

^Because we're both fantastically awesome :banana:

Muse are my second favourite band, after Green Day. They're wonderful.

we sure are :banana: My list 1.Green day 2.sex pistols 3.the ramones

on topic,the clip was just basic chord strumming,billie must've have only being playing powerchords or something.but music doesn't need to complex to sound good.it wasn't epic(yet,should be when it's done though)

Archived