What was the the first Green Day song you listened to?

jose armstrong

I think it was American Idiot. Of course i like their older songs better.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basket case,but I really didn't know that they were the makers of that song.

But the first song I listened to as Green day was Boulevard of broken dreams.

:lol: I like the part where you call BJ a small man with black hair.

Me too :lol:

First song was Minority.

First video was Minority.

I remember, it was st.patricks day as well. I was around 6 - 7.

I saw them playing american idiot on a music show in 2005 and they've been my favourite band ever since :D

:blink:

how that??

well my mom said me yesterday.i was listening to it on my 1039...and she said almost crying that she'll never forget that song.it was on the radio while i was born,she said so...i'm a really GREEN DAY BORN!haha :lol:

• 2 months later...

I first listened to WMUWSE.

I'm pretty sure the first music video I watched was either Blvd of Broken Dreams or American Idiot.

i asked to my mom. she was listening green day from first album 39/smooth.

and she said you listened 2000 light years away first when im 1 year old

Wake me up when september ends, at the radio.

Before i hardly heared of Green Day, but they aren't very known or popular here (i guess, i haven't been really into music since a couple of years).

But WMUWSE got me into Green Day.

And it was too the first music video, because i looked it up on youtube :happy:

i think the 1st one wouldve been time of your life or nice guys finish last.But i didnt really knew it was green day singing it(i was 6 or 7 at time) so than i heard some stuff from warning but it was one or 2 songs but i still didnt know it was green day and with American Idiot i got all theyr stuff and it brought back some pleasent (spelling?) memories and than GD officialy became my favorite band

grr... I don't know!!! :blink: I just know that when I was younger .. My mom and dad have the album Dookie since the year the album came out.. I think.... so.. One of the dookie songs! But .. I DON'T REMEMBER OF IT! :mad:

I know it sounds like BS but my dad said he used to play 1039 & Kerplunk around me all the time when I was a baby! Obviously I don't remember any of it, but it's probably the reason why so many songs sounded familiar when I listened to them later on in life...like when I heard Longview later on, it sounded SO familiar! But I couldn't pin it...until my dad put Dookie on while washing the dishes. Then I was like :o HEY!!!

The first video I can clearly remember watching is Minority...that and Warning. My cousins & I would sit and say how neat the Minority video was, and how sick the Warning vid was :lol:

I also had my first little 'rebellion' against my mom when I was listening to Minority (I must've been 10 or 11 at the time). I knew all the words and was singing it under my breath while it was playing, then my mom came upstairs and looked at me and said 'I hope you're not singing this' then went back downstairs and I went 'FUCK them all' really loud :lol:

^^^ GD was one of my first few acts of 'rebellion', too lol

My first video I ever saw was of Basket Case. I was sitting in my brother's apt, in the floor, in front of the tv, and it came on. I didn't know who they were, and I finally had a face and name to put to this song that I'd heard. And the video was so effing cool. I remember thinking, 'WOW that guy w/ the blue eyes is adorable!' (being Tre') and that started the whole thing, back in 1994. I was 14 :) Life was never the same after that :lol:

I bought Dookie and my mom was fairly disgusted and didn't want me to keep it... Now she sings along! haha

^I remember the Basket Case video from when I was 8, and then I saw it randomly over the years when I was at people who had MTV's houses. I remember thinking it was cool every time I saw it, but because I wasn't into rock music at all, I never investigated Green Day any further until years later - how silly of me!

I also remember being really intrigued by Billie Joe's face every time I saw the video, it was so interesting I couldn't take my eyes off it :lol:. Must've been a sign for the future. But again, after the video was over I just forgot about it for years and years :pinch:

^ Of course! And I'm very glad about that :happy:

The most annoying thing is when Warning came out a mate of mine kept going on about how amazing Green Day were and saying I should check them out, and I wouldn't listen to him. D'oh!!

i think it was boulevard of broken dreams or wake me up when september ends at the radio.

The first songs was When I Come Around on the radio, but I think I was just 5 (it was not the time when the song came out) and didn't know it was Green Day. Holiday was my first video. I remember that I was real fascinated by the 'girl' at the bar. :lol:

Guest LusciousZ

I was about 5. My mom took me to see her friend play at a battle of the bands type show. I remember it because it was in a lecture hall at the university of washington. Kind of a strange place for a show. Her friend played Welcome To Paradise on acoustic guitar and after the show my mom asked him who the band was that did the song... so she bought Dookie and we both fell in love with green day & have been listening ever since.

Archived