"Booze Lobby Targets Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong"

farley drexel hatcher

fair enough.

we can always photoshop that & color it orange anyway.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a picture of Fink, superimpose it into a community service picture.

XD

I don't think Billie got off too lightly, I just happen to not care if someone wants to use his mugshot.

Bollocks.

It'd be an infringement of my right to life if some cunt had too much booze and decided they were safe enough to drive a car, end up crashing and kill me. Drink driving is something that should be punishable by more than just a fine as it is willingly committed, putting every other person's (pedestrian or driver) life at risk.

Way to take what I said out of context. I wasn't talking about a right to drive drunk, I was talking about the right to not get pulled over for no reason, and the right to not have compulsory breathalizers in your fucking car.

I did not say you have the right to drive drunk.

Oh Boy! To all of you that has taken my statement - I am going to take up drink driving in protest - sooo seriously. Relax and have a drink, of course I am not gonna do that. But it's great that some of you believed it I just hope some of that organisation would believe it! Then they might reconsider the way they use people!

As for comparing drink driving to a parking ticket well of course drink driving is more serious but that is not the point - the point is no one is perfect we all make mistakes some bigger than others and once we pay for our mistakes we shouldn't be made to keep paying for them time and time again years later!

And as of what Billie Joe would think of my statement - well that just makes me laugh, I am punk, loud and proud, and I was a punk before Green Day

came on the scene, I was a punk before I met Green Day and I don't think Billie Joe would give it too much of thought! Love your work Netty, you are truely a committed fan so I hope I haven't offended you.

Much Respect!

That is pretty stupid. I mean, he had one DUI from 5 years ago. There are plenty of better examples they could've used.

I don't think Billie got off too lightly, I just happen to not care if someone wants to use his mugshot.

Way to take what I said out of context. I wasn't talking about a right to drive drunk, I was talking about the right to not get pulled over for no reason, and the right to not have compulsory breathalizers in your fucking car.

I did not say you have the right to drive drunk.

So you think the very small inconvenience (if implemented correctly) of the breathelyzer to start your car is not worth all the lives it would save? I'm sure you'd think the same if it was your parents that were killed by a drunk driver.

Oh Boy! To all of you that has taken my statement - I am going to take up drink driving in protest - sooo seriously. Relax and have a drink, of course I am not gonna do that. But it's great that some of you believed it I just hope some of that organisation would believe it! Then they might reconsider the way they use people!

As for comparing drink driving to a parking ticket well of course drink driving is more serious but that is not the point - the point is no one is perfect we all make mistakes some bigger than others and once we pay for our mistakes we shouldn't be made to keep paying for them time and time again years later!

And as of what Billie Joe would think of my statement - well that just makes me laugh, I am punk, loud and proud, and I was a punk before Green Day

came on the scene, I was a punk before I met Green Day and I don't think Billie Joe would give it too much of thought! Love your work Netty, you are truely a committed fan so I hope I haven't offended you.

Much Respect!

Ok, I'm not normally this rude, but....Shut up.

So you think the very small inconvenience (if implemented correctly) of the breathelyzer to start your car is not worth all the lives it would save? I'm sure you'd think the same if it was your parents that were killed by a drunk driver.

There are so many ways that could be abused or mess up. It's not practical at all.

What Billie did ain't cool, but people shouldn't write articles like that. :lol:

I mean, its stupid.

There's so many other people who drink and drive.

but oh well. I don't really care.

(that mug shot is hilarious by the way. :lol: )

ya

I love how everyone in this thread has assumed that Billie Joe only did this once because he was only caught once. Like he couldn't have done it dozens more times since then and not been caught.

You could say that about anyone who's ever driven a car though! He can only be judged on what he has been caught doing.

However many times he's done it I don't think it should be up to the media to decide when he's been punished enough. Unless he's been sentenced to do anti-drink driving work as part of community service he's a free man and doesn't owe anyone anything. It should be illegal to hound people in this way when they've already served their sentence.

American Beverage Institute huh, they sound unbiased and objective.

I'm all for putting in interlock's in every person's car after their first offense. I think thats currently the law here in New Mexico.

Actually, here's a quote from the state law

"The offender shall operate only those vehicles equipped with ignition interlock devices for:

(1) a period of one year, for a first offender;

(2) a period of two years, for a second conviction pursuant to this section;

(3) a period of three years, for a third conviction pursuant to this section; or

(4) the remainder of the offender's life, for a fourth or subsequent conviction pursuant to this section. "

sounds good to me.

As for Billie's photo, it seems kind of shitty that the American Beverage Institute is using celebrities to support what they're saying. Though, i guess i'm not really seeing how using celebrities is helping their "cause".

^I'd never heard of those devices before. They sound like a brilliant idea to me.

What that group is saying is that people should be against laws that require those to be in "responsible drinkers" cars. Which makes sense, but since it's coming from the companies that make the alcohol, you know they're against the idea of anything that would tell people to drink less.

Thats why this seems fishy to me.

Read this to get more info about this group

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title...erage_Institute

At least his not just a regular drunk driver, he's a hXc drunk driver.

I really don't see the problem.

and I doubt there would be one if it was somebody else.

I just don't agree with the idea of humiliating someone who has committed a crime whether it is thought they deserve it or could handle it or not. It's not a civilised way to handle those who commit crime in my opinion. They should be punished through legal process and then be free to go on with their lives undisturbed.

I just don't agree with the idea of humiliating someone who has committed a crime whether it is thought they deserve it or could handle it or not. It's not a civilised way to handle those who commit crime in my opinion. They should be punished through legal process and then be free to go on with their lives undisturbed.

Agreed :happy:

This is totally irrelevant, but what is your view on Maxine Carr?

Would you apply that to paedophiles and rapists? Should they be left to get on with their lives after prison, or should people be informed that there is a potentially dangerous person in their area?

We evidently had the same thought! :lol:

She should be strung up. If she's going to live outside of prison, give her a shack on one of those remote Scottish islands.

The one that covered for Ian Huntley?

Don't think she should have gotten a whole new identity and shit. Didn't deserve it.

It's not totally irrelevant, it's a very good point. I have to go out soon but when I come in drunk tonight I'll comment on this if I remember. :D

Machsheen *hic* Carrssh a ... a. .. *uurrrrpppp* BITCH! Yeaah, fuck...fucken...BITCH!!! *hic* Letsh kill her! *hic* *hic* *hic* UhooohHHHHHH*blaaargh!*

:D

Would you apply that to paedophiles and rapists? Should they be left to get on with their lives after prison, or should people be informed that there is a potentially dangerous person in their area?

We evidently had the same thought! :lol:

She should be strung up. If she's going to live outside of prison, give her a shack on one of those remote Scottish islands.

I think the problem is with the judicial system.

The answer is that paedophiles and rapists should be given much tougher sentences. IF they are ever allowed out they should be monitered extremely closely for the rest of their lives and have much tighter restrictions than they do now.

The answer is NOT to allow some kind of lynch mob to go after anyone. The criminal justice system alone should deal with criminals, not a vigilante mob. Society shouldn't lower itself to the criminal's level.

My view on Maxine Carr is that she should have got a longer sentence, but she didn't, so realistically no one can do anything about that. People should direct their anger at the government and campaign for more just sentences if they want to take action.

Also, I just want to point out there is a difference between someone commiting a crime like drunk driving who is mentally stable, and someone like a paedophile who has an incurable mental illness, so you can't really compare the two.

Archived