What if Green Day never came back?

justcause

Honestly I like more how Green Day sounds hehe...I mean, FHT is cool and all but I prefer the GD's soul..... to me even being the same guys, the music is totally different.

In fact, if I just was in some place and listend FHT without to know nothing, I would enjoy but not to feel so excited about as I feel knowing who they are..... When I first listened them, I already had heard about the rumors they were GD, so I was totally influenced.....what in some way is good, because I 'found' the guys there in those musics and I can 'feed' myself while they don't play as GD hehehe....So it was like that....I enjoy the sounds a lot but I miss something....

If they just change to be 'another' band, well its their way.... for sure I will try to find what I found on 'GD' in this new band hehe....or maybe even to love them more, who knows?? :P

Im waiting for Green Day anyway :)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I really don't think their age matters too much anyway.

If people don't want to listen to them because they're older, that's just really stupid. It has no influence over whether or not the guys have talent. I mean, I think the older people get in the music industry, the more impressive it is. It means they have longevity. It means they've been good enough to stick around all this time and made enough of an impact to still be relevent, and still garner new fans.

I mean, if you heard their song on the radio and liked it (Not knowing who Green Day is), and decided to check them out and find out more, and you saw their age- would it really make a difference? I kinda think not.

As long as they have something to say and continue to make the quality of music that they do, I don't think their age will really matter to anyone except maybe some 11-12 year olds going through a phase or whatever anyway.

^

i know that's the way things should be, but their label might think that they're better off letting all the other records ride because their marketing money won't do any good with a new crowd.

You know, I really don't think their age matters too much anyway.

If people don't want to listen to them because they're older, that's just really stupid. It has no influence over whether or not the guys have talent. I mean, I think the older people get in the music industry, the more impressive it is. It means they have longevity. It means they've been good enough to stick around all this time and made enough of an impact to still be relevent, and still garner new fans.

I mean, if you heard their song on the radio and liked it (Not knowing who Green Day is), and decided to check them out and find out more, and you saw their age- would it really make a difference? I kinda think not.

As long as they have something to say and continue to make the quality of music that they do, I don't think their age will really matter to anyone except maybe some 11-12 year olds going through a phase or whatever anyway.

*standing ovation*

couldn't have said it any better!

only in a body bag....

but in all seriousness, they've been in the business for almost 20 years now, and they deserve credit for being able to manage being in a band that long and being a stable unit. They have such a diverse array of fans that would surely miss them as much as the next person. Because no matter how many bands come and go, they will never be able to replace the sound that Green Day finish.

that looks like an optical illusion. is he stuck to the wall or is he standing on the edge?

He's supposed to be standing on the ledge, but yeah it does look like an illusion though.

THANKS FOR RUINING MY JOKE KELLY.

that looks like an optical illusion. is he stuck to the wall or is he standing on the edge?

i'm thinking...either one really. i guess that's the point of an optical illusion then?

and chances are, i wouldn't go so far as to jump off a ledge, but i would get pretty upset. i may fell ike jumping off an edge but still...

Some of you seem to want Green Day to live forever. It's fucking cruel. It's like those fucktards who want to keep people in vegetative states alive forever. Green Day is good now, but they won't always be. Face it guys, when they get in their 40's they're going to start spiraling downhill. And they'll end up like U2, together long past their time.

Am I the only one who hopes Green Day will break up and end their career with dignity?

Some of you seem to want Green Day to live forever. It's fucking cruel. It's like those fucktards who want to keep people in vegetative states alive forever. Green Day is good now, but they won't always be. Face it guys, when they get in their 40's they're going to start spiraling downhill. And they'll end up like U2, together long past their time.

Am I the only one who hopes Green Day will break up and end their career with dignity?

im not going to say i hope the break up.

but if and when they do, i don't want it to be dramatic and over-publicized. i just want them to go gracfully. like "lets just stop".

I just want them to end their career with dignity. That's all.

I don't want to see, 30 years later, teenagers saying they "like Green Day" and they don't even listen to the shit. Green Day will become one of those oldies bands that trendy motherfuckers will claim to like but never actually listen to. Like teens these days do with the Beatles or U2 or Led Zep.

Trust me, when you guys are getting up in age, you're going to be sickened by the dumbass teens you'll encounter. I'm already sickened, and I share the same age group.

you're going to be sickened by the dumbass teens you'll encounter. I'm already sickened, and I share the same age group.

oh believe me, i know the feeling. there's this girl that sits in front of me in class- tripp pants, the works- and i see the lyrics to "nobody likes you" written on/around her binder. so to let her know i could see it i started singing it. and she noticed.

but when i started singing welcome to paridise (i mean come on! even when i was a teenie i knew welcome to paridise!), she looked at me like "wtf?"

and then i mentioned FHT and she thought i was fucking insane.

that just pisses me off...

That would be the case if they were forcing albums out even though their hearts weren't in it. But I think music really is in their blood and they play it because they're not just inspired, but compelled to. I don't think it would be undignified for them to release music they were passionate about just because they were older. Hell, if anyone can maintain quality in their 40s it's these boys.

I think if they ever did lose their inspiration and interest in music they would recognise that and stop anyway, rather than forcing it and therefore 'spiralling downhill'. But that could happen at any time, age doesn't have to be a factor.

He's supposed to be standing on the ledge, but yeah it does look like an illusion though.

THANKS FOR RUINING MY JOKE KELLY.

welcome :D

Green Day sure does like their side projects. FHT is alright. And I have never heard a thing from The Network or Pinhead Gunpowder.

I'd rather they quit before they pull a Rolling Stones, I'm with John there.

Green Day sure does like their side projects. FHT is alright. And I have never heard a thing from The Network or Pinhead Gunpowder.

well, without GDA i wouldn't have known about TN & PHGP, but i hear about FHT all the time on our radio station. they're kind of hard to miss at this point unless you avoid anything that produces/promotes music.

but that's my opinion. im sure others have a different view on this, and i'll leave it at that.

but that's my opinion. im sure others have a different view on this, and i'll leave it at that.

Scared of arguements? Sorry, saying "that's my opinion" doesn't help you escape anything.

I've given about 20 minutes or less of my life to listening to FHT songs. And I have absolutely no desire to hear the Network at all.

And I have absolutely no desire to hear the Network at all.

Not missing much.

Archived