What if Green Day never came back?

justcause

there was a thing at the bottom on the screen of the nme channel.. and it was something like "a certain band may not come back anymore as the band they were..but under another alias" or somethng :o i thought of green day XD

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, and I'd go even further than that - like, if they add more musicians for a particular project, people don't start nit-picking and going 'it's not Green Day because whoeverthefuck is in there too'.

I just think we're in danger of becoming hidebound fucks with our definitions of what constitutes 'Green Day'. To me, 'brand' and 'band' don't belong in the same mindspace.

Just to clarify, what I quoted wasn't from Rolling Stone itself, it was a comment that followed the piece. I just wondered what people thought of it.

ah sorry. then i guess i'll change my quote to "Rolling Stone readers"

As long as they make music I like, they can do it under the name "The Boston Philharmonic" for all I care.

The GD spirit and sound would still come out in their music, just as in the song "Broadway." Take out the synthesizer and change the guitar sound, and it's a pure GD song.

I miss Green Day a lot. Hopefully it won't happen, but if it does that's just the way it goes. Nothing to do about it.

i want old green day back :((...i want the american idiot style..:((

How is that the old Green Day style?

Well, FHT=Green Day without the baggage. I'm just thinking, if you leave that baggage behind and it works for you, why would you pick it up again?

well, Green Day "is" Foxboro Hot Tubs!!!!

If they stayed as FHT, that would suck SO hard.

But it just ain't going to happen, thank christ.

If they stayed as FHT, that would suck SO hard.

But it just ain't going to happen, thank christ.

you never know :/

If Green Day never returns, I would rant and make them trash FBHT and be Green Day again. :(

If Green Day never returns, I would rant and make them trash FBHT and be Green Day again. :(

Yeah, cause that would definitely work.

If they kept on doing different stuff rather than pandering to their fans, I'd be happy regardless of their name.

Thing is....They'd be foolish not to return as Green Day.

They aren't fools.

Thing is....They'd be foolish not to return as Green Day.

They aren't fools.

Even if it was in between GD albums, such as Money Money 2020 and the Hot Tub one I'd be quite content.

If they never came back, well, life would go on I guess. The Network, FHT and all that wouldn't have worked if it weren't for Green Day; Green Day is the vehicle for these projects. I think they will come back, but yano, 4 years have passed since AI so if they didn't come back I guess it wouldn't make too much of a difference to me; I'd still have all the albums and stuff so where's the problem?

i'd wouldn't be so happy.. is not the same

i enjoy a LOT FHT.. but like it is now.. GD having fun and we too (:

They will come back ! Don't worry !

I think they can't leave Green Day for FHT ! There are the same persons for sur, but it's not the same thing ! It's different ! And i think that 'Green Day' is too much important for them to give up it !

But, anyway,if they will decided to separate, i think it would be the worst thing ever... :cry:

I don't really care to be honest as long as they still made music they were happy with, (AND TOURED) :D If i still loved the music then fine, i have up until now, and i seriously am glad the AI era is over, if and when GD come back hopefully that whole circus will be behind them, id like a return to the old days of just turning up in whatever they'd been wearing that day no gimmicks just kick ass music and shows.

I love Foxboro its fun, that type of musc is not something i expected of them but its great they are experimenting and opening up new channels which can only serve the next GD album. I also loved The Network again that was totally different from anything they'd done before.

Maybe Stop Drop and Roll is the next album, for now, didn't billie say they had 3 albums worth or stuff? Maybe we're going to be getting all 3 all under different names, one self titled GD like that thread last night suggested, after all next year is 20 years of Gd so why not have a self titled album on your anniversary, maybe just maybe this is where theyre currently at and instead of just binning or shelving sutff they are sharing it all with us regardless of the style and name.

You do realise that one day

hopefully in the very far future green day will be no more

they can't go on forever

that will be the saddest day ever

they can't go on forever

No it won't have some perspective, in life there are much more important things than Green Day, i love and adore them and would be sad if they split or called it a day but it wouldn't be at all the saddest day in my life by a long stretch and people on here know how much this band means to me.

they can't go on forever

:lol:

Reality is gonna be a HUGE shock for you!

they can't go on forever

THIS is what angers me about Green Day fans.

they can't go on forever

I disagree - they can go on forever, and I think the more flexible they are with how they put their work out, the more likely that is. The whole thing of a big build-up to an album and all the organizational and promotion stuff that it entails has gotta take away from the spontaneity that they talked about with Foxboro.

Even if it was in between GD albums, such as Money Money 2020 and the Hot Tub one I'd be quite content.

This is my feeling as well.

THIS is what angers me about Green Day fans.

You want to generalise a bit more there Jay?

Archived