What if Green Day never came back?

justcause

True, I guess I'm just flogging a dead horse and trying to remember the point of this thread in the first place.

haha

I think it was started to give us an opportunity to laugh at those whose worlds would fall apart if Green Day stopped.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's an article-

"John Lydon has hit out at Green Day calling them “plonk” and accusing them of stealing the term ‘punk’.

The former Sex Pistols front man says the US trio are a watered down version of the true punk ethos according to contactmusic.

He said: "Don't try and tell me Green Day are punk. They're not, they're plonk and they're bandwagoning on something they didn't come up with themselves. I think they are phony."

He added on the subject of the Sex Pistols battle with the establishment: "The government's against you, the police are on you. So there we are fending off all that and it pisses me off that years later a wank outfit like Green Day hop in and nick all that and attach it to themselves.”

"They didn't earn their wings to do that and if they were true punk they wouldn't look anything like they do." "

:lol: at this- "If they were punk they wouldn't look anything like they do"

I have heard numerous other examples of him slagging them off. He has also said if they were punk they'd still be driving around in a bookmobile! This is coming from a man who lives in LA and went on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

Sad old man much?

Fuck me, he rules so friggin much.

I love the last line in John's sig =D

I agree with Rotten. Green Day aren't punk. They're punk rock. I'm kidding, I'm kidding...

LYDON49.JPG

How is this not good looking? :o

mwah, god, how could I have missed a hunk like that. :huh:

I agree with Rotten. Green Day aren't punk. They're punk rock. I'm kidding, I'm kidding...

hahaha

Phwoar-

john_lydon_ap_131225a.jpg

The pic does him justice, right?

I think it's clear to see that this thread ran its course some time ago and has now migrated to Spamville.

Archived