What Green Day song reminds you of something significant that happened in your life?

Guest TwoDollarMellie

Guest TwoDollarMellie

I'm not sure if someone posted this question up before...

Do any Green Day songs remind of you something special? It doesnt have to be something big like a wedding or graduation, just anything.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Espionage and Tired Of Waiting For You remind me of being in the car on the way to Portrush (I had the whole album playing in the car) and not just the songs, but the whole albums Nimrod and Warning remind me of the tiny record store in Newcastle a couple of years go, where I bought them. I'd only ever been in HMV and Virgin Megastore, so to see a little shop like that was so cool.

And also Are We The Waiting brings me back to in the car outside Connswater Shopping Centre...it was the day I got American Idiot and that was the first song I heard that I hadn't heard before. :P

Coming Clean makes me think of coming out to my parents as a teen and how they never understood or accepted it.

Wake Me Up When September Ends hits home because I lost my mom to cancer when I was 19.

WMUWSE reminds me of my grandma dying. I was listening to it on the way home after she passed away and tears were just streaming down my face. In fact that song came on the radio last night and my daughter remembered that.

2,000 Light Years Away reminds me of this guy that I still liked who moved back to Denmark last year.

WMUWSE reminds me of my grandfather who died (although he didn't die in September).

yeah, "coming clean" kinda suits me right now........and these old lovesongs I'd sit and listen to all through the night, like "2,000 light years away" and "only of you" and "going to pasalacqua"....when I felt myself falling in love, and kept falling deeper and deeper for such a long time.......and "wake me up when september ends"....an old friend of mine died in a car accident on september 19th, 2006.....then just about to turn 18

Longview reminds me of my childhood bc that's when I first heard it. WICA reminds me of when my sister and I would go cruising in her car and she'd have it on blast. There's others.

redundant. each time i hear "now i cannot speak, i've lost my voice, i'm speechless and redundant 'cause i love you's not enough, i'm lost for words.." i shatter :[

everything in that song reminds me about how i fell in love with my best friend, who stupid me got into a fight with. now he's long gone, different school and blahblah..

oh, and jesus of suburbia. everything from bad to worse keeps happening at home, and i'm starting to relate more and more to it.

whatsername-when I saw some guy (ex one) on the street after few years...

and 2000 light years away-guy from some city far away from me =/

When I was in a car coming home from the beach years ago, Minority was on the radio, back then I was quite young so I didn't know it was Green Day, but I looked the song up and started loving the band. So Minority reminds me of the beach. :D

Unfortunately, Time Of Your Life reminds me a bad event. Before that thing happenned i loved that song but now when i listen it, it just ruins the rest of my day.

i'm still not over what happened eventhough it's been almost two years :(

"Paper Lanterns" reminds me of an incident that happened between me & an old friend.

After it happened, we both just kind of... drifted apart. We never talk and I don't see him as much as I used to before.

only of you.. it reminds me of one of the best times of my life. last summer.

Going To Pasalacqua and Redundant remind me when I was in love.

and the AI album reminds me when I was doing a reality show with my sister...

Jeses Of Suburbia, Homecoming, Coming Clean, Are We The waiting, Don't Wanna Fall In Love... There are so many songs by Green Day that describe me and my life

Gonna sound so corny but Good Riddance, it reminds me of my graduation from elementary school.

Gonna sound so corny but Good Riddance, it reminds me of my graduation from elementary school.

Good Riddance will come in June when my class teacher leaves us

*HUGS*

I love hugs....

Another one is Shoplifter.. It reminds me of the time I was with my friend at Wal*Mart, and he stole some PSP games that were sitting out on the clearance rack.

When I Come Around - reminds me of when I would rock my baby son to sleep at 1am while watching Video Hits and this song would come on. Great beat to rock a baby to, and it was when I first heard about Green Day. I knew there had to be some reason babies cry their lungs out in the middle of the night ... so you can discover great new bands on late night video shows! :lol::lol:

Archived