New Green Day Cover Band On Youtube

alexandrez

Hey. I don't usually post here, but i read a lot and i can say that i spend too much of my time here.

hahahaaha

I think some people here already know me. I'm that dude from youtube who covers green day songs on drums. my nickname is the same as my nickname here and i have an electronic drumset.

Anyways, I've always wanted to do like a collaboration video covering a green day song. when i was searching for people to do it, i came across this awesome bass player (his youtube username is thecool12). we were simply talking about a few collaboration videos and stuff.. but suddenly an idea stroke my brain: "fuck the collaboration video, let's form a green day cover band via youtube!". We were really exited with the idea, and we have been searching for a guitarist/singer for a while now without any results, until he said:" hey, why don't we just post a video and tell people about it". so here we are, searching for a guitarist/singer to be a part of our band. this is the link to the video we did (cover of Christie road): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Yq9e9Zlbg we are still not sure what positions we will have in our band (if its guitarist/singer, or a guitarist and a singer, if we are gonna need 2 guitar players, etc.) so if you wanna be a part of this:

1-film and upload a video with you playing guitar and/or singing to our version of christie road on your youtube account.

2- send an email with the link of your video to youtubeguitarists@hotmail.com .

we will accept entries until Sunday, 24th of June.

we will look through the videos and choose the winner(s).

please, we are only searching for guitarists and singers, don't bother if you are a drummer or a bassist.

thanx a lot for your time. i really hope to see a lot of people uploading their videos!!

EDIT:

First off, i wanted to apologize for taking such a long time to announce the winner. But i thought that a video would show all the reasons we choose Fabio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ6TidtHroA

So now that the band is formed (alexandrez aka Alex, thecool12 aka Joe and fabionei aka Fabio) we will make a new youtube account so all of us 3 can access and answer questions and comments and post our videos. so stay tuned for that. we will also decide a name for the band. if you have any suggestions, feel free to post it here.

thanks for everybody who sent in a video!

EDIT:

Our youtube page is up and running. www.youtube.com/noboundriesband

yea, our name is No Boundries.

fabio came up with it.

anways, thanks a lot for your time!

EDIT:

Basketcase is up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7vRQ-K7y4g

go watch it!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will never be the same as the REAL Green Day. :dry:

haha

i know. but i figured it would be really fun to watch. and even more to do it.

XD

haha! Sounds like a fun idea :P I would join if I knew how to properly play the guitar or had a voice that sounded better than a crow with a bad cold :)

Cool idea. Good luck with that. Unfortunately i don't play any instruments or i would apply! :P

Sounds like fun. Good luck with that. I hope you find someone.

Sorry but I'm too lazy busy now to apply. :D

WOW

i think it's a great idea))...good luck....unfortunately i can't play guitar...((

Cool idea

i would, but....I've never tried singing and playin that the same time really. And I've certainly never recorded myself.

But good luck and such and such.

It will never be the same as the REAL Green Day. :dry:

Really? :o

I can sing and play most Green Day songs. Waiting and Welcome to Paradise are the ones I do best, but I can also do American Idiot, Longveiw, Brainstew, All The Time, and Good Riddance pretty well. I'll send a video as soon as I find my camera lol.

cool idea. but you also gotta make sure the winner lives in at least within a 20 mile radius or sumthing.

cool idea. but you also gotta make sure the winner lives in at least within a 20 mile radius or sumthing.

No, they just combine the videos they've made via the internet. There are no get togethers on anything like that. Watch the video he posted.

No, they just combine the videos they've made via the internet. There are no get togethers on anything like that. Watch the video he posted.

Oh...... Ok. If you need someone to play wake me up wen set ends im here though!

Damn when i seen the words "Green Day and new" I almost had a spazz attack then i realised it was just a cover band

...:\

Now i wish you bad luck

haha

just messing

I would help, but i am an almighty shit, musically!!

Awsome idea

I would record myself singing but

unfortunitly I don't have a video camera :/

I am so fuckin giddy I can't stand it.

I broke my camera today while fimlming my entrie.

and they are ok

but it was wicked funn I'm gonna have 2 entries. one for just guitar and one for singing and guitar.

I know I can do the guitar totally easy. cake

I havent been this excited since the last contest

sounds fun..but its not the real Green Day..

dude I have seen a group that calls them selves the worlds best green day cover band and the whole time I was just thinking I could do better. and these guys are already better

so it's the next best thing

I am so fuckin giddy I can't stand it.

dude I have seen a group that calls them selves the worlds best green day cover band and the whole time I was just thinking I could do better. and these guys are already better

so it's the next best thing

lmao...

ok..i'll take your word on it. :)

lmao...

ok..i'll take your word on it. :)

they were lame but since there really isn't anything else they are doing I'll take it.

woooo

Guest FlirtyDutherMucker

Nice idea.

I happen to play guitar, and can play most Green Day songs.

However, Im young.

So sorry, but I cant. I would, but cant.

If you lived in the UK, or nearby Wales, then I could probably.

Nice idea.

I happen to play guitar, and can play most Green Day songs.

However, Im young.

So sorry, but I cant. I would, but cant.

what does that have to do with anything

you'd just be makeing vids

if you do actually live in china, then i'm afraid i can't join your band.

but good luck finding someone!!! :)

As soon as I read the original post, I thought of you, Scotty! :)

As soon as I read the original post, I thought of you, Scotty! :)

I'm gonna post my vids tonight

hopfully record a couple more better versions

if you do actually live in china, then i'm afraid i can't join your band.

but good luck finding someone!!! :)

It's compleatly over the internet, what don't people get about that

Archived